My typhon 6s drag car build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 6s
So I have begun the journey of building me a drag car that can run with these dudes around my area. Typhon 6s I chose. I ordered a set of infraction front shocks . My question I why do I see more people keep the back stock and only swap out the front?
I have a tp 4070 and waiting on castle xlx. I’m hoping to install some sort of gt body. I’m just stuck on the front tower issue weather o not to get a infraction tower naturally or mod the stock one. Please help

Attachments

• C596013F-A87A-4985-AE52-7417723E18A2.jpeg
    C596013F-A87A-4985-AE52-7417723E18A2.jpeg
    417 KB · Views: 383
So I have begun the journey of building me a drag car that can run with these dudes around my area. Typhon 6s I chose. I ordered a set of infraction front shocks . My question I why do I see more people keep the back stock and only swap out the front?
I have a tp 4070 and waiting on castle xlx. I’m hoping to install some sort of gt body. I’m just stuck on the front tower issue weather o not to get a infraction tower naturally or mod the stock one. Please help
What mods are you considering on the front?

I’m sorta doing the same though I am modifying the front and rear. I’d be interested to see how the infraction front tower and shocks work out for you. My plan was to just modify the stock towers or make new ones from 5mm carbon fiber.

So I should throw infraction rears on also? And use infraction shock towers on the front and back ?.
Also having a hard time find center spurs. I’m not going to lock it up running 1 mil . Besides the stock infraction spur where and what should I be looking for

So I should throw infraction rears on also? And use infraction shock towers on the front and back ?.
Also having a hard time find center spurs. I’m not going to lock it up running 1 mil . Besides the stock infraction spur where and what should I be looking for
The only option for a smaller spur is a spool afaik

I can’t just find a gear that screws up to a Arrma diff cup? I feel like I can. What ever gear that screws up to a speed spool is what I’m looking for. I recently got a 50t Robinson racing spur gear and would love to find a similar one but 43 or 44 ,45 I really don’t know, help

Also , what is the difference between a regular tp power motor and a kill mode race spec . Does he do something different to the motor. I’m eyeing up the 2900kv 8mm with cap pack for like 250. Please educate me thanks in advance

I can’t just find a gear that screws up to a Arrma diff cup? I feel like I can. What ever gear that screws up to a speed spool is what I’m looking for. I recently got a 50t Robinson racing spur gear and would love to find a similar one but 43 or 44 ,45 I really don’t know, help

Also , what is the difference between a regular tp power motor and a kill mode race spec . Does he do something different to the motor. I’m eyeing up the 2900kv 8mm with cap pack for like 250. Please educate me thanks in advance
If you are talking about an Arrma spool you can use any 8mm bore pinion gear. I get mine from Saga Custom RC.

Kill mode motors are basically the 4070 cm series with his branding and green aluminum end caps. 2700 to 2900 is good for 6s speed runs. Just know they get hot in a hurry! That sort of kv would be for short speed runs only and will need fans.

Like drag racing ? Looking to build a 165ft car so this may be the ticket. So are you saying you use a pinion on your center spur ? Not following. I know I need to get an array of pinions to dial her in I was just not sure what size for the center. Sorry for the confusion

Like drag racing ? Looking to build a 165ft car so this may be the ticket. So are you saying you use a pinion on your center spur ? Not following. I know I need to get an array of pinions to dial her in I was just not sure what size for the center. Sorry for the confusion
That is correct using a pinion with an 8mm bore as the spur gear. Drag racing is short duration use so that would be fine.

From what I hear drag runs peak around 70 mph so you would want to gear for 90.

Are you doing 1/8 GRPs or BSR foams or what is the plan?

Bsr foam . Pink rear and I believe they said red up front . .
interesting about using a pinion . Thanks!!
So with that being said if I’m looking to gear it to say 90 . Would I be able to use the 46t center spur from infraction. And then size my pinion according

Last edited:
Bsr foam . Pink rear and I believe they said red up front . .
interesting about using a pinion . Thanks!!
So with that being said if I’m looking to gear it to say 90 . Would I be able to use the 46t center spur from infraction. And then size my pinion according

Cool, it looks like 20T pinion and 46T spur would be pretty close to where you want to be.
In that is the case you may save some funds and just pack the original infraction center differential with silly puddy.

Half the people I ask about the center diff say lock it and other half says 1 or 2 million . Seems your option is the thicker fluid or putty. I’m going to order the 46 and a few pinions. I will be continuing to ask you question after question as you seem like you know your stuff to say the least. ✌?Thank you for your help

Half the people I ask about the center diff say lock it and other half says 1 or 2 million . Seems your option is the thicker fluid or putty. I’m going to order the 46 and a few pinions. I will be continuing to ask you question after question as you seem like you know your stuff to say the least. ✌?Thank you for your help

Happy to help

Is your plan to use 4WD? If so then thick fluid or putty will be fine. But if you are going to drop to 2WD, then you will need a spool.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back