My outcast wont move/cant factory reset my esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cater4anytink

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Took my outcast out yesterday and after 30 sec it wouldn't move forward or backward..I've tried resetting the esc but it won't enter reset mode..any suggestions before I contact arrma

Is it making any noises ?
Have you played with the throttle trim ?
Check the engine leads mine have unplugged thrashing !!

Hi everyone. New to Arrma, even newer to the forums. I think I might have an issue similar to this, except I know it's not throttle trim. I was bashing around in the snow (which seems to be the new norm) and hit a huge snow burm going about 40, did a back flip and landed. I must have landed at a weird angle cause it bounced and hit nose first on the pavement. Pretty normal stuff, nothing the Nero can't handle. But then I went to throttle forward and nothing. I got closer to the truck and heard a binding sound. Checked and everything moves freely by hand. I did notice that when I turn the front wheels the rear wheels or the drive shaft connected to the rear diff doesn't move. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Hi everyone. New to Arrma, even newer to the forums. I think I might have an issue similar to this, except I know it's not throttle trim. I was bashing around in the snow (which seems to be the new norm) and hit a huge snow burm going about 40, did a back flip and landed. I must have landed at a weird angle cause it bounced and hit nose first on the pavement. Pretty normal stuff, nothing the Nero can't handle. But then I went to throttle forward and nothing. I got closer to the truck and heard a binding sound. Checked and everything moves freely by hand. I did notice that when I turn the front wheels the rear wheels or the drive shaft connected to the rear diff doesn't move. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.
Sounds like you've striped something bra !!
Start by taking out the Centre diff pull it apart and check if it looks good do the same to the back.

Thanks for the quick reply guys. I will check grub screws. This sucks cause I just put all that stuff back in after putting a tekin t8 and a 12t pinion. Between kids and daily activities it took me almost all day to get it back together. We'll here I go again. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

Took my outcast out yesterday and after 30 sec it wouldn't move forward or backward..I've tried resetting the esc but it won't enter reset mode..any suggestions before I contact arrma

I'm having the same exact problem. I was out in the snow and it stopped dead. The red light on my ESC is flashing which means it is in heat protection mode. But it will not let me enter setup mode to try and reset my throttle points or anything. It's supposed to automatically exit heat protection mode once it cools off but is it has been in my house for well over 24 hours and it still won't do anything.

I had the same problem with light flashing on the esc. I tried everything and it came right after one week.
It was because of water. Those esc are not 100% waterproof.
Last week same problem with hpi bullet stopping to work after driving in water, I put some WD 40, switch on again and it was like new.
You must put it were the wires goes in to the esc.
Hope it helps

I just purchased my Outcast last week and got the battery and charger yesterday. I connected the battery last night and went through the ESC settings with no problem as well as the throttle settings but tonight when I connected the battery I’m having what seems to be the same problem as others. I am not able to reset the ESC to factory settings and I don’t think that the throttle is setup properly but I haven’t tried to drive it yet. It wasn’t working at all tonight even though it was yesterday so I did the throttle setup again. I don’t think that it’s right I have had to do that twice. I was hoping to this weekend but now I’m worried that it might be something I won’t have control over and I don’t want to damage anything. Does anyone have any suggestions and/or live in the Dallas area that could help me?

I just purchased my Outcast last week and got the battery and charger yesterday. I connected the battery last night and went through the ESC settings with no problem as well as the throttle settings but tonight when I connected the battery I’m having what seems to be the same problem as others. I am not able to reset the ESC to factory settings and I don’t think that the throttle is setup properly but I haven’t tried to drive it yet. It wasn’t working at all tonight even though it was yesterday so I did the throttle setup again. I don’t think that it’s right I have had to do that twice. I was hoping to this weekend but now I’m worried that it might be something I won’t have control over and I don’t want to damage anything. Does anyone have any suggestions and/or live in the Dallas area that could help me?

As long as you go thro the esc programming it won't store the program until you power off the esc. This sets the program so when turning the esc off. There is a great video on the esc set up on YouTube type in blx 185 esc setup it' like 13 mins long but is the best video I've found to explain how to set up your esc. Hope this helps once you get the hang of the way you program the esc it's pretty easy.

Sounds like you've striped something bra !!
Start by taking out the Centre diff pull it apart and check if it looks good do the same to the back.

Deff sounds like you stripped either your spiders or the crown gear in the diff. Do you have your diffs shimmed.

Thank you! I found the video on YouTube and that helped me out tremendously!
As long as you go thro the esc programming it won't store the program until you power off the esc. This sets the program so when turning the esc off. There is a great video on the esc set up on YouTube type in blx 185 esc setup it' like 13 mins long but is the best video I've found to explain how to set up your esc. Hope this helps once you get the hang of the way you program the esc it's pretty easy.

Hello all, new to this, bought a Arrma Notorious, been playing with ot, lovely, forward, reverse, now i noticed , no brakes, i tried punching it settings, but got it all mixed up, Please help and advise how to set it to factory setting or to set it, to go forward, reverse and brakes thanks. Dion

Hello all, new to this, bought a Arrma Notorious, been playing with ot, lovely, forward, reverse, now i noticed , no brakes, i tried punching it settings, but got it all mixed up, Please help and advise how to set it to factory setting or to set it, to go forward, reverse and brakes thanks. Dion

Are you running it on 50% power by chance with the no break issue?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back