My Shocks on my Granite!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenblazer318

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Last edited:
How have they treated you? I just upgraded to brushless and big bashing, and blew up my rear shocks! Now need to upgrade.

How have they treated you? I just upgraded to brushless and big bashing, and blew up my rear shocks! Now need to upgrade.
They work great and they are still on granite now,one front shock did not survive a 3s 90mph or so crash though and either the front or back ones I had to grind down the lower eyelit, must of been the front ones!

90 mph Granite on 3s ?
Yeah I never go over 2s now does about 70mph with my castle 4200kv and sidewinder3 and Smc 7200mah 60c 2s and pretty much in the wrong hands it's too fast!
Yeah I never go over 2s now does about 70mph with my castle 4200kv and sidewinder3 and Smc 7200mah 60c 2s and pretty much in the wrong hands it's too fast!
Oh and smoked a Kraton 6s while I was running 2s so, Castle or don't even buy it!

Last edited:

Oh and smoked a Kraton 6s while I was running 2s so, Castle or don't even buy it!
Ok!

I'm not sure but it look's like we have a non believer! I could be wrong and if I am im sorry BUT THAT SOUNDED ALITTLE LIKE YEAH RIGHT! Either way
I'm not sure but it look's like we have a non believer! I could be wrong and if I am im sorry BUT THAT SOUNDED ALITTLE LIKE YEAH RIGHT! Either way
Well I guess it could of been a Damn my bad!

What pinion you running? I wanna see vids of this 90 mph granite. What tires are you running?
I think I have a 21t pinion, with a HR 54t steel spur which is same as stock tooth,the tires are stock up front, with pro- line Mashers in the rear which ballooned to about 12 inches did a wheelie lost control and thus finally blowing a front shock. So I will not run 3s again and that was the first and last time so no video, it was so undrivable it wasn't even fun!

4DB36EFF-9ED8-4E51-970D-6595724C85A2.gif

First off, the stock spur is 57T. With a 21T pinion and a 124mm tire on 3S with a 4200kv motor, you can expect a theoretical top speed of 81mph. BUT!!! There is no way you can achieve this. That ESC would give up and amp limit way before then, assuming you could even keep the tires on the ground that long. My best guess is you top out at 50mph. Not 90. And it would be batshit crazy to handle with those tires at 50. You could never hold a straight line at 60, let alone 90.

C796CCBC-9FB7-47BF-97A7-6C7CD972D70E.png

First off, the stock spur is 57T. With a 21T pinion and a 124mm tire on 3S with a 4200kv motor, you can expect a theoretical top speed of 81mph. BUT!!! There is no way you can achieve this. That ESC would give up and amp limit way before then, assuming you could even keep the tires on the ground that long. My best guess is you top out at 50mph. Not 90. And it would be batshit crazy to handle with those tires at 50. You could never hold a straight line at 60, let alone 90.

View attachment 60929
I don't have a GPS and I could be wrong about actual speed. But how fast is a kraton 6s stock cause on 2s I was faster,just asking you seem pretty smart let's figure this out!

I don't have a GPS and I could be wrong about actual speed. But how fast is a kraton 6s stock cause on 2s I was faster,just asking you seem pretty smart let's figure this out!
Kraton 6S stock out of the box is about 40mph

Kraton 6S stock out of the box is about 40mph
So let's say on 2s I may have been going 50-55mph, and on 3s I may have been going around 70mph fair enough/ either way it's hella fast for a 2wd monster truck! And like I said it was pretty much undrivable on 3s. I think I may buy a GPS unit just for fun. Thank you
Any thoughts on a relatively inexpensive GPS unit?

That is nicking futs. I remember how crazy my Stampede 2wd was even at 30mph let alone 50-60 mph.

That is nicking futs. I remember how crazy my Stampede 2wd was even at 30mph let alone 50-60 mph.
I beleive it, it's so crazy im afraid to let anyone else drive it, especially after being discontinued and it's already getting harder to find parts! Which is why I will never 3s in it again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back