This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Outcast 6s
So I started off in April with m first ever brushless rc truck... the big rock 3s. Here’s everything I’ve done to it since. If anyone would like to calculate how much money has been put into this thing it would be appreciated as I’m kind of curious but forgot some of the prices?
in no particular order:

6S esc and motor swap
TBR front bumper, wheelie bar, and skid plate
Typhon shocks
Hot racing adjustable motor mount
Hot racing driveshafts front and rear
Savox steering servo
Jim’s bearings full set
Flysky FS-GT3B remote and receiver (will be upgraded soon)
Hot racing +10mm hex adapters 17mm
Proline badlands front and rear

the hex adapters and tires haven’t been put on yet as I’m still awaiting a 6x30 to 17mm adapter you run them
The body is the stock body and is very scratched so hopefully getting a show body soon
Overall I’m very proud of my rig, especially for being a teenager with not much money and a lot of what I get goes into this thing?
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
I predict bye bye drive shafts ??
These HR ones have held up really well so I’m hoping they still will on 6s
More like Big Block on 6s lol.
I was just thinking about that right after I posted this? it’s sort of like a hybrid?
Pretty sick man. Hope those Diff gears hold up to 6s power. Post a running vid ??
Hopefully they do!!
And I was wondering how I could take a video. I don’t do the 1 handed steering thing and I don’t have a GoPro so I don’t know how exactly to record it on my phone without it being a really bad video? any tips?

And I was wondering how I could take a video. I don’t do the 1 handed steering thing and I don’t have a GoPro so I don’t know how exactly to record it on my phone without it being a really bad video? any tips?

Your best bet is to think through the shot a few times before filming anything. Watch a few youtuber videos on composition and setting up a shot to communicate to your audience what the "story" of the video is.

Random vids like "Here is my car" suck. Everyone has seen a BRCC before. Put a little effort into your video and show the audience why your car is worth their time to watch.

Use a tripod. Don't yell at the camera. Don't stick the camera in your face like your taking a selfy with your T-Rex arms.

If you want to talk about the car then tripod your phone, frame your car in the shot and stand out of the shot next to the phone so the mic will pick up your voice while you speak normally. Use a script and do NOT say the words "um" or "actually".

If you want to walk around the car to show it off while it's sitting still use the tripod as a gimbal. There are videos showing how to weight the legs of a tripod and use it as a poor mans gimbal. Steady video is mandatory.

Use an editor app. There are free apps but I'll warn you in advance that if your phone does not shoot in 2k or better it won't run an editor.

Google how to shoot/edit video with your model of phone and you'll see if it's made to do anything more than just selfies.

Good luck

These HR ones have held up really well so I’m hoping they still will on 6s

I was just thinking about that right after I posted this? it’s sort of like a hybrid?

Hopefully they do!!

You can get one of those bendable Leg tripods that hold your phone. Put it in that and wrap the legs around your transmitter so you can still use 2 hands to drive and just keep it pointed at the car as it goes by and stuff ??

6s is going to be nuts haha. I got the same rig for my son for Christmas and it’s quick on 3s. I’ll add the hub extenders and mx28’s today to see how it runs. The stock tires aren’t too great. I want to turn up the punch on the esc too...nice build !!! I’m a horrible cameraman as well. I’ll get a go pro one of these days...

Your best bet is to think through the shot a few times before filming anything. Watch a few youtuber videos on composition and setting up a shot to communicate to your audience what the "story" of the video is.

Random vids like "Here is my car" suck. Everyone has seen a BRCC before. Put a little effort into your video and show the audience why your car is worth their time to watch.

Use a tripod. Don't yell at the camera. Don't stick the camera in your face like your taking a selfy with your T-Rex arms.

If you want to talk about the car then tripod your phone, frame your car in the shot and stand out of the shot next to the phone so the mic will pick up your voice while you speak normally. Use a script and do NOT say the words "um" or "actually".

If you want to walk around the car to show it off while it's sitting still use the tripod as a gimbal. There are videos showing how to weight the legs of a tripod and use it as a poor mans gimbal. Steady video is mandatory.

Use an editor app. There are free apps but I'll warn you in advance that if your phone does not shoot in 2k or better it won't run an editor.

Google how to shoot/edit video with your model of phone and you'll see if it's made to do anything more than just selfies.

Good luck
Woah that’s a lot of info?
But yeah I’ll start looking into tripods and how to shoot and all of that good stuff
Thanks!!
You can get one of those bendable Leg tripods that hold your phone. Put it in that and wrap the legs around your transmitter so you can still use 2 hands to drive and just keep it pointed at the car as it goes by and stuff ??
That’s a good idea?

Last edited:
I actually don’t like the idea of a tripod unless it’s just for a few cuts here and there. I would prefer a head mount or radio mounted cam shot. Tripods are never going to be following the action, so your subject won’t be in scene for long. If you have an ultra wide lens, then it will appear to be far away.

I actually don’t like the idea of a tripod unless it’s just for a few cuts here and there. I would prefer a head mount or radio mounted cam shot. Tripods are never going to be following the action, so your subject won’t be in scene for long. If you have an ultra wide lens, then it will appear to be far away.
Would something like one of those suction cup phone mounts work and just attach it to my radio?

Would something like one of those suction cup phone mounts work and just attach it to my radio?
I wouldn’t think the suction cup would hold it but if you added some tape or rubber bands it might hold well enough.

It took me a while to figure it out why the ESC was sideways, lol, way overkill, there is no such thing as too much power,je je!
Yeah lol I had to drill new holes into the receiver box but I managed to have it still waterproof. And it is a lot of power and it’s so much fun so far. And nothing has broken yet after 2 batteries ran through it
6s huh? I predict it's going to be on it's roof more than it's wheels ;)
It’s actually not that bad to handle as long as you have the ability to not go balls to the wall the entire time. It’s a lot of fun and sort of handles similar to my brothers outcast somehow. It’s a lot of fun and so far no broken parts??

UPDATE:
Ok so I ran it on 6s and I don’t have enough room on my driveway to let it go full throttle whilst keeping all 4 wheels on the ground?I topped out at 55 yesterday at around 3/4 throttle. Can’t wait to take it somewhere that I can fully open her up. Also it is fun to be driving around 25 then floor it and do a backflip???

Last edited:
So I started off in April with m first ever brushless rc truck... the big rock 3s. Here’s everything I’ve done to it since. If anyone would like to calculate how much money has been put into this thing it would be appreciated as I’m kind of curious but forgot some of the prices?
in no particular order:

6S esc and motor swap
TBR front bumper, wheelie bar, and skid plate
Typhon shocks
Hot racing adjustable motor mount
Hot racing driveshafts front and rear
Savox steering servo
Jim’s bearings full set
Flysky FS-GT3B remote and receiver (will be upgraded soon)
Hot racing +10mm hex adapters 17mm
Proline badlands front and rear

the hex adapters and tires haven’t been put on yet as I’m still awaiting a 6x30 to 17mm adapter you run them
The body is the stock body and is very scratched so hopefully getting a show body soon
Overall I’m very proud of my rig, especially for being a teenager with not much money and a lot of what I get goes into this thing?View attachment 58388View attachment 58389View attachment 58390
You should at lease upgrade the diffs if your gonna run more power. I used the Arrma cnc metal crown gear, arrma cnc metal input gear , and the composite diff cups. I got a 4s set up in there and I don't have worry about stripping out the ring and crown gear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back