Outcast My Outcast so far

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vedak

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
Currently waiting on some shims and an M2C motor mount before I rebuild the center diff.

But here is the current build:
HR front chassis brace
HR servo arm
Protek 370tbl servo
Aluminum servo mount
M2C rear chassis brace
M2C shock standoff
SMC Precision voltage alarm
CC BEC @ 7.4v
RPM front bumper
HR front hubs thingy
Yeah Racing dual fan heatsink
Custom rear mud guards, because the rpm ones I got didnt fit.

Still figuring out some wire routing, and tuning on the front alignment. But I'll say that protek servo is rowdy!
20200602_162341.jpg

20200602_162329.jpg

Jeez she gonna be a beast, custom roc upgrades is good aswelll and I got hw m2c chassis it is amazing
Thanks, I'm trying to upgrade slowly. The chassis supports came into play, because they factory ones were stripped right out of box. Servo I didn't need, just wanted something more powerful. The dang thing actually moves the aluminum servo mounts like nothing.

Currently waiting on some shims and an M2C motor mount before I rebuild the center diff.

But here is the current build:
HR front chassis brace
HR servo arm
Protek 370tbl servo
Aluminum servo mount
M2C rear chassis brace
M2C shock standoff
SMC Precision voltage alarm
CC BEC @ 7.4v
RPM front bumper
HR front hubs thingy
Yeah Racing dual fan heatsink
Custom rear mud guards, because the rpm ones I got didnt fit.

Still figuring out some wire routing, and tuning on the front alignment. But I'll say that protek servo is rowdy!
View attachment 83869

View attachment 83871
Nice rig! I just got my Outcast 6s V4 and I’m ordering upgrades daily. Hard to find some stuff, outta stock everywhere.

Thanks, I'm trying to upgrade slowly. The chassis supports came into play, because they factory ones were stripped right out of box. Servo I didn't need, just wanted something more powerful. The dang thing actually moves the aluminum servo mounts like nothing.
I hear you on moving slowly, but the better the upgrades up front, the more time you'll spend bashing. When I got my second 6s vehicle, Typhon 6s, I tore it down and replaced almost everything I knew would give me problems. Since I don't kill it like i do my Notorious, the list wasn't too long. If I bought a Kraton or Talion today, I would be visiting the M2C Racing, Custom Rc Upgrades, RPM and GKA sights the same day. Knowing what I know now, a full transformation means extreme bashing from day one. No offense to @PPS-RC, as I haven't had the opportunity to sample his goods yet.

Nice rig! I just got my Outcast 6s V4 and I’m ordering upgrades daily. Hard to find some stuff, outta stock everywhere.
Thanks, yeah that seems to be the case. Luckily for us, arrma are already pretty dang tough. So you can still drive around while you wait for parts. I actually still have my original a-arms, even though most change them to rpm on the spot. I find wrenching fun in general, as long as it's on my terms.

I hear you on moving slowly, but the better the upgrades up front, the more time you'll spend bashing. When I got my second 6s vehicle, Typhon 6s, I tore it down and replaced almost everything I knew would give me problems. Since I don't kill it like i do my Notorious, the list wasn't too long. If I bought a Kraton or Talion today, I would be visiting the M2C Racing, Custom Rc Upgrades, RPM and GKA sights the same day. Knowing what I know now, a full transformation means extreme bashing from day one. No offense to @PPS-RC, as I haven't had the opportunity to sample his goods yet.
The main reason for slow upgrades, is money. haha I can't afford to upgrade everything right away, and it's kinda nice to see the changes slowly. I'm not super particular about having to have everything shiny all at once. Although it is nice. I've mainly been purchasing things from Hot racing and M2C. But I'll definitely check those other manufacturers out.

Everyone is doing stuff with their r/c cars I could have never even imagined just a few years ago haha.

Thanks, yeah that seems to be the case. Luckily for us, arrma are already pretty dang tough. So you can still drive around while you wait for parts. I actually still have my original a-arms, even though most change them to rpm on the spot. I find wrenching fun in general, as long as it's on my terms.

The main reason for slow upgrades, is money. haha I can't afford to upgrade everything right away, and it's kinda nice to see the changes slowly. I'm not super particular about having to have everything shiny all at once. Although it is nice. I've mainly been purchasing things from Hot racing and M2C. But I'll definitely check those other manufacturers out.

Everyone is doing stuff with their r/c cars I could have never even imagined just a few years ago haha.
Agreed! I enjoy wrenching and bashing. As for slowly upgrading, I’m in the same boat. I got money, but 1/8 RC truck is hard to hide from the wife. ? Just kidding! It’s not a cheap hobby. Gotta pay to play.

Cleaned up my wiring a little, the y harness that joined the 3 fans to my esc looked very cluttered.

Also installed an M2C motor mount, HR diff cup for the center, and tekno pinion. The motor mount immediately came in handy, because I've been fiddling with these mesh a lot.

Has anyone experienced an increase in gear sound, after installing a tekno pinion?

20200605_171046.jpg

20200605_182109.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back