Kraton My sons kraton stopped due to the cog fallen out. Not sure how to put it back .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pamela Chittock

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Help ! My son was playing with his kraton,all of a sudden stopped, we noticed the cog had fallen out. We have found it but not sure how to put it back. We have been to the model shop to get the little screw. Can some please send me a close up of their Kraton please .

The spur gear probably lost the grub screw. If you have the grub screw then that's awesome if not you need to go to either a hobby shop or Ace hardware type store. Take the gear with you so it's easy to find the correct size. It is going to be metric. Pick up some blue Lock-tite while you are there you will need it in the future. Dab lock tight on grub screw place pinion so the hole is over the flat of the drive shaft. Align the gears and leave a little play in between the gears. You do not want them meshed tightly but also not super loose. Screw grub screw in tight very tight and let cure an hour or so before running it.

The spur gear probably lost the grub screw. If you have the grub screw then that's awesome if not you need to go to either a hobby shop or Ace hardware type store. Take the gear with you so it's easy to find the correct size. It is going to be metric. Pick up some blue Lock-tite while you are there you will need it in the future. Dab lock tight on grub screw place pinion so the hole is over the flat of the drive shaft. Align the gears and leave a little play in between the gears. You do not want them meshed tightly but also not super loose. Screw grub screw in tight very tight and let cure an hour or so before running it.
Do uou have a photo so I can see exactly what I'm looking for . I have the gear but had lost the grub so we went to the model shop to buy some. But I'm thinking there should be something else ?
Do uou have a photo so I can see exactly what I'm looking for . I have the gear but had lost the grub so we went to the model shop to buy some. But I'm thinking there should be something else ?

Last edited:
I believe you are talking about the pinion gear from the motor.

1649702756815.png

Diagram is here which will be useful:
https://www.arrma-rc.com/on/demandw...11c/Manuals/ARA5810-Parts_Explosion_MULTI.pdf

A few things to note.
#1 Any screw that is related to the drivetrain that is rotating like this should have Loctite added and let it dry for 24 hrs. This keeps that grub screw from backing out and allowing it to come lose. (get the name brand Loctite and not the knock off brands)
#2 Good wrenches are worth the investment. I recommend MIP hex wrenches. They cost a bit more than others but will save you hours of frustration by avoiding stripped screws.
https://www.miponline.com/MIP-Hex-Driver-Wrench-Set-Metric-3-1-5mm-2-0mm-and-2-5mm-9502

I will send a photo tomorrow. Would i have to remove the motor to fix the gear ?
No you shouldn't have to remove the motor if we're talking about the pinion gear. If you can't get your fingers in use some needle nose pliers. My sausage fingers never fit multiple needle nose pliers are my best friends.
No you shouldn't have to remove the motor if we're talking about the pinion gear. If you can't get your fingers in use some needle nose pliers. My sausage fingers never fit multiple needle nose pliers are my best friends.
If you post a picture I can help you better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back