Outcast My outcast setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cater4anytink

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I'm a newbie to the rc scene and just wanted to share my setup with others..
All diffs have 100k ,will be getting 200K for center, orange tekno springs all round,80wt oil in front shocks rear is original wt oil?,16 tooth pinion and 6s power. I like this setup as I wanted the car a lot stiffer to stop it from rolling when I broke hard..seems to have worked..also my the front wheels have decreased with blooning a
I am new to this so I can't say it's perfect or correct but it does feel right at the mo.

Hi,

I'm a newbie too, but I have am electronically minded more than mechanically minded. So this will be my first differential deconstruction. On the other hand, mucking around with the electronics is second nature to me.

I asked because I wondered whether reducing the brake strength via the ESC is another way of preventing rolls on hard braking...

Regards.

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm a newbie too, but I have am electronically minded more than mechanically minded. So this will be my first differential deconstruction. On the other hand, mucking around with the electronics is second nature to me.

I asked because I wondered whether reducing the brake strength via the ESC is another way of preventing rolls on hard braking...

Regards.
Just wondering did you ever change your esc brake setting..and what was the outcome?

Just wondering did you ever change your esc brake setting..and what was the outcome?

Yes I did.

On one occasion, after braking suddenly, the front of the car bonnet dived into the ground, and then the car flipped forwards, and tumbled along the ground. Think of it as the opposite of a wheelie, except there is no wheelie bar up front.

So after that I reduced my ESC brake setting. So now it slowly comes to a stop.
The downside is, is of course, Is that the stopping distance is longer (beware of boundaries!) and it will affect how the car flies in the air (eg. Correcting mid-air for backflips / doing front flips)

Hi all. I just ordered the Tekno Orange shock springs for front & rear of my Outcast to hopefully firm up the suspension a bit. It has hard chassis slap to the ground now even from only about 3 feet high. Any suggestions as to shock fluid wgt to use to further help this? Thanks

Anywhere from 1000 cst to 1300 cst should do the trick.
Very viscous is 1K cst and above for shocks, but - the Outcast is heavy, and the piston has 6 eyelets...so thin fluid transitions way to quickly.

Hi all. I just ordered the Tekno Orange shock springs for front & rear of my Outcast to hopefully firm up the suspension a bit. It has hard chassis slap to the ground now even from only about 3 feet high. Any suggestions as to shock fluid wgt to use to further help this? Thanks
I'm running 70 front and 60 rear and like it so far with Orange Teknos.

Ok. I just installed the Tekno Orange springs with 80wt in the front and 70wt in the rear. 80wt was the heaviest my local shop had. So far it seems to have helped on the "drop test" and the suspension feels silky smooth. When it warms up a bit outside and stops snowing we'll take it for a run.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back