Outcast My Outcast Build....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guessing that's the washer ID. OD and thickness would be great.

I picked up some 3mm washers. They look tiny! Hopefully I got the right ones.

Last edited:
Did you remove the stock washers, or use the 3mm ones in conjunction with the stock washers?
Thanks but I'm good. I installed them last night and they fit fine. I wish the ID was a bit smaller though.

New truck should be here Friday, this will be my first Arrma. Here is a list of upgrades ordered and on their way. I will post pics as I build it up. If you can see anything I'm missing for it let me know

Tekno springs orange for the front.
Tekno springs yellow for rear.
Team Durango shims for the diffs.
Aluminum servo arm.
Fast Eddie Bearings.
4- 6x10x3mm bearings for steering rack instead of bushings.
Savox SW1210sg servo w/glitch buster.
VoltageHobbies Servo mount.
T-Bone Racing Typhoon front and rear bumpers.
Shock silicon TBD?....any suggestions mainly Bash.
Diff Fluid TBD?.....any suggestions mainly Bash.
Hot Racing Rear chassis brace

I will also post build on my YouTube channel Bulldog RC..
TIA for all the advice...great forum

Why did you chose the Savox SW1210sg servo w/glitch buster vs other Savox? like the sa-1231sg or the sc-1258tg are other that people have chosen. new and trying to understand. I just bash my Outcast

Anything else you need for the Servo to work

Not sure. I still run the stock servo. I just tightened the servo saver and it works for me. I may look into an upgrade if the stock one dies.

I upgraded to the 1210SG right away.
Much better than stock servo.
More power, aluminum body...just all around better.
Worth the price of admission I think.
Just make sure you run it with a glitch buster as the current draw is heavier and so it will place increased load/demand on the ESC's BEC.

Does the glitch buster that just plugs into the receiver work or do you think you need the type like castle makes? I think racers edge makes one that is just a capacitor that plugs right into the receiver.

I have he Racers Edge one, which as you noted is a large metal can capacitor that just plugs in to any open port on the receiver.
I Velcro'd mine to the front chassis brace.
Does the glitch buster that just plugs into the receiver work or do you think you need the type like castle makes? I think racers edge makes one that is just a capacitor that plugs right into the receiver.

So what is the difference between that and the castle bec? I don't quite understand all that.

IMG_0844.JPG
A BEC (battery eliminator circuit), is usually comprised of IC's (integrated circuits)....it is active, and supplies solid state power.
The glitch buster on the other hand is a passive device, and singular in nature (just a capacitor). There is no 'active' regulation of power, ie. no voltage regulator. It simply stores power, and releases it as the current draw from the servo needs juice (like under acceleration and turning at the same time for instance). The BLX185 is rated up to 6A, so when you throw a high torque servo in there, sometimes the excessive load on the BEC can cause lack of power throughout the signal chain...and so resulting in odd behaviour with the truck (involuntary throttle input while turning etc.), servo hum/noise from not receiving enough power under high torque applications etc.
On a platform like the Outcast, a separate BEC is not really needed IMO...the GB does a fine job at cleaning things up and keeping power in reserve when needed.

Do you know the part number for the mugen...tower has a set is this correct?

Sorry guys found the right forum on the correct part numbers...

What is the deal with T-Bone Racing? I ordered bumpers from them Feb 6th and my order is still in "New" status. Anyone else have delay issues? I did call 2 days ago (Feb 20th) and was told it was almost finished, but....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back