My RC builds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevys10zr2003

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
I have the following cars:
HPI Baja 5B SS. Purchased and assembled back in late 2013. Stock except for the electric conversion from Castle, which was done in Fall of 2016.
Traxxas Slash 2wd VXL: Purchased used in early 2016 and added TSM and replaced the fried VXL system with another VXL system.
Arrma Senton V2: Purchased summer 2016 and is stock and have only replaced the tires with Proline Trenchers.
Arrma Typhon V2: Purchased fall 2016 and is stock. Purchased RPM wing mounts but haven't broken stock ones yet.
Arrma Kraton V2: Purchased two months ago and swapped to a Castle 2200kv system to run 2s for my son. Swapped system and put back in box and wrapped up for birthday present. Purchased RPM wing mounts but haven't broken stock ones yet.
1/16 Traxxas E-revo VXL: Purchased at the same time as the Kraton and is still stock. Purchased RPM a arms and bumpers but haven't broken the stock ones yet.

I don't really upgrade parts unless they break. I have been thinking about swapping the shocks on my Senton, Typhon and Kraton to Tekno shocks as I have bent a handful of shock shafts but for the most part I leave my cars stock.

Should also add that I don't have any pictures as everything is packed up for moving. Since they are all stock though, including the bodies, there really isn't anything impressive with them yet.

Last edited:
Sounds like your interest in the hobby has really picked up in the last year or so. Nice collection! What's your favorite?
It has really taken off in the last year. My wallet is definitely feeling it though lol. I'd say my favorite so far for all around is probably the Typhon. Each one really has its pluses and minuses though. The Typhon does get hung up on chunks of dirt and stuff and due to the open diffs and thin diff oil, it gets stuck as it sends the power to the wheels in the air. I've thought of putting in heavier oil but I like the way it handles. After receiving the son's Kraton I really want to get either a Kraton or Outcast for myself though.

Same here. I was very content with what I had until I seen the Arrma lineup. Then my interest was peaked again. Looks like the same might be true for you too. It's hard to say no to buying when you can pick a well built vehicle than can go toe to toe with $650+ vehicles for around $425. It does take a toll on the wallet after while though, that's for sure. I've picked up the Nero and Outcast so far in the Arrma lineup. Can't say I like one over the other. They both have their strengths. As far as Kraton vs Outcast, I've heard a lot of people say the Kraton is good for controlled fun and the Outcast is good for over the top, crazy fun. I've found the Outcast to be pretty in control for it's short wheelbase though. But I haven't done any jumps with it yet. I imagine you can't go wrong with either. If it was me, beat on your son's Kraton and get yourself an Outcast..it really is a different animal.

Same here. I was very content with what I had until I seen the Arrma lineup. Then my interest was peaked again. Looks like the same might be true for you too. It's hard to say no to buying when you can pick a well built vehicle than can go toe to toe with $650+ vehicles for around $425. It does take a toll on the wallet after while though, that's for sure. I've picked up the Nero and Outcast so far in the Arrma lineup. Can't say I like one over the other. They both have their strengths. As far as Kraton vs Outcast, I've heard a lot of people say the Kraton is good for controlled fun and the Outcast is good for over the top, crazy fun. I've found the Outcast to be pretty in control for it's short wheelbase though. But I haven't done any jumps with it yet. I imagine you can't go wrong with either. If it was me, beat on your son's Kraton and get yourself an Outcast..it really is a different animal.
I hear exactly what you're saying in the value of the Arrma lineup. My friends were trying to talk me into a Slash, which don't get me wrong is a decent vehicle as well, but when you look at the Slash being $450+ and needing a bunch of upgrades out of the box and then look at the Senton with steel driveshafts and all metal gears and shocks for $360 I think I got it for from Tower Hobbies for. It's kind of a no brainer and I have been very pleased with my Arrma's ever since. Sure they have some minor issues but I haven't found anything major yet. The only downside to the Senton vs Slash is 4s and 6s versus 2s and 3s. Batteries and chargers add up but if I wouldn't have went Arrma I probably never would have converted my Baja SS to electric!

Update to my builds. I never realized how long it has been since I updated this thread.

All of the ones above are all still pretty much stock except for the Senton 6s which is 100% disassembled for cleaning and rebuilding. Has been for awhile but hopefully soon I can get to rebuilding it.

Since then, I have added a Tekno MT410 and a Tekno STC410.3 for bashers. I won the SCT410.3 from this awesome forum www.teknoforums.com/. If you like Tekno vehicles, I highly suggest you check it out.

I have been more into crawling in the last year and a half and have added the following crawlers:
Axial SCX10.2 - Brushless with Holmes Hobbies revolver and Castle Mamba X and a whole list of upgrades.
Redcat Gen 8 Pack - Brushed and pretty much stock.
Element Enduro Kit - Castle Brushless system with Mamba X, otherwise pretty much stock.
Axial Bomber Kit - Tekin Brushless with Castle Mamba X and 4 wheel steering. My favorite out of all of my crawlers.
Traxxas TRX4 sport kit - Castle Brushless system with Mamba X, otherwise pretty much stock.
Axial Capra Kit - Still in the box and hopefully assembling within the next couple of weeks but will have a Brushless Holmes Hobbies revolver and Castle SW4 ESC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back