Typhon My V5 “Lil Bitty”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
What’s going on tiny truckers! Today is a good day, I popped my arrma cherry with a v5 typhon 6s.
22CB66E4-0D2E-47C3-B743-1BC9CF20CFA5.jpeg

here she is post initial run and bath
image.jpg

It’s a beast but I need to rebuild the diffs in a bad way. More to follow

Congrats and great start. How soon before we see you in the "How fast did you go" thread?;)
Thanks! The 6500mah smc true spec dv does not fit under the shell. At 71mm tall It is 21mm over arrma spec. They were right. I can force the body on after I removed the plastic top cap but it is far from ideal. Not sure what I’m going to do yet.. I was hoping to keep it a buggy for a while but it might get a car/rally body.
I was driving on the very wet grass and I traction rolled quite alot. Definitely a different beast compared to my stunt truck. It self rights almost 100% of the time haha. So since I have my mt I’m thinking of more of an on road set up. Speed runs are definitely happening :)

Thanks! The 6500mah smc true spec dv does not fit under the shell. At 71mm tall It is 21mm over arrma spec. They were right. I can force the body on after I removed the plastic top cap but it is far from ideal. Not sure what I’m going to do yet.. I was hoping to keep it a buggy for a while but it might get a car/rally body.
I was driving on the very wet grass and I traction rolled quite alot. Definitely a different beast compared to my stunt truck. It self rights almost 100% of the time haha. So since I have my mt I’m thinking of more of an on road set up. Speed runs are definitely happening :)
Both my 6s batteries can't squeeze under, but my China Hobby Line 90C 6200 has me sitting on the shell to get it buttoned down. Because I'm using it for speed runs, it doesn't bother me too much. When bashing my other T6S, I use my Genss Ace 100c 6000. It's a touch shorter and a smidge lower. Only needs my elbow to get the back pins in. Happy speeding!

Depending on the terrain I'm on or if my grandkids are running the car I turn down my steering rate on the transmitter to reduce the likelihood of rollover while turning

Alrighty tonight I smashed out the diffs. Now I’m running 100k/1M/50k (fr/ctr/rr). Should be better all around :)

edit: when did arrma start putting 16t pinion in the typhon?? I thought it was 14t but I double counted...? I was going to swap for a 16 lol but I threw it back on haha

Last edited:
What a missle!! Omg!! I crammed the 6500mah 6s under and the smiles and laughter ensued! I’ve got an order for nhx twin cyclone fan, and tbone front/rear bumpers. The 16t was running on the warm side of my liking in grass. Tons of traction now with the now properly filled diffs! Next step dealing with the shocks, and getting some 4mm washers for camber spacers

Glad you are enjoying it's really one hell of a buggy. I find stock gearing great even on grass with stock tires or even mx28. I do have a dual fan with heat sink on. Temps usually around 100F

Glad you are enjoying it's really one hell of a buggy. I find stock gearing great even on grass with stock tires or even mx28. I do have a dual fan with heat sink on. Temps usually around 100F
It’s insane lol especially now with the 1 million in the Center haha \m/
Tonight got some essentials installed. Looks good, fits good, so far so good! Still need to get after the shocks
49999AC1-E758-4B2D-9BCA-CAFACA1D4889.jpeg

Edit: also threw in an amazon 35kg. Will order up another power HD next time I place an order

Last edited:
Ran the beast today on 4s with the 20t. It was a blast and much more mannered. It’s fun just blasting across grass haha. Can anyone give advise as to how I could raise the body to clear the giant 6s bricks? Kraton rear mounts maybe?

Got some tbone armour for the beast yesterday. I was also noticing a lot of drag in the front suspension. I found yesterday the culprit. It was the shims used to set caster in the upper arm. I removed one of the thin shims and cleaned up the pivot holes with a 4mm twist drill. Now my front suspension is super smooth :) waiting for new duratrax lockup buggy tires as the stock ones have all launched the foams through the carcass :(
D8E63BAF-FCFD-4D18-8A0E-1AE109E6DE50.jpeg
23902A1E-D3AE-4BC5-9A47-65E52B176CD1.jpeg
hope y’all are safe and well. Thanks for reading :) happy blasting

Both my 6s batteries can't squeeze under, but my China Hobby Line 90C 6200 has me sitting on the shell to get it buttoned down. Because I'm using it for speed runs, it doesn't bother me too much. When bashing my other T6S, I use my Genss Ace 100c 6000. It's a touch shorter and a smidge lower. Only needs my elbow to get the back pins in. Happy speeding!
What kinda speeds are you getting and what's the whole setup if you don't mind my asking?

What kinda speeds are you getting and what's the whole setup if you don't mind my asking?
Mine is strictly for the street now. Center is a 29t pinion on a 34t spool. Front and rear difs are out of a Felony. Still a stock 2050kv motor with a Castle MMX 8s esc. 112 mph highest speed so far.

Mine is strictly for the street now. Center is a 29t pinion on a 34t spool. Front and rear difs are out of a Felony. Still a stock 2050kv motor with a Castle MMX 8s esc. 112 mph highest speed so far.
6s typhon right?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back