My reinforced body methods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Talion
  4. Talion EXB
Tire glue plastic body washer inside an dry wall tape,shoe goo over to help hold. After drys 24 hour ,trim out material to match body holes, should hold up a while. Let you know by spring. Only put washers on rear holes, because they are the problem.

Attachments

• IMG_20170112_052321489.jpg
    IMG_20170112_052321489.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 123
Check out my other body,have dry wall taped,an shoe goo also but with extra strips of lexan under it for extra strength in critical areas. This truck has been rolled, flipped end over,an cartwheeled. Body still holding up. 170 runs in it.
IMG_20170112_053849218.jpg

I know that I am new to RC stuff, but I'm not new to aesthetic work. Might I suggest a light fiber glassing wouldve given you excellent reinforcement and finer details. 12$ for a kit at any auto parts store.

Like I said, I'm new to the RC world. Yall taught me something really cool today. I looked into the process and it seems that goop method is the most popular method in the rc world and is way more flexible than what I've considered flexible fiberglass es and epoxies. All the years I've done fiberglass molding building stereo systems, o can think of a couple applications I could've used that. Thanks dudes. I like learning new stuff.

Thanks Combatjeep, I remember making stereo baffles back in the day for an old Willis jeep. We used automotive Fiberglas as well. Great idea. I recently cracked my sons granite body trying to get away from pesky dogs in the Chrissy fields in San Francisco . The French bullies actually chewed up the fender part of the truck and I had to use shoe goo and old gift cards.

I know that I am new to RC stuff, but I'm not new to aesthetic work. Might I suggest a light fiber glassing wouldve given you excellent reinforcement and finer details. 12$ for a kit at any auto parts store.

Polyester Resin won't properly adhere to plastics.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back