Mojave My ripped off Mojavatoncast/Long road to the Mojave

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt05

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Outcast EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
Just want to say up front, a few months ago I stumbled upon 3 Sons RC hybrid 1/7 Outcast build and immediately fell in love with the idea. The wheels started to spin as I thought of the best way to build my own. A few weeks later the Kraton 6s exb and the parts gathering process begun.

Parts list
Kraton 6s EXB donor
Max 6
Rocket Surpass 1580kv
M2C Mojave chassis
M2C Kraton shock towers
M2C Shock stand offs
M2C Rear tower brace
M2C Center Driveshafts
Outcast 8s EXB body
Just Bash It 20mm hex extenders
8s Backflips
9imod 45kg servo
8s wing and wheelie mount
Hot racing servo horn
Dumbo RC X6

Still waiting for
18t and 19t pinions
M2c center driveshafts
Pps motor mount
Center tower to tower brace

Over the long Minnesota winter, I will tear it back down, go through the diffs, deanodize some parts and really try to make it pretty. Still need to pick some bumpers for it, maybe Hot Racing bulkheads, etc etc.

7F4DF9D7-26F3-40B0-979E-B4BFAEECCC5D.jpeg

0D5B4D6B-119A-4332-AE9D-3521C4820DC0.jpeg
8CAE277F-7137-4E91-A646-BD49E91408F1.jpeg

41FD7B72-6D8D-412E-9CE5-5E127BDCE7B7.jpeg

Next to my XMaxx
141EDBEA-06C8-4E6D-AFE7-27957AC50034.jpeg

And next to my 8s Kraton (build to come)
32B89353-3291-4F2E-BC0B-3C568259BDF3.jpeg

Just want to say up front, a few months ago I stumbled upon 3 Sons RC hybrid 1/7 Outcast build and immediately fell in love with the idea. The wheels started to spin as I thought of the best way to build my own. A few weeks later the Kraton 6s exb and the parts gathering process begun.

Parts list
Kraton 6s EXB donor
Max 6
Rocket Surpass 1580kv
M2C Mojave chassis
M2C Kraton shock towers
M2C Shock stand offs
M2C Rear tower brace
M2C Center Driveshafts
Outcast 8s EXB body
8s Backflips
9imod 45kg servo
Hot racing servo horn
Dumbo RC X6

Still waiting for
18t and 19t pinions
M2c center driveshafts
Pps motor mount

Over the long Minnesota winter, I will tear it back down, go through the diffs, deanodize some parts and really try to make it pretty. Still need to pick some bumpers for it, maybe Hot Racing bulkheads, etc etc.

View attachment 187382
View attachment 187383View attachment 187384
View attachment 187381

Next to my XMaxx
View attachment 187385

View attachment 187386
Really very nice! Esp those black bodies. Sick af!!

Last edited:
Sick build 🤘 have to imagine those diffs are screaming in terror of those tires lol. But it looks great I love it
Definitely going to be a test for the diffs. Arrma may well get their money out of me with this one.

The while rig is right! But esp those black bodies. Sick af
Thanks brother! The black body Arrmas are definitely some of my favorite looking rigs.

Unfortunately my center driveshafts from M2C did not make it this week so I couldn’t properly give it a test run, but my pinions did so I was able to spin it around the house a little to see how it looked. My wife unfortunately has had to work the last two days so with the alone time I decided to try and make my own front and rear bumpers.

1F67D289-2CC9-4AEF-8D56-B7877C356223.jpeg

F726645F-DB5E-44B4-BBE1-6261AFF8A296.jpeg

CD873DA8-E5BD-4D17-A079-61EA88CDA354.jpeg

DCD78BF3-4806-4557-ACD2-016A84D0E6C2.jpeg

26C9A177-AA8F-463F-97F4-BFA528E1B334.jpeg

A8536BFC-1F55-4078-B0A0-D0C2047875E9.jpeg

Off to a pretty good start, but it felt like it needed a little something so back to the drawing board.
D371AC69-0F40-4AC2-A8EB-5D073AF2ADDF.jpeg

B8FC5EEB-6914-45BE-AA9F-2B6020C5C974.jpeg

Better but I still feel like it needs a little more “hey look at me”. Further down the line I will probably look into adding some lights and maybe a bull bar or prerunner type hoop. Make it feel a little more Walker Texas Ranger.

I did the front first and then with the back decided to get a little more complex. Back won’t be seen nearly as easily as the front so I figured if it looked a little weird oh well. This is my second attempt at the rear bumper, I had one all made that I actually liked better and then like an idiot drilled the holes to big.

5E20247A-6B84-44FD-8513-269F60172FC0.jpeg

2F60E765-D5F5-4D22-BD48-73B0958C182E.jpeg

2492AE03-AE16-4F9D-BC0C-9A11C15BA78C.jpeg

EE287974-6340-4552-9624-955F53E6BB68.jpeg

Over all fun little weekend project. Hopefully they hold up to some bashing, otherwise I have plenty of left over HDPE to make revisions. Didn’t take as many pictures as I would have liked during the process but it was actually quite simple. I used 1/4” Hdpe that I picked up from Menards. Made a template from cardboard, transfer said template to Hdpe, cut out with jigsaw and then heat and bend.

Last edited:
Where in MN are ya? I’m in lakeville, if your close to the cities we should get together for a bash when it warms up.

I’m in Blue Earth right on i90 and 169. I actually remodeled the HyVee in Lakeville last spring. I’ve been meaning to try and make it up towards the cities to try to find some skate parks and cool bash spots. Nothing but cornfields down here brother.

Nice! Like I said, when it warms up we should get together. There’s a bmx track (big jumps) with a skate park right next to it in Eagan that we usually hit up. And they actually just built a small 1/10th ish rc track there too. Kinda sandy/slippy tho.
Otherwise I’m always finding rad construction sites to send it.

Oh.. I’ve got a MEGA ramp too! 😎

Really very nice! Esp those black bodies. Sick af!!
I like em so much I bought a stock orange body from Jenny's, did the shoo goo treatment with drywall tape, and have kept the BLACK EXB body PRISTINE for the shelf time...... yeah, it's silly, but its just a 'thing' for me....
Nice! Like I said, when it warms up we should get together. There’s a bmx track (big jumps) with a skate park right next to it in Eagan that we usually hit up. And they actually just built a small 1/10th ish rc track there too. Kinda sandy/slippy tho.
Otherwise I’m always finding rad construction sites to send it.

Oh.. I’ve got a MEGA ramp too! 😎
When it warms up......... that gives you what.... 8 weeks a year ??? (I had to say it....sorry bro!)
Definitely going to be a test for the diffs. Arrma may well get their money out of me with this one.

Thanks brother! The black body Arrmas are definitely some of my favorite looking rigs.

Unfortunately my center driveshafts from M2C did not make it this week so I couldn’t properly give it a test run, but my pinions did so I was able to spin it around the house a little to see how it looked. My wife unfortunately has had to work the last two days so with the alone time I decided to try and make my own front and rear bumpers.

View attachment 188552
View attachment 188553
View attachment 188554
View attachment 188555
View attachment 188556
View attachment 188557

Off to a pretty good start, but it felt like it needed a little something so back to the drawing board.
View attachment 188558
View attachment 188559

Better but I still feel like it needs a little more “hey look at me”. Further down the line I will probably look into adding some lights and maybe a bull bar or prerunner type hoop. Make it feel a little more Walker Texas Ranger.

I did the front first and then with the back decided to get a little more complex. Back won’t be seen nearly as easily as the front so I figured if it looked a little weird oh well. This is my second attempt at the rear bumper, I had one all made that I actually liked better and then like an idiot drilled the holes to big.

View attachment 188560
View attachment 188561
View attachment 188562
View attachment 188563

Over all fun little weekend project. Hopefully they hold up to some bashing, otherwise I have plenty of left over HDPE to make revisions. Didn’t take as many pictures as I would have liked during the process but it was actually quite simple. I used 1/4” Hdpe that I picked up from Menards. Made a template from cardboard, transfer said template to Hdpe, cut out with jigsaw and then heat and bend.
Nice ! Especially the bumper mods !

I like em so much I bought a stock orange body from Jenny's, did the shoo goo treatment with drywall tape, and have kept the BLACK EXB body PRISTINE for the shelf time...... yeah, it's silly, but its just a 'thing' for me....

When it warms up......... that gives you what.... 8 weeks a year ??? (I had to say it....sorry bro!)

Nice ! Especially the bumper mods !
Don't blame you 1 bit bud 👍

It’s closer to 12 nice weeks a year.

Waiting for parts this project has kind of hit the back burner. In the meantime I rebuilt my Maxx with the longer chassis, and started the process of building my exb K8S.

My m2c center driveshafts did show up, so I will probably tackle rebuilding all three diffs tomorrow with different fluids, and maybe remove the anodizing from some parts. Can’t decide if I want to get a PPS motor mount right away, or leave it for a later upgrade.

It’s closer to 12 nice weeks a year.

Waiting for parts this project has kind of hit the back burner. In the meantime I rebuilt my Maxx with the longer chassis, and started the process of building my exb K8S.

My m2c center driveshafts did show up, so I will probably tackle rebuilding all three diffs tomorrow with different fluids, and maybe remove the anodizing from some parts. Can’t decide if I want to get a PPS motor mount right away, or leave it for a later upgrade.
yeah I lived in Alexandria MN for 7years, including 7 winters. Never forget hanging off the back of a garbage truck on a day where it was 17 below zero

for a high temperature that day...... thats as warm as it got that day

Cold Weather GIF by SYFY

Im going to chance stock EXB parts for now, but I do have a list of upgrade parts to replace what breaks, as it breaks.

At the moment I’m leaning towards leaving the stock motor mount, if winter drags on too long and I get bored, I’ll make the switch to a PPS. I did manage to rebuild the front and rear diffs today, in the process of rebuilding the center diff as we speak.

Got all three rebuilt. Went with 30k, 300k, 20k and the full lsd effect. Kind of wish I would have swapped to aluminum cases right away, but I will probably be tearing into these again soon once these tires have their ways with them.

Here’s a picture cause everyone likes those.
42621AE3-495E-4BDB-9C4C-6A4C4A79A6EE.jpeg

It’s ready to run at this point. I’d like to strip and polish a few more things, but I’ve still got time. I need to set the suspension angles a bit, but hopefully today I can take it out for a quick blast.

675FCBDC-7770-4BB4-BD10-F79D84B074B6.jpeg

B878BC8A-B468-4A94-A836-A138BEAE0179.jpeg

963DF1E2-96E4-4CDE-8BBA-E8C5594CB02D.jpeg

Charged up a 6s pack and gave it a quick 5-10 minutes in the backyard. Tons of power with the 18 tooth pinion, once I learn to handle it, it might be the perfect amount. Got a little bit warm (didn’t bring my temp gun out with me) so I quick rigged up some fans with one pushing and one pulling. Going to give it another run, but I’m guessing once it is 70-95 outside instead of the current 45 degrees it will need a permanent motor fan set up and probably a gearing change.

B694DD11-C790-420B-B970-D9B0F744CA6E.jpeg

Parts list
Kraton 6s EXB donor
Max 6
Rocket Surpass 1580kv
M2C Mojave chassis
M2C Kraton shock towers
M2C Shock stand offs
M2C Rear tower brace
M2C Center Driveshafts
Outcast 8s EXB body
8s Backflips
9imod 45kg servo
Hot racing servo horn
Dumbo RC X6

Still waiting for
18t and 19t pinions
M2c center driveshafts
Pps motor mount

View attachment 187382
View attachment 187383View attachment 187384
View attachment 187381

Next to my XMaxx
View attachment 187385

View attachment 187386
Very Nice build. (y)
I noticed no T2T???:unsure:
I think the XLWB chassis needs it.
JennysRC has them for cheap.
I put a CF tube/sleeved over mine. Even stronger. All my rigs.

Very Nice build. (y)
I noticed no T2T???:unsure:
I think the XLWB chassis needs it.
JennysRC has them for cheap.
I put a CF tube/sleeved over mine. Even stronger. All my rigs.

I’ve been back and forth on it, but haven’t ever gotten a clear yes or no if it should have it. I will probably just order one and run it.

Ran it for another 10 minutes and even with the fans it is hitting 140* so I will have to order a permanent fan set up for it and play with the gearing a bit more. I’m pretty happy with it so far though. It’s right around 3/4” narrower than my Xmaxx, but about 2 1/2” shorter, so it is definitely a handful. I should throw it on a scale and compare it to my Xmaxx and my 8s Kraton.

Very impressive build .(y)
I just fear that the XLWB chassis is so long that it could taco easily without a T2T.
The stocker Mojave body weighs a ton and a half. Using the lighter body is a great advantage.

Last edited:
Very impressive build .(y)
I just fear that the XLWB chassis is so long that it could taco easily without a T2T.
The stocker Mojave body weighs a ton and a half. Using the lighter body is a great advantage.

What size carbon fiber are you using to cover ? What I have for my 8s looks a little too big.

CF tubes for the 8S rig braces are larger.
The 1/8-1/7 scale Arrma T2T's all fit inside 10mm CF I.D tubes. (12mm 0.D)
500mm length tubes can be cut to size matching the Stocker Brace Length.
Think AMZ.

Without the CF sleeves, I was bending/tweaking them with hard impacts. Now they never bend or get tweaked. Every rig I did this to.
Many use the upgrade Solid CF Rod Brace like Basherqueen's. Comes with the HR alloy ball ends complete. Probably lighter....Just costs more money.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back