My savox servo went bad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PshmokN’EM887

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
I put a brand new savox in my new kraton, it’s been running two weeks tops and it just stopped working,well started twitching first then stopped.
what is a good servo for it, im getting store credit so I’m going to upgrade niceeeee lol thanks for the help.

image.jpg

Savox are really good servos...any brand will have a certain failure rate. I'd bet you just got unlucky. That said, I use Reefs in pretty much everything. I've got about 20 of them and have not had any fail.

Savox are really good servos...any brand will have a certain failure rate. I'd bet you just got unlucky. That said, I use Reefs in pretty much everything. I've got about 20 of them and have not had any fail.
Yeah I’m surprised but I’ve been running in the snow a lot can that be it ? Anyways how much do they go for ? And what type of torque am I looking for do you have a model ?

I mean it could, but as far as I know they're supposed to be waterproof. For a Kraton, I'd choose either a 400SC or a Triple4. The 400SC is going to be a high-torque, high-speed servo. The Triple4 is a High Torque servo with a slightly slower speed, but has quite a bit more torque capability. I run 400sc's in pretty much everything except my crawlers and they servo (haha, see what I did there) me very well. The 400sc is about $130. If you want to stick closer the the $100 mark, the 422HD is good. Slower than the 400sc, but still makes good torque and is by no means a "slow" servo. Of those models, the 422HD is the closest in comparison to the Savox you ran...almost identical in torque and speed. The 400sc is faster, and the Triple4 is higher torque. All Reefs servos are waterproof.

I mean it could, but as far as I know they're supposed to be waterproof. For a Kraton, I'd choose either a 400SC or a Triple4. The 400SC is going to be a high-torque, high-speed servo. The Triple4 is a High Torque servo with a slightly slower speed, but has quite a bit more torque capability. I run 400sc's in pretty much everything except my crawlers and they servo (haha, see what I did there) me very well. The 400sc is about $130. If you want to stick closer the the $100 mark, the 422HD is good. Slower than the 400sc, but still makes good torque and is by no means a "slow" servo. All Reefs servos are waterproof.
Haha Cool man I’m running same as you since you said about 20 and never any issues thanks 🙏

Haha Cool man I’m running same as you since you said about 20 and never any issues thanks 🙏
Yep...one more point of clarity, when I say they're all "waterproof," that means under normal conditions. The 400sc for example is "water resistant" like a watch...it won't get ruined by snow or rain, but shouldn't be completely deliberately submerged. If you want the security of a completely waterproof servo, go with the 422HD...it's submersible.

I think I found the reef sc400 what do you think of the protek

View attachment 192313

View attachment 192314
I've never run a ProTek servo so I don't have any personal experience with them, but they appear to get good reviews. If it's me buying it, I'd go with the Reefs, just because that's what I have a lot of experience with and they haven't let me down (and I like that they're programmable, though I only do that with my Touring cars and Crawlers). But, I don't think I'd be afraid of the ProTek, from what I'm seeing anyway.

You buy their programming cable...I think it's another $20ish. You can then hook it up to your computer and download their software (you need Windows I believe) and set certain parameters. This guy has a really good video explaining it (not my video). It's useful to me, especially in my crawlers and race cars...I don't bother with my bashers, most of the settings are "fine-tune" settings and won't be beneficial to bashing.

Ouch, a Bricked 1270 Sav. ( $100)
Savox sucks IMHO. Been there. No more for me. Wasted too much $$. 2 1210's were crap out the box and Savox screwed me over on the Warranty. New that they were and all. Savox kept them for so long, so the vendor would not take a return on them. Savox sent same both back, said they were ok???? Not. Twitchy and hard to center new out the box. Tested them on my Servo testor and another radio and all. They were simply expensive defects. Bad Potentiometers IMO. And these were amp hogs. What a loss. No more Savox for me. Especially at the price point. I do have a Sav. 1230sg in my Tekno that is flawless. But I am just gilted with Savox now.:mad:

I run DS3235 35 kg servos now across all my 6s rigs. Oldest is over 2 years old. At AMZ. None have failed me yet. If one does, cheap to replace and keep moving.
They are just fine for bashing. Servos are consumables . I always have a spare on hand. These are cheap enough if they last for a year or two depending how hard you are.
>>>I hope you are setting the Radio Endpoints correctly. If not, you WILL brick most Any servo in there.
:cool:

Last edited:
Ouch, a Bricked 1270 Sav. ( $100)
Savox sucks IMHO. Been there. No more for me. Wasted too much $$. 2 1210's were crap out the box and Savox screwed me over on the Warranty. New that they were and all. Savox kept them for so long, so the vendor would not take a return on them. Savox sent same both back, said they were ok???? Not. Twitchy and hard to center new out the box. Tested them on my Servo testor and another radio and all. They were simply expensive defects. What a loss. No more Savox for me. Especially at the price point.

I run DS3235 35 kg servos now across all my 6s rigs. Oldest is over 2 years old. At AMZ. None have failed me yet. If one does, cheap to replace and keep moving.
They are just fine for bashing. Servos are consumables . I always have a spare on hand. These are cheap enough if they last for a year or two depending how hard you are.
>>>I hope you are setting the Radio Endpoints correctly. If not, you WILL brick most Any servo in there.
:cool:
Oh no how im
Not how do I set my end points?

^^^ +1.

You have 4 6s rigs?
Never set the St. endpoints before?
Hmm.....:whistle:
No I center them but I didn’t know anything about that 6s 8s rigs no wonder my servos go I thought it was because I needed a better one 😓

No I center them but I didn’t know anything about that 6s 8s rigs no wonder my servos go I thought it was because I needed a better one 😓
"Ready to run" is a loose term, lol.

I couldn't ever get myself to pay over 50$ for a servo.i run 30-40$ hobbystar servos.never broke one...they've been throu more than most servos will ever take.high-speed crashs that broke ,bent chassis damn near in half.8.4volts 440+oz/ ,under .010 sec for under 50$

I couldn't ever get myself to pay over 50$ for a servo.i run 30-40$ hobbystar servos.never broke one...they've been throu more than most servos will ever take.high-speed crashs that broke ,bent chassis damn near in half.8.4volts 440+oz/ ,under .010 sec for under 50$
What link please! Do you have to set end point on it ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back