My senton will not move motor makes weird noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for all your help mongoose. so the motor was shot and I did strip a tooth. both both motor and wheel and replaced them both. thank you for your help. So I now want to raise the body and then increase the speed. is there any sites in particular you like to purchase from?

No problem at all, I'm glad I could help. Are they covering any of it under warranty?

I'm still relatively new too but I try to buy from my LHS first because their prices always match online...not sure how they do it. Plus, it's a good group of guys, it's called Hobby Villa in Erlanger Ky if you are familiar with the area. If I don't go through them then it's Tower Hobbies since I'm a member but their stock is low right now. I've ordered from Amain Hobby's without issue but it's been through Amazon.

If you want to get some serious power out of it you can check out Magesty's build....I think he may be a wizard or something because his Granite is insane. I believe the Senton 4x4 and Granite 4x4 are the same minus tires and body but the rest is almost identical as far as drivetrain.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/arrma-granite-4x4-6s-blx.5556/

If you are looking for more speed the last thing you want to do is raise the body.

i was thinking about that so basically if anything take away some spacers off the shocks and lower it. slick could you recommend me what the type of motors I should be looking at. I want speed first

I also want to find what batteries are better then others the ones I have currently run on 20 minutes max. is that typicall???

Are you running he stocker that comes with it? The 8.4V 2400mah nimh? If so I'd say you are doing good at 20 minutes as I get maybe a good 13-15 on my Granite....I'm switching to a 5000mah 40c 2s lipo....I hear you can get 30 minutes out of that.

Are you running he stocker that comes with it? The 8.4V 2400mah nimh? If so I'd say you are doing good at 20 minutes as I get maybe a good 13-15 on my Granite....I'm switching to a 5000mah 40c 2s lipo....I hear you can get 30 minutes out of that.
What’s the difference between Lipo and nickel

They are different battery chemistrys. Think of it like this, NiMh = 87 octane gas and Lipo = rocket fuel. The lipo batteries require more care when storing and charging and will also require a new charger if the only one you have is the one that came with the truck.

so i got the motor out, nothing is stripped but the pinion gear won't turn, its stiff, I can't move it.. thoughts?

No problem at all, I'm glad I could help. Are they covering any of it under warranty?

I'm still relatively new too but I try to buy from my LHS first because their prices always match online...not sure how they do it. Plus, it's a good group of guys, it's called Hobby Villa in Erlanger Ky if you are familiar with the area. If I don't go through them then it's Tower Hobbies since I'm a member but their stock is low right now. I've ordered from Amain Hobby's without issue but it's been through Amazon.
Horizon hobby is the place to call if you need to send the vehicle in, but my local hobbytown already warranted out my typhon servo the 2nd day and put it in free. Now my typhon is whining with no movement. May have to sen mine in for a new one if possible or them repair it.. All road runs too. I hate to say it and do like the vehicles but have had more problems with my notorious 6sBLX and typhon 3sblx in 2 months than I have with my traxxas in a whole year.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back