Kraton Nasty noise from center differential

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run hr bulkheads/cases with hr diff cups and shimmed for all 3x diffs. Also hr center motor mount/top/front brace. Keeps things tight and secure.
Well this new case I have recently fitted was just a stock. I would say around 3 weeks old, don't think I would buy another one due to this being the second one in a month and half. Need something a bit stronger, will be looking into these hr ones as I see a lot of people talking about them.

Not to hijack this thread, I am just very interested. I would like to rebuild my trucks from the ground up but it seems like this troubleshooting is quite challenging

This hobby isn’t for everyone. There’s way more to it than just pressing the go trigger.

Can you swap the motor? I think it sounds like bad cogging. It sounds just like if I were to slowly roll my Kraton around on the floor without power. It could be either motor or esc especially now that you have inspected the mechanical side of the drivetrain.

Edit-If you can’t swap the motor try lowering the punch setting all the way and see if it still does it.

Can you swap the motor? I think it sounds like bad cogging. It sounds just like if I were to slowly roll my Kraton around on the floor without power. It could be either motor or esc especially now that you have inspected the mechanical side of the drivetrain.

Edit-If you can’t swap the motor try lowering the punch setting all the way and see if it still does it.
If it is the motor it will be going back. It's only a month and a half old lol

That's what I thought. I highly doubt it's the motor. I wouldn't worry about that.
No I still think it's the bulkhead as I can see it trying to push the screw out. Going to get some new screws in a bit so will give it a try. Can't understand why it's doing it tho because it's a new case and I have to bolt the screws up so tight it's unbelievable. Just to stop the gear pushing forward

No I still think it's the bulkhead as I can see it trying to push the screw out. Going to get some new screws in a bit so will give it a try. Can't understand why it's doing it tho because it's a new case and I have to bolt the screws up so tight it's unbelievable. Just to stop the gear pushing forward
I brought yesterday a new input gear and new rubber sealed bearings

The bulkhead cover screws screw into the plastic bulkhead housing. You can only get them so tight before they strip out the hole. It's not like screwing into metal like the motor mount screws. You will know when one is stripped when you can just keep turning it and it never gets tighter.....it just spins. If that's the case, the hole is stripped and you only have a few options: new bulkhead or maybe some CA glue in the stripped hole. If all 4 screws are as tight as you say, then I don't see how the cover could be backing out.

Since you rebuilt to the truck after that nasty crash, have you had any other significant frontal impacts? Also, did you replace the chassis after that first crash? I can't remember.

1 screw in the bulkhead won't tighten that's why the corner is popping forward yes your right it's just spinning. I haven't had any more issues or crashes since that one.

1 screw in the bulkhead won't tighten that's why the corner is popping forward yes your right it's just spinning. I haven't had any more issues or crashes since that one.

I made a video for you:

Check that out and see if it helps. First time I’ve ever done one, lol, so bear with me. Also, I’m am keenly aware of my NY accent ? I’m sure someone was going to say something!

Also I forgot to mention, I do not screw the bulkhead cover all the way down with my power driver. I get in 3/4 of the way and then hand tighten so I don’t strip out the hole.

I made a video for you:

Check that out and see if it helps. First time I’ve ever done one, lol, so bear with me. Also, I’m am keenly aware of my NY accent ? I’m sure someone was going to say something!

Also I forgot to mention, I do not screw the bulkhead cover all the way down with my power driver. I get in 3/4 of the way and then hand tighten so I don’t strip out the hole.
Thanks for that really appriciate it. First of all I have shimmed the side your telling me to. Secondly the bulkhead screws are in nice and tight now.

Now I have sorted these little issues I am finding that the noise isn't so in your face but unfortunately it's still there. I'm knock in my head against a brick wall.

Really thinking about running the car until it completely damages whatever is causing it. Then just replace whatever is damaged.

I no this sound very silly and stupid but I'm fed up with it now

Awesome

I made a video for you:

Been for a street run, although noise is still there but not that bad car ran great.

Back out in a bit to hit some jumps, wish me luck lol

Been for a street run, although noise is still there but not that bad car ran great.

Back out in a bit to hit some jumps, wish me luck lol

Is it slipping like before? Will it wheelie/turtle onto its back from a dead stop?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back