Granite My V3 Granite BLX is here! I'm back where I started with Arrma 😁

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armarookie43

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
My V2 BLX Granite was my very first Arrma. Now I only have this bad boy and a big block Outcast 8s. I already put it through a little bash on concrete at work. I got double backflips with no problem. Hehe. I do think that the slipper clutch assembly sounds loud and I think there's something rattling in there? It might be normal. I'm going to make a video. I'll also take it apart and inspect it. It ran fine though 🤔. They body got a little bit of damage but no big deal. It feels faster than my previous version.
20210118_142124.jpg
20210118_142204.jpg
20210118_142131.jpg
20210118_164616.jpg
20210118_164630.jpg

A nice purchase and well worth every Dollar imo. It does have issues though. You can find out about the problems here. A hint is that probably the servo will go first, especially if you're a basher. Running your clutch too tight probably will blow your drive shafts.
razorrc has a couple of videos on his channel about what to do before running. Be sure to check them out. They can save you some trouble.

My V2 BLX Granite was my very first Arrma. Now I only have this bad boy and a big block Outcast 8s. I already put it through a little bash on concrete at work. I got double backflips with no problem. Hehe. I do think that the slipper clutch assembly sounds loud and I think there's something rattling in there? It might be normal. I'm going to make a video. I'll also take it apart and inspect it. It ran fine though 🤔. They body got a little bit of damage but no big deal. It feels faster than my previous version. View attachment 120981View attachment 120982View attachment 120983View attachment 120984View attachment 120985
I see you've wasted no time in getting the tail gate opening started. It's my biggest pet peeve about the Granite body. Mine is currently stitched with twist ties and holding up well.

My son putting in some work. Gorilla taped the whole inside and shoe goo drywall on the bed :
20210120_112210.jpg
20210120_112214.jpg
20210121_113919.jpg
20210121_113927.jpg
20210121_114024.jpg

A nice purchase and well worth every Dollar imo. It does have issues though. You can find out about the problems here. A hint is that probably the servo will go first, especially if you're a basher. Running your clutch too tight probably will blow your drive shafts.
razorrc has a couple of videos on his channel about what to do before running. Be sure to check them out. They can save you some trouble.
An RC with issues? No way! J/K. I'm used to tweaking my RC vehicles so no biggie. Been at it for a while now. Hehe. Thanks for the advice anyways. Heck even my son has been at it for about a year 🤣
I see you've wasted no time in getting the tail gate opening started. It's my biggest pet peeve about the Granite body. Mine is currently stitched with twist ties and holding up well.
Well I slammed it against CONCRETE. You can't expect plastic to survive that. Double backflips included into concrete on its first run 🤣
Set steering end points correctly and I bet the servo lasts longer.
Absolutely. My servos last a long time when I do that. But 20ft + jumps do have their consequences 😂

Last edited:
A little bash bash session with the Granite. Middle of the video a little Xmaxx action and towards the end my son drives the Granite at 50% power. He'll be 5 in April. He's been driving for about a year now and it shows 😂

So far I've only broken one lower control arm on the rear (replaced with RPM) and stripped the plastic spur gear. Replaced with the metal 4s spur gear but I didn't realize that I had bent the motor mount. I pretty much destroyed the slipper clutch assembly and pinion. I bought a brand new slipper assembly for the 4s line, changed out the bearings and bought the M2C motor mount. I went with a 16t pinion so I hit thermal because I was driving it non stop on pavement 🤔:
20210311_122727.jpg
20210311_122735.jpg
20210311_122739.jpg
20210321_145128.jpg

My V2 BLX Granite was my very first Arrma. Now I only have this bad boy and a big block Outcast 8s. I already put it through a little bash on concrete at work. I got double backflips with no problem. Hehe. I do think that the slipper clutch assembly sounds loud and I think there's something rattling in there? It might be normal. I'm going to make a video. I'll also take it apart and inspect it. It ran fine though 🤔. They body got a little bit of damage but no big deal. It feels faster than my previous version. View attachment 120981View attachment 120982View attachment 120983View attachment 120984View attachment 120985

Congrats!

You know those wheels can come off so I would quickly check and LT all 4 to be safe... I lost one of my wheels in the middle of bash and found all were at a point to come off when I did the repairs.

Congrats!

You know those wheels can come off so I would quickly check and LT all 4 to be safe... I lost one of my wheels in the middle of bash and found all were at a point to come off when I did the repairs.
Cool. I cranked them down before driving. I'll check again. Thanks.

Cool. I cranked them down before driving. I'll check again. Thanks.
I believe he means putting threadlock on the screws inside the hubs, not the wheel nuts themselves. If that screw comes out the hub falls off with the wheel attached to it.

I believe he means putting threadlock on the screws inside the hubs, not the wheel nuts themselves. If that screw comes out the hub falls off with the wheel attached to it.
Ah OK I see. I've had no issues with that so far. Thanks

I did on both my 3s Arrmas and they still crapped out. It's a pity because they are a powerful and fast servo. They just don't last.
Servo? I did order a pair since someone off YouTube claimed that they are lasting (the gpm driveshafts) 🤔.

So far I've only broken one lower control arm on the rear (replaced with RPM) and stripped the plastic spur gear. Replaced with the metal 4s spur gear but I didn't realize that I had bent the motor mount. I pretty much destroyed the slipper clutch assembly and pinion. I bought a brand new slipper assembly for the 4s line, changed out the bearings and bought the M2C motor mount. I went with a 16t pinion so I hit thermal because I was driving it non stop on pavement 🤔:
View attachment 133956View attachment 133957View attachment 133958View attachment 133959
Oh G, what th happened in there? LOL

OK. I installed one of the GPM driveshafts. Now the slipper clutch is giving me trouble again I think.
20210619_142223.jpg
20210619_141820.jpg
20210619_141812.jpg

Last edited:
I destroyed my ring gear and output drive on the rear diff. No more self riding for me 🙄
20210620_142515.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back