Outcast My outcast is awful sloppy, a lot of play in the steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doyawannatry

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So my outcast is 9 month old & it's very loose & sloppy play in the front A arms & ball ends the stering also..I want to make it like it was new what do i have to buy

I want to make it like it was new what do i have to buy

A new one! Lol no, seriously though you pretty much have to go through it and make that determination by what you encounter. Are things broken? Worn out? Or maybe just need a little tightening and adjusting?

This would be everything that could possibly be worn out and creating slop in the steering minus worn gears internally within the servo

From JennyRC

IMG_8703.PNG
IMG_8704.PNG
IMG_8705.PNG

Everything is in stock except for the hubs but if you check back they'll be back in stock soon.
For the price, anything that you don't need to replace from an assembly can go into the spare parts bin for use at a later date

I think it is wore out the bearings there is space in the upper & lower control arms it is still stock i did try to tightening some then it didnt turn good so i ll just get new parts thanks

This would be everything that could possibly be worn out and creating slop in the steering minus worn gears internally within the servo

From JennyRC

View attachment 27192View attachment 27193View attachment 27194
Everything is in stock except for the hubs but if you check back they'll be back in stock soon.
For the price, anything that you don't need to replace from an assembly can go into the spare parts bin for use at a later date
Thank you this is the help i was after now i can figure it out

To adjust your pillow balls, it's best to disconnect your servo, then adjust them while the arms are parallel to the ground. With the servo disconnected, you can really feel what's too little or too much when adjusting the pillow ball caps as you tighten/loosen then turn the steering to feel it. Also wouldn't hurt to take the pillow ball caps off and clean the ball/ball seat with some DA and put some wax based lube in there before adjusting them back to "snug".

I've noticed in my front upper arms there's a lot of slop on the inside hinge pin. I just got a set from RPM directly to replace the upper arms. I had to pay for them as it was considered wear/tear that they didn't even offer to warranty. Granted, I didn't even ask for warranty because I just wanted the arms for when it gets really bad later. The design of the upper arms puts the hinge pin mount very close to each other, so all the up/down/impacts and the twisting force of the 6S power stretches the hole out and causes slop, which then means slop in the entire front end.

Also, from what I can tell, all the arrma trucks use bushings in the steering posts. Replace those with bearings. That will also clear out some slop and will keep it from coming back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back