Talion My V4 Talion refresh / M2C upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3x9rtse

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
Well , long overdue for a total strip down/inspection , the chassis being bent ( from day one by leaving the plastic chassis braces ) THEN upgrading to the aluminum , and inspect the bearings , etc . I have already upgraded to RPM arms , fr and rr T-bone bash bumpers , M2C acherman arm , heat sink / fan combo .
I am the guy who usually never replaces until it breaks , thats why it still had the orig servo / esc / and motor ( we all know about the radio ) so my Futaba 3PV was my choice as I already had it in my other RC's.
I will go thru the diffs / shocks again but will wait to install the new M2C pistons as I want to drive it then change them to see the difference . Decided to go with the 35kg servo and the new EXB heavier servo saver spring but will re-install the orig BLX esc/motor combo with the 16t pinion .
This truck has been bullet proof for me , never lost a diff or electronics . I know all the hype now about the LSD's , but I'm fine with the tried and true diffs , tune with thicker fluid method , I almost pulled the trigger on a new EXB Talion but figured invest a little into my V4 and make it better ( especially the chassis !!! ) and not impressed what people are saying about the new Spektrum stuff .
Here's the start !!!!

IMG_5337.JPG

Tear down today , starting with the hexes . Many have learned the hard way about Arrmas red loctite in the previous models . Especially some stripping out the grub screws that hold the pin in the hex . Again , have a heat gun on hand , clean out the inside of the screw with a razor or something so the allen goes all the way down for max grip . Heat the hex , put a wrench on the hex , if you feel it " cracking " free you're all set , if no , heat some more . All 4 came out no problem .
Stripped down everything , and WOW was the chassis bent more than I thought it was !!! The front was virtually flat !!!!! ( no kick up angle left ) , and the rear was bent up and down !!!
There is a considerable feel of more weight and rigidity between the Arrma chassis and the M2C !!!

IMG_5339.JPG

IMG_5341.JPG

IMG_5353.JPG

IMG_5354.JPG

IMG_5355.JPG

IMG_5356.JPG

IMG_5358.JPG

Finished it up today , all the diffs ( 30k / 300k / 30k ) , all new Fasteddy bearings ( wow so smooth ) , new 35kg servo , assembled the truck , just have to put the tires on it and go for a rip !!!! ( waiting as the blue loctite dries over night .
Gotta say , this truck still had all it's orig bearing , 2 were pretty crunchy , any debating doing bearings , do it !!!
Everything fit and lined up with perfection on this M2C chassis . The only thing is the rear droop screws barely touch the tabs on the chassis that they are supposed to be above .

IMG_5383.JPG

IMG_5384.JPG

IMG_5385.JPG

IMG_5375.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back