Typhon My typhon 6s street truck build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenSchandelmayer

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Mojave 4s
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Typhon 6s
Was looking through proline bodies one day and started looking at their 1/10 sct truck bodies and realized they are near perfect dimensions for a typhon 6s so that's where it began! This has turned out to be my favorite build I have done yet I think. It's such a blast to drive as well 😍

Proline dodge ram body
Senton 6s body mounts
Typhon front tower
Alza ultra low rear typhon tower
Typhon shocks (nearly locked suspension because the fenders sit over the tires so I don't want it to compress onto the tire)
@3d-rc.myshopify.com wing mount
8s outcast wing
Grp tires, soft compound
Felony front bumper and rear bumper/diffuser
Hot racing wheelie bar
Tp 2620 kv motor
Mmx8s esc
Running on 4s 7000 mah
B5F9C7C5-7123-49D4-B65C-49345D15FEF7.jpeg
E993A7B6-7598-431E-BFE7-E7595F5EB48C.jpeg
6819CB31-445E-47F9-A018-BA713AA35092.jpeg
FD7B1F80-AB2B-4FDD-864C-F969EF37FC12.jpeg
396B4E33-5C6E-4C92-B105-BBF1EC3DC4FE.jpeg

Last edited:
I had hoons on it and it was sliding a lot in a fun way and then I put these soft grp on and what a different feeling they are and 4s doesn't making them slide constantly so they aren't wearing super fast. I was actually wheeling and that's why I put the wheelie bar on, which ended up looking awesome anyways

Nice build! What compound of grp wheels are you using? I have found the S7s to have at least as much grip as hoons, and the short run I did with S4s seemed to have even more grip. I just ordered a typhon that I plan to run on the road, and I am wondering if the stock shocks will be good enough that I don’t need to order a set from a limitless/infraction.

Nice build! What compound of grp wheels are you using? I have found the S7s to have at least as much grip as hoons, and the short run I did with S4s seemed to have even more grip. I just ordered a typhon that I plan to run on the road, and I am wondering if the stock shocks will be good enough that I don’t need to order a set from a limitless/infraction.
The xm3 soft compound. I had ordered it just to try vs hard. But I haven't run hard on this so it's tough comparison but compared to hoons these are so much more grippy. Way more than I would have expected. I think you should try stocks first

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back