Big Rock My Wheels Come off. Can you help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh i'm sorry, i linked the wrong video. This is the video that i meant to paste..

The parts came today and i've just fixed it ! Feel like an RC god now lol. Was intimidating just because first time ever done it but watching the above video was a great help. Taking the read bumper off and attaching the new arm and fixed shock was easy.

The new arm is a stock big rock arm off ebay, as the RPM ones were out of stock everywhere. In the future, if i break another, should i go with the plastic rpm arm or aluminium ones ?
Aluminum ones will snap your chassis. Go RPM. Waaaaay worth it. Backorder them. You wont regret it. I haven't snapped one or broke one. They just flex really easily upon impact and don't snap. I hit a 20lb metal trike at ~50mph, or full speed, nothing broken. Just a ziptie snapped and the outer hub pin thingy holding the hub on popped out. One end was popped out and on top of where it was supposed to go. Stock arm would have shattered into at least 3 pieces.

These are available and in stock online.

Front RPM arms

Rear RPM arms

My opinion for what it’s worth.
Plastic flexes. Aluminium bends and stays bent. And it doesn’t like being bent back. Also transfers strain to next link in the chain. I’d expect more broken bits with aluminium arms.
Really ! For the price i presumed it was 10x better. Whats the point in it then? Looks nice i guess.

Oh i'm sorry, i linked the wrong video. This is the video that i meant to paste..

Nice, yeah that video is not too bad. 😀

Another massive vote for Rpm arms on the Big Rock. I had an awful 10 metre cartwheel at the park midweek when I hit a partially obscured tree branch at full speed. My Big Rock just laughed it off and wheelied into the sunset.
I’d broken my stock arms with a much lighter impact at slower speed, soon after purchase. I notice all the big uk hobby shops are showing the same date so just get added to the back order and you’ll be sorted soon enough.

I did fix my rear arms from two pieces,and have a 1 hour test on max speed.
Works fine.

IMG-20210410-WA0001.jpeg

IMG-20210410-WA0003.jpeg

Try the RPM arms should hold up.little better. And bit of advice boil them for 30 minutes as well. Little tip from @SrC !
What does boiling do? I’ve heard it mentioned more then once but unsure of why.

What does boiling do? I’ve heard it mentioned more then once but unsure of why.
Helps with the flex a bit. I do it to all my rpm stuff and thus far none has broken (knock on wood) was told to me by another member who swears by it so tried it and thus far been great. And I am not easy on my rigs at all. Hard basher so I'm going to say it works at least a bit. Lol

Helps with the flex a bit. I do it to all my rpm stuff and thus far none has broken (knock on wood) was told to me by another member who swears by it so tried it and thus far been great. And I am not easy on my rigs at all. Hard basher so I'm going to say it works at least a bit. LoHow long? And a full rolling boilThen air cool? I appreciate your responding well
Helps with the flex a bit. I do it to all my rpm stuff and thus far none has broken (knock on wood) was told to me by another member who swears by it so tried it and thus far been great. And I am not easy on my rigs at all. Hard basher so I'm going to say it works at least a bit. Lol
How long do you boil them for? Is it a full rolling boil and then air cool?
Thanks for responding, appreciate it.

How long do you boil them for? Is it a full rolling boil and then air cool?
Thanks for responding, appreciate it.
I boil.mine for 25 minutes or so and yeah its almost a rolling. Hit thst then turn down ever so slightly is what I do and then yes just air dry and should be good to go! No problem brother ! Will always help if I am able to!

I boil.mine for 25 minutes or so and yeah its almost a rolling. Hit thst then turn down ever so slightly is what I do and then yes just air dry and should be good to go! No problem brother ! Will always help if I am able to!
Greatly appreciated!

Sorry, noob here. Just clipped my back wheel on the fence and its come off. Could you tell me what part names i need to look for?

View attachment 137929
Looks like the top of the shock has broken off from the screw that attaches to the car. Also the arm that attaches to the car has snapped off also.
Considering i need new parts. Is there an upgraded set of parts i should buy, rather than stock replacement? Only ever replaced a Servo, so im a noob sorry. Will look at tutorial videos once i know the name of the parts i need to look up etc. Thanks
If you have V3 Big Rock Crew Cab:

- AR330517
- https://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/a-arms/rear-a-arms/rear-a-arms-for-the-arrma-typhon-4x4-3s-blx/
- Replacement shock oil. Refill both rear, go for preference or if you want to stay close to stock go for 40wt.
https://www.amazon.com/Team-Associa...0+wt+silicone+shock+oil&qid=1620413619&sr=8-4

Ive nose dived, smacked and cartwheeled my Senton 3s so badly and so often and usually on pavement that I've damn near broke every part multiple times. But there are two parts that have only broken once. The stock arms, broke off a rear and cracked a front. Which were replaced with RPMs that defy and taunt me with their refusal to break. The boiling makes sense but going to point out I didn't know of it then and didn't boil mine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back