Infraction My way too expensive limitless build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TooManyHobbies

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 8S
I haven't gotten a chance to get out and run my limitless yet as I want to wait til my reciever comes in to really open it up, but I figured that I might as well make a build log and update as I run it.

Parts list
-TP4070 CM 2200Kv motor w/ dual fans and heatsink.
-Hexfly Max6 equivalent ESC( May go Max5 in the future)
-R334SBS reciever in it at the moment, but I'm probably gonna wait for my R614FS to arrive so I can use the FASST protocol.
-Traxxas 330 servo(Replacing w/ Futaba ASAP)
-GRP S7's as I live in Texas, so it's hot and not the best roads.
-Delta Plastik Jag XRS body. I'm hoping the rear wheels don't rub the body. I used some gaffers tape to cover the high points at the rear of the body so air doesn't get trapped and slow the car down. Running no rear wing for now, may get something in the future.
-Front air dams to keep air out of the front of the body.
-Futaba GYC441 gyro, may or may not use it, but it's there.
-Ripple Killer 8S cap pack
-Futaba T7PXR Radio
-Infraction side skirts with body locks are on the way as well. I'm hoping they fit the body pretty well and keep even more air out of the body

I cut the super long front splitter down to just about even with the body and kept the body slightly longer than normal so when clipped in place, it seals against what's left of the splitter

With my current gearing, my estimated top speed according to RC Car GearCalc Android app is 199 MPH(Obviously nowhere near accurate as it doesn't account for any weight, road conditions, etc..)

I'll start off using a pair of SMC Racing 4S Graphene Extreme V2 120C batteries. May swap over to a single 160C 6S battery, we'll see.

Hopefully have an update soon with a GPS tracked run. If you've made it this far, you deserve an award for patience for reading all of that. Here's some pics as it sits
20200903_201654.jpg
20200903_201517.jpg
20200903_201503.jpg
1599183442177403779828011756610.jpg

Just ran it for the 1st time. Gyro is coming out immediately. Damn thing was trying to kill me before I could touch 50 mph
Yep. Same here. Never found it anything but hurtful.

That first crash, i had mine yesterday. Tyre blew. Dirt everywhere like yours, but no real damage other than some 3d printed parts.

don't you think that esc will hold you back? I have the same motor and it easily pulls double the amps a max6 can deliver, even a max5 will still limit you. And since you do have the batteries to hit 130+mph, why not give it the ampflow the motor wants?

That first crash, i had mine yesterday. Tyre blew. Dirt everywhere like yours, but no real damage other than some 3d printed parts.

don't you think that esc will hold you back? I have the same motor and it easily pulls double the amps a max6 can deliver, even a max5 will still limit you. And since you do have the batteries to hit 130+mph, why not give it the ampflow the motor wants?
I will eventually, but right now it's good for a few runs before it's hot.

I lied, lol. Just ordered an Alien Power Systems 300A ESC. Unfortunately it's on backorder at the moment, then I'll have to wait for the shipping from Europe. Definitely gonna have to make room for it as it's huge

I have the 400A version (as OEM branded as Flier) which i use on one of my boats. Decent esc, too bad it doesn't have telemetry logging though, like the mamba xlx for example. Then again thats twice the price...

Pretty much all ready to go again! Ended up with just a new bumper and a fresh set of tires as I want them even after ruining 2 in the crash. Had to repair and reinforce the body with jb weld(Highly recommend) Infraction side skirts with body locks also came in. I did order a Toyota GT1 body for it as well because the cracks bother the heck out of me. My Alien 300A esc is still on backorder atm unfortunately. Already recieved my Castle BEC and castle link to go with it
20200917_183804.jpg
20200917_183838.jpg
20200917_183848.jpg

Last edited:
Highly recommend cranking down these pre-load collars:

View attachment 100419

You don't want the rear to squat at all. It will pitch the front up, catch air, and go flying....
Will do as soon as I'm home from work. Wasn't much of an issue in my shakedown crash.(lol) I do have it the front sitting around 2-2.5mm lower than the rear to help as well

Going to run it again tomorrow. It's definitely not as clean as before, but it should be better than before now that I've got the infraction side skirts on.

I'm just gonna send it with the front splitter on and not cut it down as my new body should be here tomorrow and I want it cut even with that one. Body isn't quite long enough on the side to fully lock in to the body locks,(about 2/3 back slightly flares out) but I figure the faster it goes, the air should force the body into them.

Will update tomorrow, hopefully not with another crash this time.
20200920_103409.jpg
20200920_103429.jpg

Aaaaannnndd it's gonna have to wait a week. It was drizzling and gusting wind @ 20mph. After wrecking it in good conditions, I'm not taking the chance running it in bad ones. Gonna just take it to the hobby shop to show the guys and run the batteries down some

Aaaaannnndd it's gonna have to wait a week. It was drizzling and gusting wind @ 20mph. After wrecking it in good conditions, I'm not taking the chance running it in bad ones. Gonna just take it to the hobby shop to show the guys and run the batteries down some

Be real careful. My experience has been that my speedrun cars are attracted to curbs in parking lots!
They don't turn well I guess...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back