ANOTHER ONE DOWN! - My "revolving door" workbench - Senton 3s, Senton 6s, Baby Infraction, Losi LMT, Losi 22s, Kyosho Fazer MK2, Drift Muscle and more

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grihn

It's small, but it's fierce!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Infraction
  4. Outcast 4s
  5. Senton 6s
  6. Senton 3s
  7. Vendetta
  8. Vorteks
  9. Voltage
First off, they aren't all Arrma's. I've got about 12 projects in the works right now, and that list seems to be growing. They're all in different stages of completion, from almost done to still in the planning phase. Rather than making separate threads for all of them and future builds, I figured I'd just keep them here...easier for me to keep track of that way. With the supply chain the way it is, and with my busy day-to-day, I rotate between them pretty frequently...I rarely work on one from start to finish without working on some others between there. I'm also currently re-locating my workspace in the house because my daughter is old enough to start wanting her own room, so things are a mess and I'm trying not to lose my mind.

First up is my Kyosho Fazer Mk2. This is for a customized race class my buddies and I made. They'll race on a hard-packed dirt oval track and maybe the occasional parking lot track. Rules are Kyosho Mk2, Tamiya TT01/TT02, or Traxxas 4tec 2.0 chassis, 2-3s (decided by track conditions), 60A/4000kv max, stock gearing, and it has to run a vintage car body with Protoform Vintage T/A tires. I built mine off of the Mk2 chassis with a 69 Camaro body. I basically chose this because I have a ton of TT02's already, and I've yet to convince myself to spend money on a Traxxas, even though there are a few I want, and I like the scale look of the body, which saved me from having to buy an aftermarket one.

Kyosho Mk2, Hobbywing Max10 60A ESC with Hobbywing 3652sl 4000kv motor (sensorless), Reefs 400SCv2 servo, Spektrum SR2100 bound to my DX5R. First race was last weekend and it finished 2nd. I had first for a while, but I got a little trigger happy around the corner and spun it. The thing is a beast on 3s, but I can't go full throttle or the driveshaft starts wobbling too much and sounds like it's gonna detonate. I have a bunch of upgrades that need to go in it before the next race that should take care of that issue and improve overall durability.
20220119_135720.jpg

20220119_135752.jpg

20220119_140206.jpg

Today on the workbench is the Baby Infraction. It started off as a brushed Mega...it's currently running Vendetta electronics, Vendetta 50t spur and a 26t pinion. Top speed on 3s has been 66mph...I think it has a bit more in it as it sits, but the last time I ran it I didn't have a very good stretch of road and didn't have the splitter or diffuser on...I've since found a better place for speed runs so I will be seeing if I can break 70 on 3s before I go 4s+ and burn up the electronics, at which point I will see where I want to go from there. Body is a little hacked up right now for fitting...I've got some Powerhobby Grippers and GRP's on the way, so once I get those fitted and see which I like more, I'll smooth up all of the rough cuts.

20220120_102739.jpg

20220120_102747.jpg

20220120_102813.jpg

20220120_102754.jpg

That's awesome! Love the look, been thinking of getting an MK2... Keep posting on it and push me over the edge!
You really should get one, they're a blast to drive. Honestly they're pretty good on stock electronics and 2s Lipo.

Just picked up another Senton 6s from @The_Otherside, because I needed a third one. Not much to do on this one...just a little cleanup and maintenance and replace a few small parts.

20220120_145942.jpg

20220120_145649.jpg

20220120_145808.jpg

Senton 3s on the workbench today. This is a 2wd "Muscle Truck" build that is inspired by David Freiburger's 73 Chevy. Senton 3s chassis, GPM Slash 4x4 shocks to lower it a bit, Have a Proline 78 Chevy body on the way, which will be close enough in design to represent the original truck. Not sure what tires it's gonna run yet, I'll order some GRP's, some Powerhobby Grippers, and some Hoons when it's time and keep what looks best. It's gonna run a Vendetta steel spur and rear diff with steel ring gear, and will for now run the original electronics from my Losi LMT (Spektrum 130a ESC with 3150 motor) because I have it laying around, and we'll see how it runs. I'm not gonna go too overkill with power since it's a 2wd truck, but I want it to have some decent top end, and it'll run a Reefs 300 Alacritous "super fast" servo. I currently have a Vendetta rear diffuser on it. I'm not sure if it'll stay but I'd like to run a rear sway bar, so I'll see how it looks with the body and make a decision from there.

20220121_150217.jpg

OIP.jpg

Finally ready to actually check one off. Kyosho Outlaw Rampage. Hobbywing Max10 with 3300kv motor, Reefs 400:SCv2. I have another set of front offroad lights in the mail, but being that's just an aesthetic, I'm calling this one done! These little 2wd Short Course trucks are a blast to drive! This one is a new race truck that will compete on a dirt/gravel track against mostly 2wd slashes and I believe 1 2wd converted Senton. All trucks have to run the same ESC/Motor combo, 2s limit. I'm pretty confident in this truck, but I really don't know how these tires will hold up (they're usually used on Crawlers), but I had a few sets of them sitting around unused, so I figure I'll give them a try...they might balloon really badly, but I have the factory tires if these don't work out. Although it feels good to call a project complete, I just ordered 4 more projects today and won a 5th in a head-to-head race with my Fazer MK2, so the never-ending queue continues to grow.

20220122_214612.jpg

20220122_215512.jpg

20220122_214620.jpg

First off, they aren't all Arrma's. I've got about 12 projects in the works right now, and that list seems to be growing. They're all in different stages of completion, from almost done to still in the planning phase. Rather than making separate threads for all of them and future builds, I figured I'd just keep them here...easier for me to keep track of that way. With the supply chain the way it is, and with my busy day-to-day, I rotate between them pretty frequently...I rarely work on one from start to finish without working on some others between there. I'm also currently re-locating my workspace in the house because my daughter is old enough to start wanting her own room, so things are a mess and I'm trying not to lose my mind.

First up is my Kyosho Fazer Mk2. This is for a customized race class my buddies and I made. They'll race on a hard-packed dirt oval track and maybe the occasional parking lot track. Rules are Kyosho Mk2, Tamiya TT01/TT02, or Traxxas 4tec 2.0 chassis, 2-3s (decided by track conditions), 60A/4000kv max, stock gearing, and it has to run a vintage car body with Protoform Vintage T/A tires. I built mine off of the Mk2 chassis with a 69 Camaro body. I basically chose this because I have a ton of TT02's already, and I've yet to convince myself to spend money on a Traxxas, even though there are a few I want, and I like the scale look of the body, which saved me from having to buy an aftermarket one.

Kyosho Mk2, Hobbywing Max10 60A ESC with Hobbywing 3652sl 4000kv motor (sensorless), Reefs 400SCv2 servo, Spektrum SR2100 bound to my DX5R. First race was last weekend and it finished 2nd. I had first for a while, but I got a little trigger happy around the corner and spun it. The thing is a beast on 3s, but I can't go full throttle or the driveshaft starts wobbling too much and sounds like it's gonna detonate. I have a bunch of upgrades that need to go in it before the next race that should take care of that issue and improve overall durability.
View attachment 193767
View attachment 193769
View attachment 193768
I have a few of these. Look into the kaniZ center shaft, no wobble whatsoever. I also installed 4 bevel gears in the diffs. I would recommend that as well.

I have a few of these. Look into the kaniZ center shaft, no wobble whatsoever. I also installed 4 bevel gears in the diffs. I would recommend that as well.
Thanks, I found his contact info and sent him an email. I have the Kyosho aluminum upgraded center shaft to install, so I'll probably go ahead and install it and see how it does, but that center shaft looks awesome.

Thanks, I found his contact info and sent him an email. I have the Kyosho aluminum upgraded center shaft to install, so I'll probably go ahead and install it and see how it does, but that center shaft looks awesome.
No problem. Love the FazerMK2 chassis. Sweet build btw.

Some parts came in and I finally got started on my new drift build. This is the first drift car that I'll own. I've raced a few times in the past, but I never really did it enough to get good at it and I've never put the money into a drift car, and now I have the interest to. This is based off of a relatively inexpensive MST FXX chassis. This is the base, all plastic model. One major flaw is the chassis has a lot of flex to it...we'll see how it handles, but the torque of the 9.5 Turn motor worries me a bit, so I may have to upgrade to a carbon bottom chassis at some point.

20220124_195441.jpg

20220124_195509.jpg

20220124_195518.jpg

Ball Diff assembly. A pain in the ass and therapeutic at the same time.
20220124_202514.jpg

20220124_202947.jpg
20220124_204251.jpg
20220124_205239.jpg
20220124_212241.jpg
20220124_202229.jpg
20220124_202234.jpg
20220124_202240.jpg
20220124_212545.jpg
20220124_222950.jpg

Started fitting the body on the 2wd "Muscle Truck" Senton build. Still not completely decided on what I'm going to do for the paint scheme. I ordered an array of colors and will be doing some testing on a junk body.
20220126_012836.jpg

Ground clearance is minimal. I love the look and stance, but even with the stiff springs, I'll have to run it and see how practical it is. I might have to go with some longer shocks or shorter towers. Time will tell.
20220126_134101.jpg

20220126_134056.jpg
20220126_134052.jpg

If you've followed this thread at all, you've probably seen this in the background. Losi 22s drag build. I'm starting off with a roller kit from Losi. The last time I had a no-prep car it was based off of a Slash, but I sold that among some other things when I had a crappy job and wanted to buy an engagement ring. This will be an all-out build...not exactly "no expense spared," but it's definitely not going to be a budget build. I Ditched the factory wheels and tires, as they balloon way too much and aren't sticky at all. Installed ProLine clay compound slicks with ProLine Chain Link fronts on a set of Bombshells limited run gold beadlocks. These beadlocks are awesome because they actually do keep the tire from slipping on the wheel, and you don't have to glue, so I can swap a set of tires onto these wheels in about 10 minutes...and they look awesome to boot. And I have to admit, the fact that they're a limited run is pretty cool to me, as I like my builds to be a little different than everyone elses without being outlandish or requiring me to be overly creative. They tires have a set of Bombshells inner liners since they aren't belted, which will keep them from ballooning. I also installed a larger ESC tray so I can support the Castle Mamba X 8s ESC that will be necessary to spin the 2.0 Turn Trinity Holeshot motor fast enough on 2s to dominate the 132ft track. I'm waiting on a few sets of TLR G3 shocks to replace the crappy factory shocks, as well as set that will go on a Morbo Super 10 carbon fiber wheelie bar, but they're all on backorder. Running a Reefs 300 Alacitous "Super Fast" servo. This car really doesn't need a fancy servo at all since it won't do much turning, but I had this one sitting around and don't have anything for it to go into, so it'll suit this build fine, and being that it's a pretty low-torque servo, this is a good build for it to find a home. This is arguably the build I'm currently most excited about, as it will be my most competitive race car, and if I do my part, I'll actually win cash prizes with it. The build is only half the effort though, as there will be a massive amount of suspension, slipper, and ESC tuning in the future to really make this thing dominate.

20220126_151029.jpg

20220126_151038.jpg

20220126_151902.jpg
20220126_151906.jpg
20220126_153952.jpg

Progress on "Drift Muscle." Electronics mounted, calibrated and functional. I had to order a longer sensor wire, so I'm waiting on that, and decide what body to use. I've got a ProtoFORM AMC Javelin body that I'm thinking I might use. I was going to build another VTA car with it, but I decided to do a '67 Corvette instead, so the AMC body is extra. I'm also waiting on a few new batteries...this car will only be run on 2s, and I don't have any shorty 2s batteries, so I've got some in transit.

20220126_234005.jpg
20220126_234011.jpg

Drift Muscle is done. For now it's fitted with a '68 Camaro body from ProtoFORM. It will get the Javelin body at some point, because this body's wheelbase is 5mm too short, but it will be a good "test and tune" body while I learn how to drift race.

20220127_133752.jpg

Progress on the 22s No Prep drag build. 69 Nova body measured and mounted. Spaz Stix chameleon paint. I used the Dynamite EZ Post marking kit to locate the body because it was painted before measuring (https://www.rcdriver.com/mount-a-body-with-dynamites-ez-body-post-marker-set/). This kit is magic and makes it super easy. I've got another "indestructible" black body on the way that will be used during test and tune and practice runs when the car is most likely to flip or hit something, and 2 other Nova bodies that @Ajag is gonna do up with some fancy airbrush work.
20220127_195949.jpg
20220127_195931.jpg
20220127_195944.jpg

Last edited:
Finally ready to actually check one off. Kyosho Outlaw Rampage. Hobbywing Max10 with 3300kv motor, Reefs 400:SCv2. I have another set of front offroad lights in the mail, but being that's just an aesthetic, I'm calling this one done! These little 2wd Short Course trucks are a blast to drive! This one is a new race truck that will compete on a dirt/gravel track against mostly 2wd slashes and I believe 1 2wd converted Senton. All trucks have to run the same ESC/Motor combo, 2s limit. I'm pretty confident in this truck, but I really don't know how these tires will hold up (they're usually used on Crawlers), but I had a few sets of them sitting around unused, so I figure I'll give them a try...they might balloon really badly, but I have the factory tires if these don't work out. Although it feels good to call a project complete, I just ordered 4 more projects today and won a 5th in a head-to-head race with my Fazer MK2, so the never-ending queue continues to grow.

View attachment 194585
View attachment 194583
View attachment 194584
I'm late to the party on this thread, but what is this body? Absolutely gorgeous, may have to get one for my Senton 6S to preserve the OG body

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back