Typhon My Typhon 3S build begins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
So here we go, my first RC for 30yrs, straight in with a Typhon 3S and I'm really looking forward to getting right into the whole RC scene again.

Anyway, a few pics, be kind 😂

In stock trim, love the look of this buggy

20210411_133646.jpg
20210411_131535.jpg

A few touches added today

20210415_185815.jpg

20210415_190426.jpg

And a little added protection, thanks to Arrmaskinz 👍

20210415_185708.jpg

Last edited:
I did the same... I used silver compound for drifting, but your gonna need a bigger pinion for the smaller tires. 20tooth works, but go a little bigger if you can. Mine feels around 45mph with the 20 tooth using the hoons... And feels like 60 with the stock tires on the 20 tooth...

I did the same... I used silver compound for drifting, but your gonna need a bigger pinion for the smaller tires. 20tooth works, but go a little bigger if you can. Mine feels around 45mph with the 20 tooth using the hoons... And feels like 60 with the stock tires on the 20 tooth...
Thanks for that, is it an easy job? Running stock pinion on the Hoons will have what effect, slower top speed?

I never ran the hoons on the stock 15t pinion. I assume it will be painfully slow. Hoons on the 20t seems pretty good, but nothing to get exited about. I'm not sure what the biggest pinion you can fit is, but next time I'm at my local shop, I'm gonna grab a 22 tooth for the smaller road tires.

It is a very easy swap. 1 screw to get the motor module out of the car, a few more to expose the gears...

For stock tires on dirt... The 20 tooth is a little to top end(ish) for my taste, and acceleration from low speeds feels like turbo lag to me. I did pick up an 18t for stock tires. I installed it, but it's rained every other day since, and our bash track hasn't dried out enough to run it. I have the stock 15, and also 16,18, and 20 to work with. I've a feeling that a 17t is gonna be the sweet spot on our bash track, but I'm gonna try the 18 1st...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back