My SMC Battery Acting a bit strange

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shoot. I mean 10 per cell vs 25 - 30. for someone like myself still learning seems like a no brainer
Yep. I’ve had very good results with the CNHL and Yowoo packs. HRB is good for bashing too. Turnigy are fine. Lots of great budget packs out there.

SMC batteries have very low internal resistance so to keep them healthy you will need to get a good voltage alarm and set it to 3.7 V. Most batteries will have momentary voltage sag that will activate LVC, but they will recover back to 3.6 V... with the low IR of the SMC you won't get that same sag, so when you hit the 3.2-3.3V of the LVC in the ESC, you really did drain the battery to that voltage (or lower before the cut off kicked in) and that is where you risk damaging cells.

It is hard to say if the battery is damaged without measuring IR, but one way would be to perfectly balance charge the cells and then discharge the battery slowly (medium speed throttle) down to ~3.8V. If the cells are still balanced then IR is probably ok, but if one or more cells are "drifting" then your battery is probably hosed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back