Outcast My Outcast will be here on Monday!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NITROMAN2000

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I've been putting monester truck tires in 1/8 buggies for a while now. looking for something that can swallow 6S batteries for breakfast l, lunch and dinner. I was going to convert on of my monster buggies to 6S but ARRMA basically dI'd all the work for me ;)

Iitterraly have 7 6S batteries originally got these for 500 heli but that did not pan out. batteries are 2650 and 3000 6S hope they are good enough. I will adjust ESC and pinion to take it easy in the packs. Not looking for ballistic performance, just want to use the packs I've got. I ready checked dimensions and they are a little more narrow than a standard 4S hardback so should fit well.

I'll need to read up on the Kraton thread as this is basically a kraton with a typhoon chassis.

This thing is HUGE!!!!

Here are some pics comparing it to my monster 1/8 buggy DXR8E with RC4WD clod rumble tires and monster pirate wheels. Weight is similar to a std. Traxxas E-maxx but durability and power are up there. I've been tied up with Family activities but tomorrow, the power supply will cry when I start to charge my 4 6S battery packs. I've ordered more XT90 connectors so I can double up more of my hardcase 2S packs which will probably be my everyday bashing setup.

Attachments

• 20161121_142705.jpg
    20161121_142705.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 20161123_091741.jpg
    20161123_091741.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 20161123_091857.jpg
    20161123_091857.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 50
this sucks..my outcast is stuck somewhere in shipping...was supposed to be here monday...here it is wed...and no new info on delivery ..there may be some postal workers on this forum...but for some reason the ones in my area can't seem to do an end of year hustle considering they spend 300 days of the year doing fuckall. ..

Truck is boring with 4S...this is my 6S setup using 2600 6S batteries in parallel for a combined 5200 6S pack they weigh about 800g. They fit well in the included battery box, they are a little bit narrower than a std. hardo case pack.

6S the truck is a blast to drive, will get on its lid if you have enough traction.

I have some Proline Big Joes that I wanted to put in but could not get the stock wheels off. take a look at how over-torqued this was at the factory!!!!! I'll be getting a puller from the autoparts store. This is a major quality issue here...20161124_160834.jpg 20161124_191257.jpg 20161124_145407.jpg

Here is the 2/3 puller from oriellys this was a loaner so no cost to get. You still need to use force but this keeps tension in the wheel so it can back its way through the threads. The bad news is that it will scratch the red anodizing off the hubs.

Attachments

• 20161125_145346.jpg
    20161125_145346.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 55
I found my Outcast was running a little warm in my bashing spot with 6S POWER. Motor Temp was 170F and it was a pretty mild day in North Texas the upper 60's. I let it cool off before I finished the 5200 6S pack. My bashing spot has a little of everything... Hard dirt, short grass, jumps and lots of high speed sections. I was also doing alot of wheelies and all sort of stupid poop thst goes along with 24V of power ;)

Nitroman are you running stock gearing? Sounds like you've had more fun than me on 6s, bash spot sounds nice. Wonder if repeated WOT in fast sections is heating it up. I start getting concerned after 155-160 just to be on safe side. Don't want to upgrade electronics prematurely.

I'm running out of the box gearing, I think it's 16 tooth...have not actually checked myself.

WOT is going to heat things up. I actually run a fan on almost all my brushless motors. I don't see this as a bad thing, the energy density is simply too high on new Lipo and brushless motors. Moving a 10lb truck is going to generate some heat especially if you are hitting WOT. The trick is to retain the reliability of the system even if you are using a fan. Some trucks like the 2WD stampede make it difficult to install a fan, not a lot of room and gets damaged easily.

I'm running out of the box gearing, I think it's 16 tooth...have not actually checked myself.

WOT is going to heat things up. I actually run a fan on almost all my brushless motors. I don't see this as a bad thing, the energy density is simply too high on new LiPo and brushless motors. Moving a 10lb truck is going to generate some heat especially if you are hitting WOT. The trick is to retain the reliability of the system even if you are using a fan. Some trucks like the 2WD stampede make it difficult to install a fan, not a lot of room and gets damaged easily.
My Outcast came with 12 tooth stock. I never used it, went straight to 16 to bounce between 4 and 6s and still get decent top speed on 4s. So far truck is more fun and stunt capable on 6s for sure. Haven't had real spike in temps, but still haven't really ran hard through entire pack on 6s, been busy/pressed for time, still searching for better local bash spots worthy of multi pack runs. Haven't used fan on this one yet, but not against it. Hear you with the weight issue and energy density, still blows my mind how much power these motors put down. I wonder if higher gearing has helped me be less than full throttle yet still getting speeds/performance I'm looking for. Not really using full throttle as this setup is so wheelie happy. Temps in my area have been cool 55 ish midday. I think stock wheels roll easily and help reduce strain on system. I'll post better temp readings with longer/harder session soon.

Now you will force me to count the teeth on the pinion gear...I do know the outcast lists the 16T pinion as "stock" . It does have a "speed" pinion in the spare parts bag. Duperbash is probably correct, I'll confirm tonight. The forecast for me is RAIN RAIN RAIN all weekend long...Let's just say the water proof system will be tested! What better way to let off some steam running 22V WOT! My tires found a piece of re-bar in my bashing spot, took a while to find the missing chunks of rubber tire... Some quality time with CA Glue...Now I'm on full on 3.8 tire BEAST MODE2. Using the locktite CA brand from Walmart. Seels to be workingood real good.

Attachments

• 20161129_044441.jpg
    20161129_044441.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 38
Now you will force me to count the teeth on the pinion gear...I do know the outcast lists the 16T pinion as "stock" . It does have a "speed" pinion in the spare parts bag. Duperbash is probably correct, I'll confirm tonight. The forecast for me is RAIN RAIN RAIN all weekend long...Let's just say the water proof system will be tested! What better way to let off some steam running 22V WOT! My tires found a piece of re-bar in my bashing spot, took a while to find the missing chunks of rubber tire... Some quality time with CA Glue...Now I'm on full on 3.8 tire BEAST MODE2. Using the locktite CA brand from Walmart. Seels to be workingood real good.
I had to put on my reading glasses to count mine, 16 came as extra "speed gear" with my goodie bag. I think Arrma gets worried about people being careless and burning these systems up with nonstop donuts or something stupid and sends trucks out geared small. Sorry you hit the rebar, stuff is brutal. Wondering if the wheels you're using are much heavier than stock, that extra rotational mass would definitely bring temps up a bit. Good thing for the mighty Walmart. Sometimes mine is a freak show, but prices are hard to beat.

R Duperbash you Sir are correct stock pinion is 12T, 16T is the optional "speed" pinion.

20161202_193027.jpg

Hope yours wasn't completely over thread locked on. I had to heat the crap out of mine with heat gun prior before it would budge. Grub was difficult, pinion was loctite welded to motor shaft! Still wanting to message Arrma to chill out a bit with the thread locker and over torqued rig assembly. They should know customers like to wrench on and customize their stuff.

I got these 5000 4S packs before the hobbyking cyber sale. US Warehouse $28 can't really complain. Wanted to test out the new packs...weather was really poopy, 49-deg wet cold and even a little drizzle at the end. I'm convinced my20161203_154820.jpg
grass now hates me. Wish I could of captured my dog chasing the outcast in the back yard. Every time the outcast lauches into th2e air (hot a killer ramp setup) the dog didn't know what to do ;)

That's funny about the dog, I crack up when dogs chase my Typhon at local field, makes the dogs feel kinda slow or inadequate I think. Great price for lipo packs. Those tires look quite beefy, good for dethatching lawn.

Man this thing is like bullet proof. I'm doing full on bombing runs on what best described as a runway that has been carpet bombed and the outcast just floats over it. The suspension is unreal it just soaks it up and keeps on going. Today I hit a big rock I thought is was game over and it just kept going like nothing happened.

Man this thing is like bullet proof. I'm doing full on bombing runs on what best described as a runway that has been carpet bombed and the outcast just floats over it. The suspension is unreal it just soaks it up and keeps on going. Today I hit a big rock I thought is was game over and it just kept going like nothing happened.
Nitroman I hear you, Outcast is a beast! Can't wait til rain passes, simply loving this rig. Truck mowed right over my neighbors rock garden like nothing. Still really impressed with design and overall ability and handling. I was worried about SWB but performance is awesome and loads of fun!

My outcast is due tomorrow I've ordered it from modlesport UK as a complete set with 6's lipo's,i've also orders 80wt shock oil front and back and 100,000wt diff oil for the center diff,blue lock tite and I've also orders some tekno springs. I'm a bit worried I may of jumped in at the deep end,but I always say go big or go home!!! I'd appreciate any advice before I start my new project

My outcast is due tomorrow I've ordered it from modlesport UK as a complete set with 6's LiPo's,i've also orders 80wt shock oil front and back and 100,000wt diff oil for the center diff,blue lock tite and I've also orders some tekno springs. I'm a bit worried I may of jumped in at the deep end,but I always say go big or go home!!! I'd appreciate any advice before I start my new project
This is my first proppa rc car.....last one I had about ten years ago cost me £120 all in lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back