Outcast My vacation week bash videos, 2018/07/28 - 2018/08/05

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
Saturday, skate park and at the park. Motor got kind of warm at the park, saw 170F.

Got a HW 40mm fan/heat sink for the motor, savox SW-1210SG servo installed, front RPM arms, TBR wheelie bar/skid, homemade steel wear plates, shimmed the diffs and used 100k/500k/100k, then ran again yesterday. Ended early due to a busted rear RPM arm:

2018-0731-Outcast-BrokenRPMArm02.jpg

Motor temps were down around 130F, I didn't run in grass as much though. Will have to check it again to see if I need to step down to 15/50 instead of 16/50 with 4S.

Bashing from Wednesday when it was 85F with high humidity. Overheated a few times I think, even with the motor fan, although, the motor temps didn't get above 140F, but I did read 141F at the ESC. The LED wasn't blinking though, so I'm not 100% sure:

From Thursday, dropped to 15T pinion, but the ambient was also around 75F. Didn't have any heat issues or have it stop going forward/reverse like Wednesday. Also removed the side mounted camera as it was cracking the body. Need to figure out a way to add amount to the body that is supported by a lot more body as it started to crack where the L is for the bed and cab.

A little bit from my eJato before I broke it:

Nice videos. I do some work in that area where you are bashing. I might have to throw the rig in the car and check these spots out. Once again, nice job.

Just realized now that the outcast is on 4s that’s why it doesn’t launch as far

Just realized now that the outcast is on 4s that’s why it doesn’t launch as far
Yeah, it's all I have for packs so far. I have 12 or 14 2S packs as I like running the same packs in everything. Then if a truck breaks when bashing, I can still use the packs in another truck as I pretty much always take 2 trucks with me. Everything I run either runs on 2S or 4S.

If I can't get a good speed out of the outcast without overheating, I may have to go 6S and gear it down. It's quick enough for what I do with 15/50 on 4S, but it still stalls out in the middle of my second set of packs if I'm running in short grass a lot. I don't see the LED blinking or anything and temps don't seem that high, but it stops moving, so I'm guessing it's overheating. Might try 14/50 to see if that helps. Then again, it was 85F out both days it overheated with 80%+ humidity.

The dude with the talion is just relentless with that thing. It's funny, when we first started bashing, he would boop over the jumps all timid. Then I'd get 10 feet under my savage and send it out 20+ feet and he was amazed it didn't break. Then he started going bigger and bigger. Now if he doesn't hit tree branches, he's not happy. lol

However, he said he never broke anything until he met me. Now he rarely makes it a bash session with a working truck to take home.

So, 4S may be good for me in more ways than one. ;)

Yeah same here I rarely break anything on 4s but I just love the 6s it’s a freaking beast

I started out with 4s on my Kraton. After a few packs I decided to try 6s. No way I'm going back. It's not about the top speed. It's the amount of punch 6s has. You can roll up to a jump and just punch it and fly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back