My view of the hot racing motor mount..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend has a kraton 6s v2 and he doesn't jump more than 3-4 feets or backflip it and says im craxy when i backflip lol but when i nose land at 6-7 foot jump it pisses me pff maybe the chassi brace has something to do?
I think its the chassi brace now causing all of those issues all the energy is transfered to the motor mount but how the chassi brace system has like a rubber piece to make it flex a bit

My friend has a kraton 6s v2 and he doesn't jump more than 3-4 feets or backflip it and says im craxy when i backflip lol but when i nose land at 6-7 foot jump it pisses me pff maybe the chassi brace has something to do?
Do they make shock tower braces for the 3/4s models? If so I'd buy em and lose the tower to tower Brace. But then again I don't know about the non 6s versions...

I just saw a reply from someone on the forum about the arrma and HR adjustable motor mount and he bended both.. i will try the 3d pring thing to prevent the motor from moving
Hee goes all my hopes down the drain then
I’ve only bent my mount once on a nasty head on crash into a thick telephone pole at 45mph. Nothing is going to survive something like that unscathed.
Do you have the files for the 3d printed part for the motor? Did it resolve your issue?

Do they make shock tower braces for the 3/4s models? If so I'd buy em and lose the tower to tower Brace. But then again I don't know about the non 6s versions...
Nope.

image.jpg

Decided to take it apart and omfg what???? Its worst than stock
I got the same effect when i landed on concrete on a 5-7 foot jump without a bumper

The motor plate bending is due to the motor wheight or because the chassis flex also? As i wouldn't this happen to me, i thought about puting a part on the chassis which would support the motor weight, but if the chassis flex too much it won't resolve this issue.

On the Proline pro MT 4x4 there is something like that, on the SST 1937 also. But i was thinking about something which would more hold the motor, as with some motor fan mount we can find. This support must be not too large as there isn't lot of room left by the motor heatsink, or by cleanely cutting a short slice in the motor heatsink.

Something like this :
yeahracing-ya-0329gm-001.jpg

YEA-YA-0569BK_00-200x200.jpg

Or eventually something like this :
s-l300.jpg

This photo is an exemple, there are some different parts like that. Attached to the chaisis by short countersunk M3 screw, placed below the motor. With 2 screws at the bottom of the motor, not hard to drill the bottom of the motor (just take car to don't hurt the copper coil) and threaded the holes.

But when i see the way the motor mount is bent, i would say that the kind of parts in the two firsts photo would prevent this.

Last edited:
It is crazy how 6061 aluminum can be soft. This motor mount seem thick enough though. In 7075 it wouldn't bend like that.

But, we must understand in which way the motor mount bend. Is it mainly on one side, in this case the motor should be hold to stop moving up or down or on the sides. Or the motor mount is bent with the same angle on both sides in the same way, in this case it could be bent by the weight of the motor mainly on hard landing on the front end of the car. In this case, something just behind the motor should prevent this.

It is crazy how 6061 aluminum can be soft. This motor mount seem thick enough though. In 7075 it wouldn't bend like that.

But, we must understand in which way the motor mount bend. Is it mainly on one side, in this case the motor should be hold to stop moving up or down or on the sides. Or the motor mount is bent with the same angle on both sides in the same way, in this case it could be bent by the weight of the motor mainly on hard landing on the front end of the car. In this case, something just behind the motor should prevent this.
True my friend it bends where the motor is only
When i put the motor plate on top of the motor its not completly flat still bended somehow but better than before
Nvm now its almost flat like new securings the motor seems to be the solution and not the motor mount itself the motor being larger and heavier than the 3s one makes more sense why it bends more easily in those rigs

Last edited:
I just saw a reply from someone on the forum about the arrma and HR adjustable motor mount and he bended both.. i will try the 3d pring thing to prevent the motor from moving
Hee goes all my hopes down the drain then

Do you have the files for the 3d printed part for the motor? Did it resolve your issue?
I don’t think the filament I have will work well for the rear motor mount idea. It is too brittle and it also makes the motor hotter. It needs to be a metal piece to dissipate heat as well as hold the can. I think this is a job for a machinist, which I’m not.

If you watch my Kraton 4s BMX track video, I lawn darted it hard enough to break the rod end off the center brace as well as bend it. The motor mount (stock) was perfectly flat. If you are constantly bending mounts, maybe you might not want to be sending your truck. The skill level just isn't there just yet. You must be pile driving the truck into the ground.

If you watch my Kraton 4s BMX track video, I lawn darted it hard enough to break the rod end off the center brace as well as bend it. The motor mount (stock) was perfectly flat. If you are constantly bending mounts, maybe you might not want to be sending your truck. The skill level just isn't there just yet. You must be pile driving the truck into the ground.
My suggestion was going to be to stop nose diving.

I gotta say that my level of driving has GOT to be the WORST in the world. Lawn darts are half of my landings. Like I said, I’ve only been able to bend one motor mount and that was a head on pole crash during a speed run at 45mph. That crash was understandable as far as damage.

Last week I destroyed a chassis doing lawn darts on my Typhon (the final straw was a rear landing). Just tore it down last night and replaced the chassis. The motor mount was perfectly straight. The tie rods and a-arms are all crooked as sh!t, so those were addressed too. At least the RPM arms didn’t break. They are just warped all to hell. Swapped them side to side and hope that straightens them.

I gotta say that my level of driving has GOT to be the WORST in the world. Lawn darts are half of my landings. Like I said, I’ve only been able to bend one motor mount and that was a head on pole crash during a speed run at 45mph. That crash was understandable as far as damage.

Last week I destroyed a chassis doing lawn darts on my Typhon (the final straw was a rear landing). Just tore it down last night and replaced the chassis. The motor mount was perfectly straight. The tie rods and a-arms are all crooked as sh!t, so those were addressed too. At least the RPM arms didn’t break. They are just warped all to hell. Swapped them side to side and hope that straightens them.
I just boiled mine for 5 min then made em straight then ran cold water over them like Rpm said to do and they are flat now.

I just boiled mine for 5 min then made em straight then ran cold water over them like Rpm said to do and they are flat now.
I have a spare set that I am probably going to boil and set. Then I can replace the noodle ones and boil them too.

Idk why mine bends so easy like i said i only nose landed once yesterday
Maybe if you nose land on grass it wont cause any issues
Oh I’ve nose landed everywhere I run. Pavement, rocks, dirt, grass, you name it. I’ve lawn darted from at least 15ft, but probably 20+ft off my ramp. The full speed grass jumps I was doing last week claimed two a-arms back to back on the Kraton plus a Typhon chassis. No motor mounts harmed. As soon as I get my arms, the Kraton is going back to that hill will Backflips on. I may use the ramp instead for jumping because the face of that grass hill isn’t flat and linear. It has ripples and I’m pretty sure they ripped my arms, not so much the landings.

Oh I’ve nose landed everywhere I run. Pavement, rocks, dirt, grass, you name it. I’ve lawn darted from at least 15ft, but probably 20+ft off my ramp. The full speed grass jumps I was doing last week claimed two a-arms back to back on the Kraton plus a Typhon chassis. No motor mounts harmed. As soon as I get my arms, the Kraton is going back to that hill will Backflips on. I may use the ramp instead for jumping because the face of that grass hill isn’t flat and linear. It has ripples and I’m pretty sure they ripped my arms, not so much the landings.
Maybe i should remove the chassi brace then idk razor spoke about is chassi brace being rigid somehow and not allowing any flex

Maybe i should remove the chassi brace then idk razor spoke about is chassi brace being rigid somehow and not allowing any flex
I have mine on still. However, I don’t know if this matters, but mine is on backwards. ??‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back