Granite My V3 Granite BLX is here! I'm back where I started with Arrma šŸ˜

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So back to almost everything stock. Except the ESC (I'm using the V3 Typhon 6s ESC and 18t pinion), stock motor, tires and hubs. I only kept the metal driveshafts, front HR aluminum hubs and c hubs, aluminum diff yokes (went back to stock diffs and they are brand new), M2C motor mount.
I also kept the HR servo saver and steering rack.

20220702_153057.jpg

Wow! Iā€™m greener than a marine on a ship, but I learned a ton here. I have a v3 granite so Iā€˜m gonna reverse my fiends advice and turn my slipper adj to 1.5 turns out instead of .25 as he suggested. Im glad I went with a half turn to begin with, or I might have already screwed the pooch. Man! That was a freaking rabbit hole from hades you went down! Welcome back, and thanks for the lessons. This granite was my first basher after a dozen or more planes and 2 crawlers. Now I have Kaiju ext and a 6S Typhon. And the modding has just begun so a perfect time for me to find this thread. Thanks again for the blow by blow. It really makes me pauseā€¦

Wow! Iā€™m greener than a marine on a ship, but I learned a ton here. I have a v3 granite so Iā€˜m gonna reverse my fiends advice and turn my slipper adj to 1.5 turns out instead of .25 as he suggested. Im glad I went with a half turn to begin with, or I might have already screwed the pooch. Man! That was a freaking rabbit hole from hades you went down! Welcome back, and thanks for the lessons. This granite was my first basher after a dozen or more planes and 2 crawlers. Now I have Kaiju ext and a 6S Typhon. And the modding has just begun so a perfect time for me to find this thread. Thanks again for the blow by blow. It really makes me pauseā€¦
Yeah. Don't go crazy with the Granite. It's best left as stock as possible. I also left the extra inner bearing rings on the slipper so that that it doesn't fall apart like it has before. Rpm arms are a good upgrade too. I alps left the rear Mojave shocks all around. Check out the latest run. It did well :

Absolutely. Don't make my mistakes šŸ˜‚
I'm interested to see how it goes for you and the O4S. For mid level bashing, it should be OK. 20ft to 26ft high grass and dirt landings. That's if you take big jumps at all.

I'm interested to see how it goes for you and the O4S. For mid level bashing, it should be OK. 20ft to 26ft high grass and dirt landings. That's if you take big jumps at all.
I used to own a Stampede (original style 2WD with the rear motor) and E-Maxx, and I'm really looking for something near the midpoint: 4WD, durable, but not as heavy or large as the E-maxx. The 4S platform looks perfect, but we'll see when it ships later this month.

Basically I want to take my family out for walks around the SoCal canyons and tear them up a little with a monster truck, that's all.

I used to own a Stampede (original style 2WD with the rear motor) and E-Maxx, and I'm really looking for something near the midpoint: 4WD, durable, but not as heavy or large as the E-maxx. The 4S platform looks perfect, but we'll see when it ships later this month.

Basically I want to take my family out for walks around the SoCal canyons and tear them up a little with a monster truck, that's all.
It should be able to take that easily. Some of us here torture our stuff šŸ˜‚

Things have been going well for my Granite but I lost steering. The plastic insert for the HR servo saver broke, so I'm stuck. Hopefully I can find something in my parts bin to make this work again :

20220921_141609.jpg

Things have been going well for my Granite but I lost steering. The plastic insert for the HR servo saver broke, so I'm stuck. Hopefully I can find something in my parts bin to make this work again :

View attachment 245180
Hey buddy, PM me your address and Iā€™ll drop a bunch of plastic inserts I no longer need (originally donated to be by someone on the forum) in the mail. Hopefully one of them fitsā€¦

Allright, so I decided to remove the following so called upgrades and I kept some of the upgrades that seemed to be helping.

Removed upgrades : HR diffs and output drives, 17mm hex adapters, steel driveshafts.

Kept upgrades : aluminum yokes on the diffs with stock diffs, Arrma 4s slipper assembly, 4s system from the Sketer (but I only run 3s), aluminum steering rack and front hubs from HR, M2C motor mount. Everything else is stock. After two runs, no problems.

20230611_151329.jpg
20230611_151449.jpg
20230611_151445.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back