My savox servo went bad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220112-174125_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220112-174125_Chrome.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20220112-174117_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220112-174117_Chrome.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 37
No I center them but I didn’t know anything about that 6s 8s rigs no wonder my servos go I thought it was because I needed a better one 😓
Not setting your end points will damage the servo prematurely. The other thing is the Savox servo you have there isn't water proof. I use Savox in a couple of my boats and in my 1/5scale BAJA. I've had good luck so far.

What link please! Do you have to set end point on it ?
You have to set steering endpoints on every single servo, no matter what the brand.

Can't believe you never set the endpoints. If you bothered to look thru the manual at all setting steering endpoints is in the set up procedure. One of the first things there.

..and I loose sleep if I spend more than $20 on a servo :ROFLMAO:
;) DS cheapos all the way.

You will kill any servo if you do not set the endpoints, no matter what you buy. That is RC 101 knowledge that you've learned the hard way.

Protek is top shelve.

Not setting your end points will damage the servo prematurely. The other thing is the Savox servo you have there isn't water proof. I use Savox in a couple of my boats and in my 1/5scale BAJA. I've had good luck so far.
Oh bashing in the snow didn’t help!
@ABabyEater Your time to shine on these protek servos!
Please tell me is good news lol
Trying a new one here!! Evo P2, seems pretty legit so far but it's brand new so time will be the test!!🤙

View attachment 192332
Nice looks good waterproof?

You will kill any servo if you do not set the endpoints, no matter what you buy. That is RC 101 knowledge that you've learned the hard way.

Protek is top shelve.
So go with protek I’m getting store creator so I’m only paying like 40 bucks for the protek what do you think?

Protek is top shelve.
I try setting the end points earlier I got the blu light on my transmitter but it did not move when trying to adjust and video will help .
Oh bashing in the snow didn’t help!

Please tell me is good news lol

Nice looks good waterproof?

So go with protek I’m getting store creator so I’m only paying like 40 bucks for the protek what do you think?

I try setting the end points earlier I got the blu light on my transmitter but it did not move when trying to adjust and video will help .
I’m running infraction stock transmitter and receiver
Trying a new one here!! Evo P2, seems pretty legit so far but it's brand new so time will be the test!!🤙

View attachment 192332
Amain doesn’t carry that brand of servo that’s where my store credit is any recommendations besides that one?
Never set the end points huh.. well now we know!!😎
Lol dude I didn’t even know that was a thing mind you I just hits a year in the hobby all my on road cars yeah a few stock servos went bad I have the same savox in my infraction no issues so it never occurred to me about this epa thing🤦‍♂️
Really I though they’re all water resistant at least so wrong in so many ways .

Last edited:
I think I found the reef sc400 what do you think of the protek

View attachment 192313

View attachment 192314

@ABabyEater Your time to shine on these protek servos!

Protek is top shelve.

Protek makes absolutely fantastic servos, and the 170TBL is easily my favorite servo for the 1/8 scale bashers, but is also good enough to race with. From all my research and review I continually see people upset that their Savox, which is supposed to be a good company, has died and they are utterly disappointed.

From everything I can gather, looking at long term review, the Proteks hold their performance better than the Savox, cost roughly the same, and ultimately fail less frequently when setup correctly. Speaking of performance... the Protek servos have incredible speed and torque on the high end (I haven't tried their cheap ones), and consistently and quickly recenter, and hold it very strongly.

I have had so many Amazon cheapo servos fail, either instantly, or gradually, that I could have put a Protek in a few of my rigs and saved money in the long run. Additionally, the quality control on the cheapos is so non-existant that I very VERY much doubt that they are within even 50% of their advertised torque or speed rating. They simply aren't worth continually replacing in my eyes.

Protek makes absolutely fantastic servos, and the 170TBL is easily my favorite servo for the 1/8 scale bashers, but is also good enough to race with. From all my research and review I continually see people upset that their Savox, which is supposed to be a good company, has died and they are utterly disappointed.

From everything I can gather, looking at long term review, the Proteks hold their performance better than the Savox, cost roughly the same, and ultimately fail less frequently when setup correctly. Speaking of performance... the Protek servos have incredible speed and torque on the high end (I haven't tried their cheap ones), and consistently and quickly recenter, and hold it very strongly.

I have had so many Amazon cheapo servos fail, either instantly, or gradually, that I could have put a Protek in a few of my rigs and saved money in the long run. Additionally, the quality control on the cheapos is so non-existant that I very VERY much doubt that they are within even 50% of their advertised torque or speed rating. They simply aren't worth continually replacing in my eyes.
Ok cool so the 170 the one in the picture you recommend for the krat exb ?
There it is!:ROFLMAO: Thank you
And thank you a all pro answer right there !

Ok cool so the 170 the one in the picture you recommend for the krat exb ?

And thank you a all pro answer right there !
If you are running any wheels and tires larger and heavier than the stock ones (like Trenchers, MX38s, etc,) Yes, I'd go with the 170TBL, if you are keeping the stock tires or going smaller (Stock Copperhead 2, Katar T Belted, etc.) I would go with the 170SBL. Basically, the TBL for more power, the SBL for more speed. Both will be plenty fast and plenty strong, it is more of a specialization than a requirement.

Buy a Promodeler servo and you won’t have to buy another one. I know people like telling themselves that every servo brand has a certain percentage of failures but that’s only because they’ve yet to see the light 💡 😀
1E25F663-24ED-4B20-9C58-3707A22495FA.jpeg

https://www.promodeler.com/brushless-servos.aspx

If you are running any wheels and tires larger and heavier than the stock ones (like Trenchers, MX38s, etc,) Yes, I'd go with the 170TBL, if you are keeping the stock tires or going smaller (Stock Copperhead 2, Katar T Belted, etc.) I would go with the 170SBL. Basically, the TBL for more power, the SBL for more speed. Both will be plenty fast and plenty strong, it is more of a specialization than a requirement.
Ok good to know honestly I knew there had to be a change in servo quality ,I like big tires so I’m going with 170tbl thanks for the help 🙏
Lmaoo

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back