Mysterious Arrma communication! Is this it?? Get ready.... No Mojave for me just yet.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A reborn Nero would be my biased guess.

There is some good logic behind it though.

The Nero name is still sacred, while the Fazon and Big Rock belong to different chassis now. That tells me the Nero is coming back, I hope. My biased fanboyizm says Arrma will do whatever it takes to stay true to the original chassis design, all while staying away from the Traxxas patent trolls*

Its also no mystery whatsoever that the Arrma Army here wants an Xmaxx killer. What isn't known, is how much Arrma ended up chewing in manufacturing cost on such a short lived production run of the Nero. That loss, I feel, won't soon be forgotten.

* From what I understand, only 10% needs changed from a pattent for it to be legally re-created without penalty.
If someone has come close to infringing on your patent, then it's your right to defend it. Leaving it up to the courts to determine what that 10% means, and halting production/sales of the possible infringer untill the court has made its decision.

To reintroduce the Nero would be no small feat and not without considerable risk...But honestly, nothing would open my wallet quicker.

A reborn Nero would be my biased guess.

There is some good logic behind it though.

The Nero name is still sacred, while the Fazon and Big Rock belong to different chassis now. That tells me the Nero is coming back, I hope. My biased fanboyizm says Arrma will do whatever it takes to stay true to the original chassis design, all while staying away from the Traxxas patent trolls*

Its also no mystery whatsoever that the Arrma Army here wants an Xmaxx killer. What isn't known, is how much Arrma ended up chewing in manufacturing cost on such a short lived production run of the Nero. That loss, I feel, won't soon be forgotten.

* From what I understand, only 10% needs changed from a pattent for it to be legally re-created without penalty.
If someone has come close to infringing on your patent, then it's your right to defend it. Leaving it up to the courts to determine what that 10% means, and halting production/sales of the possible infringer untill the court has made its decision.

To reintroduce the Nero would be no small feat and not without considerable risk...But honestly, nothing would open my wallet quicker.
If they brought back the Nero I am 99.99999999999999999999999999999% sure it will not have cantilever suspension. The Traxxas patent covers the geometry at which the cantilever works, and that geometry just so happens to be the best setup for offroad use. It would take far too much time and effort to find a better way to mount the cantilevers to work properly in an off road setup.

If they brought back the Nero I am 99.99999999999999999999999999999% sure it will not have cantilever suspension. The Traxxas patent covers the geometry at which the cantilever works, and that geometry just so happens to be the best setup for offroad use. It would take far too much time and effort to find a better way to mount the cantilevers to work properly in an off road setup.
Well, if they figured out a way, but captured both sides of the rocker, it would be a nice improvement. I bend rocker posts on my revo's if I look at them funny. Really bad on my ERBEv2 as I air it out like my outcast. Too bad lunsford quit making them and noone offers anything either.

74229511_10216943142225702_1289178702122319872_n.jpg

Is this it? I think thats very likeley. The texture on the back of the body is the same as in the Kraton , A arms look like on the Mojave and wing and body clip retainers are clearly Arrma. But I hope that they also release a Outcast version of it.

I have a guess as to what the teaser this morning will be. What if they just give us the scale? For example the teaser starts with the word "1/10th?", then 1/8th?, 1/7th?, then it either stops at 1/6th or 1/5th. That would at least give us the size and still leave a lot to speculate on. Anyway thats my guess. We shall see in about 7 hours!!

I don't know the background on this, but noticed Ofna had it on their DM1 road car.
Maybe this was another RC company Traxxas squashed

ofna dm1.JPG

Is ARRMA starting to distribute the new 11/21 release to RC YouTube producers? He implies that he has one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back