Kraton Nasty noise from center differential

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Ktc888, I agree with the above. FastEddyBearings, Boca, and Avid all make high-quality bearings at a very reasonable price.
Jim's makes some good kits. I've had a set of his bearings in my Outcast for about a year now.

Think I'm going to replace my front input gear. Could you advise me if this will fit the kraton. It's the only one in stock from my nearest hobbie store. The stock one is out of stock

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-12-04-14-51-04.png
    Screenshot_2018-12-04-14-51-04.png
    384.9 KB · Views: 38
Really stuck now. Not a clue. Here is a new update if anyone has any more options please let me no
I'm really thinking about just driving it till it gives up that way I will no what's causing it

Something is causing the ring and pinion gears to not mesh properly. If the teeth are fine then the fitment between the two is whack. Did you ever check the big shim that goes around the out drive on the ring side of the diff? That pushes the ring gear closer to the pinion. Sometimes you need more than the stock one that comes on the truck. You might also want to check the bulkhead to see if it is cracked. You can also check the bulkhead cover. If those 4 screws that hold it on get stripped, the cover will loosen and cause the diff to back out enough to cause a slip. Something is definitely wrong.

I am following this thread closely, I am so intrigued and a bit nervous now with these cars.

Right.. after 2 days of buying new parts and many hours work. I THINK it's the front bulkhead. Bicketybam I think your 100% right. When throttle applied I can see 1 corner of the case rising, although the case does have all screws in.

I have tried tightening them abit more but just keep spinning, next question should be is there anyway to get those screws tight again while waiting on a new case?

Not to hijack this thread, I am just very interested. I would like to rebuild my trucks from the ground up but it seems like this troubleshooting is quite challenging

I run hr bulkheads/cases with hr diff cups and shimmed for all 3x diffs. Also hr center motor mount/top/front brace. Keeps things tight and secure.

Not to hijack this thread, I am just very interested. I would like to rebuild my trucks from the ground up but it seems like this troubleshooting is quite challenging
It's easier than troubleshooting a real car.

I use this site due to being new to rc. People on here are very helpful, every issue I have has been resolved on here.

If I was 100% clued up like a lot of people I would of probably diognosed this a lot quicker. I'm not 100% sure that this is the issue but always worth a try. Experience comes with time and help

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back