My son already broke something hah that was fast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Splattered23

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
  3. 4x4-Mega
Well i'm glad I bought him the mid-cost Granite to start with... even though he's 12 he's still a little careless with his new RC :p

Should I remind him that this thing cost $200 when he slams into a wall or tree or just let him go at it and make him help me fix it every time he breaks something? haha

His battery died so we went and picked it up, I inspected it and found that the black plastic piece that attaches the passenger side shock to the truck is busted. I just checked out the exploded view on the Arrma website and it's a part of AR330447

When I buy this off ebay or wherever can I just replace the part that is broken or do I have to install the shaft, eyelet, and spring perch as well?

Guess this will be my first official repair, yay

I'd remind him that broken parts cost money to replace and money don't grow on trees so if he breaks it hes gonna need to come up with a way to pay for it, Work chores ect ect, 12 years old is old enough to learn responsibility, in turn that will maybe teach him to be more careful and learn some throttle control :D

as far as replacing yeah just find the part # that's broke buy it slap it on and break something else :p

Well i'm glad I bought him the mid-cost Granite to start with... even though he's 12 he's still a little careless with his new RC :p

Should I remind him that this thing cost $200 when he slams into a wall or tree or just let him go at it and make him help me fix it every time he breaks something? haha

His battery died so we went and picked it up, I inspected it and found that the black plastic piece that attaches the passenger side shock to the truck is busted. I just checked out the exploded view on the Arrma website and it's a part of AR330447

When I buy this off ebay or wherever can I just replace the part that is broken or do I have to install the shaft, eyelet, and spring perch as well?

Guess this will be my first official repair, yay

Post a pic of what exactly is broken.

My 13yr old son works to pay for his broken parts or upgrades. There is nothing wrong with teaching your son that work pays off. We have no local hobby shop so I have to order everything, so I stock a lot of things for his outcast and my notorious so that we can repair when needed. We actually enjoy working on them together almost as much as driving them together and he is learning a lot. He just serviced his diffs! With supervision of course.

Hard to get a close up shot, it's the round part of the shock on the bottom where it attaches to the truck. The little metal washer over it is bent too, does that also come with the parts kit from Arrma? Ordered it last night on Amazon, now I have to wait a week or so.

Attachments

• 20190107_100235.jpg
    20190107_100235.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 36
Hard to get a close up shot, it's the round part of the shock on the bottom where it attaches to the truck. The little metal washer over it is bent too, does that also come with the parts kit from Arrma? Ordered it last night on Amazon, now I have to wait a week or so.
I don't know about you guys, but a front shock mounted outward on the front a arm seems precarious. While you wait for your replacement, I would start searching for a bumper that covers more area in the front. The guard blocking the shock shaft is nice, but having the rod end completely exposed, I don't think so.

I don't know about you guys, but a front shock mounted outward on the front a arm seems precarious. While you wait for your replacement, I would start searching for a bumper that covers more area in the front. The guard blocking the shock shaft is nice, but having the rod end completely exposed, I don't think so.

A bumper that wide is not only unnecessary, it would look retarded.

OP - replace the entire shaft/perch/eyelet. It's not too bad of a fix.

I have yet to work on an RC period and the shocks/diffs are the most daunting to me because of the oil (which I don't have right now - will pick some up weds when I get my Senton I guess)

And yeah I've considered some sort of larger bumpers for his granite just because he seems to be a bit careless with it so far.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back