Granite My upgraded and modified arrma granite...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
Hi everyone, this is my upgraded/modified Arrma granite 3s blx Below will be a list of my upgrades/ mods and my opinion of each of them. Enjoy?

Typhon 6s shocks-front/rear... Best upgrade I’ve made yet, performance and strength is superb
Fast eddy bearings... If you buy any Arrma this should definitely be your first upgrade
GPM tie rods, steering blocks and bell crank... Much against the advice of @slick2500 i went ahead and got the tie rods. They have been great, they removed the slop coming from the plastic pivot balls and have survived some pretty nasty hits. The bell crank on the other hand just looks nice-that’s about it. Steering blocks are good also.
Kimbrough large extra strong servo saver... much better than stock, recommended upgrade.
Servo... ADS 15M, decent torque, A little on the slow side tho. Only 10 bucks at Jenny’s
Rear mudgaurds... Cut up the lid of an old icecream container and attached it with some screws I had laying around. they work great ?
Outcast 4s centre chassis support. Just got this for the bling....??????but it does its job well...
Custom painted body reinfored with tape and glue on the inside... Colour= Tamiya ps59 dark metallic blue
Arms and bumpers soaked in WD40... Haven’t broken one since doing this trick.
MX-28 badlands are definitely in my future.

This sums up the end of my upgrades, I hope this thread has helped you decide your next upgrades for your Granite.
Post any upgrades I have missed or you recommend.
Thanks and have a good evening?
CE9CE1C6-A816-4D22-BED4-7BEA2C3DFD10.jpeg
3243D44A-DD31-412D-9A2A-BA53A51385CC.jpeg
1BB046F8-11AB-4BC4-859F-51DC10878A4E.jpeg
7F178397-F9B1-4381-B8BD-D88B17F25A70.jpeg
8A531AEE-5ADD-45EB-A500-1EE0F23A045E.jpeg

Thanks, It’s a tough little sh!t ?... Lol
Oh, I forgot to mention T-bone bumpers, I will definitely get some when they sort out the hing-pin retainer and the screws pulling threw the bottom of the bumper, I’m just not a fan of the bent piece of steel- it seems like a quick fix rather than a solution.

Hi everyone, this is my upgraded/modified Arrma granite 3s blx Below will be a list of my upgrades/ mods and my opinion of each of them. Enjoy?

Typhon 6s shocks-front/rear... Best upgrade I’ve made yet, performance and strength is superb
Fast eddy bearings... If you buy any Arrma this should definitely be your first upgrade
GPM tie rods, steering blocks and bell crank... Much against the advice of @slick2500 i went ahead and got the tie rods. They have been great, they removed the slop coming from the plastic pivot balls and have survived some pretty nasty hits. The bell crank on the other hand just looks nice-that’s about it. Steering blocks are good also.
Kimbrough large extra strong servo saver... much better than stock, recommended upgrade.
Servo... ADS 15M, decent torque, A little on the slow side tho. Only 10 bucks at Jenny’s
Rear mudgaurds... Cut up the lid of an old icecream container and attached it with some screws I had laying around. they work great ?
Outcast 4s centre chassis support. Just got this for the bling....??????but it does its job well...
Custom painted body reinfored with tape and glue on the inside... Colour= Tamiya ps59 dark metallic blue
Arms and bumpers soaked in WD40... Haven’t broken one since doing this trick.
MX-28 badlands are definitely in my future.

This sums up the end of my upgrades, I hope this thread has helped you decide your next upgrades for your Granite.
Post any upgrades I have missed or you recommend.
Thanks and have a good evening?
View attachment 54743View attachment 54746View attachment 54747View attachment 54749View attachment 54750
Looks awesome! I wanna do the tower to tower brace on my BRCC. Did you have any problem installing the brace?

Sorry, a bit late over here... in New Zealand I was asleep the last 10 hours? lol.@unclebrudy, sorry bud I’m on phone at the moment so adding a link is near impossible, just go onto GPM>arrma>arrma granite 4x4 mega>Here are the part numbers. MAG160=tie rods. MAG021 steering blocks. And if you REALLY want the bell crank=MAG048...@Kdwright85 you need to buy the little hook thingys that notch into the shock tower.
You will also have to make a little spacer to go between the shock towers to stop the hooks popping out. I made mine with a small block of wood which I filed down till I was only just able to get it in there. I painted it black, drilled through it and zip tied around the body mounts, have not had one come loose and they work well.
Happy bashing????
Just for anyone that’s interested, I just weighed it and it is a whole 1lb heavier than stock. Mine=7lb
Stock=6 lb. it’s pretty understandable tho as I have added a lot of aluminium and beefy parts.

Last edited:
Sorry, a bit late over here... in New Zealand I was asleep the last 10 hours? lol.@unclebrudy, sorry bud I’m on phone at the moment so adding a link is near impossible, just go onto GPM>arrma>arrma granite 4x4 mega>Here are the part numbers. MAG160=tie rods. MAG021 steering blocks. And if you REALLY want the bell crank=MAG048...@Kdwright85 you need to buy the little hook thingys that notch into the shock tower.
You will also have to make a little spacer to go between the shock towers to stop the hooks popping out. I made mine with a small block of wood which I filed down till I was only just able to get it in there. I painted it black, drilled through it and zip tied around the body mounts, have not had one come loose and they work well.
Happy bashing????
Just for anyone that’s interested, I just weighed it and it is a whole 1lb heavier than stock. Mine=7lb
Stock=6 lb. it’s pretty understandable tho as I have added a lot of aluminium and beefy parts.
Awesome, sounds good...Thanks for the info!

I prefer my Granite narrow tbh. When it’s that wide it is too square shaped and doesn’t track straight very well at speed. It also cartwheels for days. I put my narrow arms back on. Still running the HR hexes and MX28s.

Does it handle significantly better? Would u do it again, or leave it the way it was?
Sorry to be so annoying..??
no problem ? I would say no ... it's more stable, but somehow the long arms of the typhone 3s obviously make their weight on adapters and wheels by pushing it more towards the ground. maybe a little like truggy ... I'll give back the granite arms too. the monster truck should have a smaller width between the wheels if you want a monster truck.

I prefer my Granite narrow tbh. When it’s that wide it is too square shaped and doesn’t track straight very well at speed. It also cartwheels for days. I put my narrow arms back on. Still running the HR hexes and MX28s.
This is also how I like the granite. It's better narrow.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back