Outcast My Outcast Build....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanx very much! And what is the advantage off replacing the bushings with seald bearings?

Smoother steering and your servo won't have to work as hard. I haven't upgraded mine yet...Just haven't had the time. I'm not sure if it makes a discernible difference or if it's just placebo but those that have done it are happy they did.

I pulled the manual. You want to replace the 4 bushings with part number AR340067 on page 55. You can get them from Amazon. Look for Fast Eddie's Sealed Bearing kit for the Kraton.

This is the drop test after mods all done 70wt all around, orange tekno front, yellow rear, battery installed

View media item 594

So need a little opinion here. This is what happens when I don't run my trucks much in the winter, too much time to tweak things. Here it is, thinking about taking my stock esc and motor out of my xxl2-e so I can run 5 s in outcast, motor and esc is only a month old. Another reason is cause the motor is red ...duh lol. Then take my mm2 esc and 2200kv motor out of my yeti XL kit build...also a month old and put that in my xxl2-e, and then the stock motor esc from outcast into the yeti XL...any opinions here....I know most will say leave it be, but I can't.

Want to thank this whole forum for all the tips with the outcast. I have been building this with all the tips on here. Lots of members to thank. It's not done yet but soon. Duperbash thank to you especially lots of great tips

Better movement since it's a bearing in there less friction
Thanx!

Smoother steering and your servo won't have to work as hard. I haven't upgraded mine yet...Just haven't had the time. I'm not sure if it makes a discernible difference or if it's just placebo but those that have done it are happy they did.

I pulled the manual. You want to replace the 4 bushings with part number AR340067 on page 55. You can get them from Amazon. Look for Fast Eddie's Sealed Bearing kit for the Kraton.
Thanx!

BasherBrink21,

Did I spot a reprint of the the manual on large format paper in the background of the Outcast Shock pic above?

No it's just the manual, not large print. I like to use manual for part numbers and use for sizes and dimensions.

Lol. It looked larger than the manual.

I've thought about reprinting the exploded diagrams from the PDF on larger paper. The manual is invaluable. My wife just rolls her eyes at me every time she sees me with my nose in it.

Lol. It looked larger than the manual.

I've thought about reprinting the exploded diagrams from the PDF on larger paper. The manual is invaluable. My wife just rolls her eyes at me every time she sees me with my nose in it.
My wife rolls her eyes then sighs, when I walk in with a new yellow package..Lol

Hey bb21,

You upgraded your steering bearings correct? I started to tear mine down and I can't get beyond removing the plastic m-shaped bracket (P/N AR320376) that sits on top of the large aluminum plate. I think there's a screw holding it in from the other side upside down. How did you get yours off?

Also, did you have to remove the top screw holding in your A-arms so you could get them out of the way? I'm trying to keep the teardown minimal.

Last edited:
Hey bb21,

You upgraded your steering bearings correct? I started to tear mine down and I can't get beyond removing the plastic m-shaped bracket (P/N AR320376) that sits on top of the large aluminum plate. I think there's a screw holding it in from the other side upside down. How did you get yours off?

Also, did you have to remove the top screw holding in your A-arms so you could get them out of the way? I'm trying to keep the teardown minimal.
Say I can get back to you in the am early brain fried for the night

Hey bb21,

Yes remove the two top pins for the upper a arms...watch the little plastic spacers on the pins one in the front it's thicker and two things ones at other end....then remove the top plate..that exposes the top.of the bell crank. You will need to remove both stereking links from the bell crank also...from there pretty easy lift bell crank up replace bushings good to go

When you guys installed the tbone bumper did you use all four of the included screws? The longer ones went in fine in front but it didn't feel right screwing the last 1/8th inch of threads on the back pair. I didn't want to force them but I don't know what they're screwing into either.

When you guys installed the tbone bumper did you use all four of the included screws? The longer ones went in fine in front but it didn't feel right screwing the last 1/8th inch of threads on the back pair. I didn't want to force them but I don't know what they're screwing into either.
Little tough getting in but good to go. I installed the front and back with the four screws provided

bb21,

Two Q's - What are the dimensions of the washers you used in your shocks and did you use any of the stock grommets in your servo mount?

Thanks in advance.

PS - I heard a rumor you broke your Outcast. What happened?!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back