My solution to holding in the pin on HR spool

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cootertwo

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I found that, I beileve it's the the outer wheel bearings fit perfect on the spool. 2, side by side will cover the pin, and fit perfect when everything is screwed down.

I found that, I beileve it's the the outer wheel bearings fit perfect on the spool. 2, side by side will cover the pin, and fit perfect when everything is screwed down.
View attachment 36113
I'm watching your speed build threads, and can't understand how this issue isn't addressed by the manufacturer. Appreciate all the ingenuity you guys are putting into the fixes, but seems like it's too obvious an issue for it not to be handled by Hot Racing or any spool manufacturer. Both your and @GMballistic's ideas are going to save a lot of people a lot of time and heartache ??

I'm watching your speed build threads, and can't understand how this issue isn't addressed by the manufacturer. Appreciate all the ingenuity you guys are putting into the fixes, but seems like it's too obvious an issue for it not to be handled by Hot Racing or any spool manufacturer. Both your and @GMballistic's ideas are going to save a lot of people a lot of time and heartache ??
Thanks buddy and I completely agree with you.

I actually wrote an email to Hot Racing (on 24th March this year) explaining the problem and even suggesting a solution but typically like so many companies they never even took the time to reply, ...well other than their standard "auto-response email" (quoted below).

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting Hot Racing.

Your queries and concerns are important to us and we strive to provide thorough customer service. Our email team is most active on Mondays and Wednesdays and, with many questions often taking time to research and accurately answer, your patience is appreciated.

This is an auto-response email and you should generally receive it only once. If this is your first time receiving this message, please review the below for the most frequent inquires:"

Seems they are choosing to ignore it. :(

That pin is a slippery devil. I tried the shrink tube, over the "O" ring, and still lost the pin !!! And could not find a hole, etc. to where the pin got out !!! "O" ring was still in place as was the shrink tubing over it. Weird stuff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back