Typhon My TyphonS (bash /gt / drag)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Voltage
Hello,
I wanted to show you my little typhoon collection.

IMG_20191121_182144.jpg

- the first, the blue, is almost original only the suspensions, the wheels have been modified, as well as the addition of a homemade capacitor pack. It is perfect for the circuit tt
IMG_20191121_182210.jpg

- the second, the red, is much more modified. I installed turrets and dampers (also modified) from limitless, removed the central differential, added a fixed central differential and installed a 1515 2200kv castle. This one is destined to make one road.
IMG_20191121_182202_1.jpg

-the third, the gray is very very modified. A kraton chassis, a castle xlx esc, kill engine mod 2900kv x-spec race, capa pack, 1/5 grp wheels, .... The central differential in 1 000 000 is still too soft, I am trying to change it to pass on a belt transmission.
IMG_20191121_182155.jpg

As a bonus a photo of the whole collection with the kraton of my biggest son (10 years) and granite voltage of my youngest (6 years)
IMG_20191121_173948.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Typhon collection. I have really come to love the Typhon 6s.

On the red one are those the new pro-line belted tires?
I am curious how they hold up to speeds above 80mph.

FYI on your stretched Kraton chassis Typhon, you will net higher peak speeds with the 1/8 GRPs versus the 1/5, but I get that they look better and likely grip better also. It will be slower due to significantly more rotational mass and a larger aerodynamic drag.

I've tried all the brand in 1/8 (even grp) they all have a big lake of grip and burn and smoke too much. /5 are the only one that game me grip at full trottle. The worst are foam ones ... 3 runs and no more tire just wheel (less than 5 mm foam)

On the red one ther are not new proline but old absima ones, there were the first i've tried on the dragster, the first pack lasted 3m before exploding (foam and tire away from wheel). I've tried them on the blu this summer for an exibition on road. I find it cool so I build the red gt one.

Nice collection. Is it because you like the Typhon platform or is there a particular reason why you don't have a Limitless? Perhaps the roads you run on a a little bumpy?

Yes I like The typhon platform and I just need one kind on spare to repare all of them. I don't bought any limitless because of the price : the red gt one cost me 100$ (with castle 1515) and the grey dragster one was 175$ ( ok i need to buy all the electronic but it's the same for limitless).

Welcome to the Arrma Forum family @B45T13N! What an amazing collection, and glad to see your kids are all in on Arrma as well.???

I'm changing my 1 000 000 center dif for this

IMG_20191212_174217.jpg

I'm using a 40 teeth at the center but I don't know witch one I need on the motor. It's for drag race only.
Front and rear dif are stock and i'm using 1/5 wheel.
Witch one will be better ? 12 , 18, 20, 24 teeth ?

Thanks for your help.

I'm changing my 1 000 000 center dif for this

View attachment 57019

I'm using a 40 teeth at the center but I don't know witch one I need on the motor. It's for drag race only.
Front and rear dif are stock and i'm using 1/5 wheel.
Witch one will be better ? 12 , 18, 20, 24 teeth ?

Thanks for your help.
I would create a maintenance routine to check motor bearings and diff bearings often with the belt drive.
I found that the tension required to keep the belt tight puts allot of extra stress on the bearings.

As for gearing was that a 2700 or 2900kv?
I would likely start with 12t or 14t

As far as I know you rarely go beyond 80-90mph in drag so you don't need too much gearing. Then the fun of belt drive.... you have to get a shorter belt :mad:

As for gearing was that a 2700 or 2900kv?
I would likely start with 12t or 14t

It's a 2900kv

As far as I know you rarely go beyond 80-90mph in drag so you don't need too much gearing. Then the fun of belt drive.... you have to get a shorter belt :mad:
I bought a shorter one, just waiting for my postman

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back