Senton My Senton 3s V3 BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danji

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
My Senton brings a smile to my face each time i take it out for a blast but thats quickly wiped off my face once it get it home to clean it.

The fun part
20220422_194923.jpg

The bad part
20220501_125011.jpg

So ive decided to try and improve the senton on a budget. Picked up a few bits and bobs so far on the cheap.

An Aliexpress dirty cheap bodyshell that will fit with a few mods. The stock Senton body mounts are too wide for the front end of the new bodyshell.

Planning on keeping it as stock as possible i knew i needed the big rock body mounts as soon as i tried out the shell on the body. Do have the big rock side guards coming for it. Think the body looks good on the standard Senton Bumpers so will only look at changing them if and when i break them. I do have a set of Ragnarok mt's and a set of Fastrax SC Stingers. And on the subject of the tires have both the 12mm hex and 17mm hex adaptors. As this is on a budget theres plenty of tire options for both the 12mm and 17mm Hex on aliexpress which i will look at in more detail as i ruin/shred the tires that i already have.

don't really know what i want to make it a street basher or an off road basher as yet. The few places around me that i go to are mostly grass parks or ash parks don't get to run it on tarmac as such as haven't found a decent place to do so but that may change as i venture out and about more. I do really enjoy the senton on the grass/ash parks but don't enjoy the clean up afterwards and hopefully these upgrades will help reducing the cleaning up after having it out for a blast. I know i need to drop the pinion size if i go up wheel/tyre size but if i go down do i still need to change the pinion size? Is there anything else ive not considered yet that i need in doing these mods? Any advice or comments are welcomed seeing as im completely new to this sort of thing.

20220422_175354.jpg

20220501_125040.jpg

20220501_125420.jpg

20220501_125434.jpg

20220501_125458.jpg

20220501_125528.jpg

20220501_132425.jpg

I was thinking of doing the same thing!

Had the car out for a wee blast at the weekend and managed somehow to do this
20220506_181103.jpg

Luckily the weathers not been good the last few days so managed to get a new one deleivered and also a few other goodies.
20220506_181001.jpg

Going to put the shorter of the shocks on the back of the senton to see if it helps stops it from wanting to wheelie at almost every oportunity and if that doesn't work im gonna stick the larger size on the rear.
20220506_174910.jpg

But wasted money on this as it doesn't have an internal battery unless theres a genius out there that knows how i can wire it up so it will run when ive got the car on?
20220506_174941.jpg

Had the same issue b4 with center ds, most Likely that Little Rock wedged by heat sink got you.

Scorched fenders are a great addition, or even a dust cover/hair net.

Got 2 bundles of stuff in the post today woohoo. Finally got the big rock side guards woot woot.

So have ended up with this now. Its not perfect but its my first attempt at making a bodyshell thats not meant to fit , fit kind of lol
20220507_200759.jpg

20220507_200819.jpg

Ive put velcro on the side guards and the body just to keep them tight together but i doubt it will hold once shes up to speed outside but for my first attempt im chuffed to bits with it. Cant fit the shocks as i don't have the small insert for the top of them and not trashing my stock ones to get them on so will need to find something online to fit them.

Got 2 bundles of stuff in the post today woohoo. Finally got the big rock side guards woot woot.

So have ended up with this now. Its not perfect but its my first attempt at making a bodyshell thats not meant to fit , fit kind of lol
View attachment 216147
View attachment 216148

Ive put velcro on the side guards and the body just to keep them tight together but i doubt it will hold once shes up to speed outside but for my first attempt im chuffed to bits with it. Cant fit the shocks as i don't have the small insert for the top of them and not trashing my stock ones to get them on so will need to find something online to fit them.
Looks very cool!

Took her out for a quick blast this evening seeing today i had new batteries arrive and i was itching to test them out. The body has certainly reduced the wheelies and the crap inside the chassis isnt anywhere near as bad as it was with the stock body but now i have another issue with it lol. When i give her the full beans its seems to want to pull to the left, tried adjusting the steering but its not helping much. Im thinking theres something broken ive missed on it or when ive been cleaning it ive put the steering link back on the servo hasnt been centered properly. Gonna post the video of the run around on my youtube channel My Channel and will take it to bits again tomorrow night before taking it out for a good blast again at the weekend when hopefully the weather is less windy and not so bloody damp. Might even get some footage of it getting some air and try and get it speed tested to see if its any closer to the magic 50mph.

20220511_224113.jpg

20220511_224351.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back