Typhon My V5 “Lil Bitty”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well boys I’m goin semi-beef 😎
Ordered up some M2c beef cakes
Front/rear shock towers
Shock standoffs fr/rr
Front/rear hinge pin kits

I figured these durability parts should get ordered up in lieu of getting truggified. Honestly comparing to my tekno, the arrma hinge pin design is flimsy. This upgrade pack is bringing the arrma up to par :) and besides my front shock tower is tweaked slightly. I would have loved to order a chassis but I’m sure that bridge will be crossed eventually :)

A wild Typhon in its natural habitat. He seems to have lost its wing, whilst out enjoying some airtime! 😎😎
CDE4C4B1-E3A0-453B-AF20-1621F54DE392.jpeg

Well holding out to buy the parts needed for the truggification has failed. They are en route from Jenny’s. Hubs,hexes,driveshafts. Ordering the complete driveshaft set was easiest and cheapest route. The stubs themselves where insane cost and even higher shipping. Much excite :)

59415C4E-AADF-4080-9C2E-EBCF13F87E36.jpeg

Clipped on the nhx fans and installed new wing mount today! These fans blow some serious air! A quality looking piece! Running grass at high speeds I can hit 175°f on the can, so this should help run times :) I bought 4, 40x28 fans that I’m hoping I’ll get to fit on the esc.

I am worried about the fan jamming up against the Center diff top plate. What’s the purpose of the tubes running lengthwise on top? I’m thinking of hacking the interfering one off

Last edited:
BCDFEBC2-1E4E-485C-8557-A17D35CF4681.jpeg
64B78982-0F9E-4020-BC4D-9C094090884D.jpeg
3B9122F7-1166-4197-84CD-428A714E68F9.jpeg

Ups delivered some delicious beef today \m/. Had a long 24hr shift sitting at the duty desk so I installed the parts. Just need to drill the towers for the 4mm standoffs when I get the chance. These parts look absolutely amazing. Fit and finish was top shelf! And buttery smooth dampening. Still need to go to a thicker shock oil. And I would like stiffer springs to hold the 6s bricks up :)

Man I sure can’t keep tires on this rocket!
took the typhon out to grassy mcbash hill. Got about 3/4 through the pack and blew another tire. Luckily I’ll be able to glue it again. I’m going to order belted mx28s tonight.
I gave the buggy a couple hard pulls across the soccer field to test out the fans capacity. It was 17°c out. Last time my motor hit 175°F. Today my can hit 130°f. Now that was after idling back to the car with a blown tire. So maybe add ten post heat cycle. Pretty darn happy with the results the fans provided. I hooked them up to an open port in the receiver. Thinking I might power fans off a castle bec

9D4C5B8F-CB96-4D10-A6BC-11D05C34D3EB.jpeg

Typhon jousting! Haha
Had a good bash day. Broke a rear shock rod end and scraped up the shiny front tower a bit sliding across pavement :/

I need to make a grass shield for the fans. I might print something up

Wow Jenny’s rc really pulled through. Super stoked they shipped to Canada quick and no issues :):) I’ll have to find some time to slap these goodies on. Tires and some spare parts should also be arriving today. \m/
87EE4067-41E2-44DE-86F4-46A2BE4AC332.jpeg

Awesome!! Where are you in Canada?
Thanks! I’m in New Brunswick
Wow! Simply just wow! The conversion is amazing! Rc car bliss. Seriously the best rc driving experience I’ve had! It’s incredible! Air control and performance is perfect for this set up! I definitely have to gear down again from 18t as I had to take a break halfway through! Never thermaled I just stopped for a bit! The perfect grass blaster imo

I need a go pro

Last edited:
Absolutely love this car!!! Couldn’t be happier with how this this unit darts across grass! It’s a total land missile! Running 17/50 temps for 4 runs now have been 130f 18/50 on the hot day was to much for a full pack blast. Did I mention I love this beast?!!!
B5AFA7F6-C176-4DC7-B780-D9B240CE40DD.jpeg
29A394F3-58D0-427D-B3C4-AD0782B1784B.jpeg

Well holding out to buy the parts needed for the truggification has failed. They are en route from Jenny’s. Hubs,hexes,driveshafts. Ordering the complete driveshaft set was easiest and cheapest route. The stubs themselves where insane cost and even higher shipping. Much excite :)
Won’t be disappointed

Alright guys had my first run ending break after 31 packs I had to carry it home! I broke a proline hex adapter 😂 the car lives to play again!!!

does proline make a narrower offset hex adapter for 6x30 17mm hex? I’m not seeing anything. I don’t want to drop the coin on the metal ones. The hex saved my arms and who know what else. I’ll order a couple sets to keep in the bag! I just wish we could have a narrow option as it would be stronger and I think would be perfect for this rig!
Edit: I found it! 6x30 17mm proline# 6355-00 for short course! Grr! Got 2 set of narrow and a set of mt

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back