Infraction My way too expensive limitless build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be real careful. My experience has been that my speedrun cars are attracted to curbs in parking lots!
They don't turn well I guess...
Or corn fields... or bean fields... or ditches full of water. Don’t ask how I know. ??‍♂️

Going to run it again tomorrow. It's definitely not as clean as before, but it should be better than before now that I've got the infraction side skirts on.

I'm just gonna send it with the front splitter on and not cut it down as my new body should be here tomorrow and I want it cut even with that one. Body isn't quite long enough on the side to fully lock in to the body locks,(about 2/3 back slightly flares out) but I figure the faster it goes, the air should force the body into them.

Will update tomorrow, hopefully not with another crash this time.
View attachment 100886View attachment 100887
I really like your JAG body!!! Working on my Toyota GT 1 body from Delta Plastik! Just need to punch out my body post and this body will be ready for some masking and paint.

Body update #2.jpeg

Well, the Alien Esc is gonna be on it's way this coming week, but that is probably gonna end up sitting until I get a second limitless because I also just ordered an XLX2(Also on backorder) for this car

Welp, might as well give an update on the car. Got my XLX2 this weekend and got her all prepped and ready to go for next monday(Weather permitting). I'll just say, I really wish the Kraton 8S had a reciever box this big for all the wires, lol.View attachment 111882
Looks sick brother, I love the side skirts. Make sure you let us know your times and PB?

They're infraction side skirts with body locks. They fit great and not having to worry about air getting under the body on the sides is nice. Not the cheapest($50 on ebay), but they're very sturdy and functiona
I would buy a pair but I don't do many speed runs with my #v2 Infraction so it would make no sense to grab a set! I am more of a street bashers and race on an Oval track every weekend w/ @jkflow & I. Here is one of the first videos we made from this location..

Filmed by @Uplift-RC :

Filmed by @jkflow:

I have the 400A version (as OEM branded as Flier) which i use on one of my boats. Decent esc, too bad it doesn't have telemetry logging though, like the mamba xlx for example. Then again thats twice the price...

I'm currently looking at the 300A version myself, think that would suffice with a TP4070CM?

I'm currently looking at the 300A version myself, think that would suffice with a TP4070CM?
In the meantime I have acquired an XLX2 and if you are a bit serious (your 4070CM says so), unless your CM is a 1800/1400kv which you run wanna on 10-12S, there is no other viable option than the XLX2...

Honestly, seeing as you're in KC, I'd go with the XLX2 like @rotauq said. If something were to go wrong with either ESC, you're gonna have a way easier time trying to warranty through Castle than Alien. Price difference ends up being $50 w/shipping from Europe. The XLX2 is supposed to handle over 500A, so it'd be plenty

Honestly, seeing as you're in KC, I'd go with the XLX2 like @rotauq said. If something were to go wrong with either ESC, you're gonna have a way easier time trying to warranty through Castle than Alien. Price difference ends up being $50 w/shipping from Europe. The XLX2 is supposed to handle over 500A, so it'd be plenty

Really? The spec sheet I seen on the XLX2 was only 200A. I mean either way I'll be waiting on the esc regardless

A buddy of mine got clobbered by a Kyosho Vanning 1/8th scale gas buggy that was doing about 50MPH. Broke his left shin......NOT a good day!
When I wrecked mine, it shot between about a 4 foot gap between me and my car. It spun on a dime, caught air going backwards, and flew through the gap pretty much vertical. If it had hit me, I'd for sure have had at the very least a broken right leg

When I wrecked mine, it shot between about a 4 foot gap between me and my car. It spun on a dime, caught air going backwards, and flew through the gap pretty much vertical. If it had hit me, I'd for sure have had at the very least a broken right leg

Oh, yeah.....a 10 pound car going almost 100MPH packs a lot of kinetic energy! It's why I got rid of my BLX speed controller. It had really poopy brakes compared to either of my Castle controllers. There's a lot of situations where really good brakes might not help, like getting airborne or hitting low-traction surfaces, but I feel more confident driving it now.

Still looking for a good place to let 'er rip!

That single front body mount hold the gt body down pretty solid, or is going dual infraction style mounts better?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back