Nb4 throttle timing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshludden

Thai guy in Iowa
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
Good evening arrma fam!!!! I finally got some 8mm pinions in today & the Toe Cutter is all ready to go😃🤘. Waiting for some warmer weather to give er hell. My 1st half a dozen or so runs w/ the new setup have been all trigger finger so I haven't really used all of the nb4's potential yet.
My question is this- is there any way to abort a run if something goes wrong or if something doesn't feel right? (like me chickening out😆) Or will it just continue on to 100% throttle? Can I just hit the brakes & have the car slow down to start over?
Also, my gear calculator says w/ this setup I should get about 130 & that's a pretty big jump from the 107 I did w/ the old setup. Could I just limit throttle w/ the nb4 as well, using the throttle endpoints then work my way up to 100%? I also have the b-link thingy too, but I think it would be easier just to use the nb4. I really appreciate any guidance you speed runners could throw my way 🙂
Running a single 6s 90c 8000mah cnhl to an xlx2. Tp 4060cm 2610kv w/ gp5 diffs f/r & 24t/34t center spool

20221006_183147.jpg

Screenshot_20221006-211109.jpg

I can't say anything to the NB4, but one thing I would recommend is straightening out your front wheels. On the picture it looks like you have a good amount of toe-out which will make your steering a lot more sensitive. By giving it 0.5° of toe-in, you'll slow down the steering response and it will have the added benefit of stabilizing the car and keeping it on track. Just a thought :)

I can't say anything to the NB4, but one thing I would recommend is straightening out your front wheels. On the picture it looks like you have a good amount of toe-out which will make your steering a lot more sensitive. By giving it 0.5° of toe-in, you'll slow down the steering response and it will have the added benefit of stabilizing the car and keeping it on track. Just a thought :)
I had to do a double take when I looked @ the pic!! 😄Must just be the way the camera took the picture cuz I do have them @ 0° atm. Thanks for looking out bro😍

I had to do a double take when I looked @ the pic!! 😄Must just be the way the camera took the picture cuz I do have them @ 0° atm. Thanks for looking out bro😍
lol, then you're good to go. Yeah, pictures are wonky sometimes.

Must be using a fisheye lense 👀
Don't know anything about the NB4 but simply plug in a servo or swap ESC with steering and give it a try.

It should abort as soon as you hit the reverse/break.

Channel speed on the noble will cut out throttle as soon as you lift the trigger. Just like when you let go otherwise. No need to apply brake unless you feel it necessary.

Channel speed on the noble will cut out throttle as soon as you lift the trigger. Just like when you let go otherwise. No need to apply brake unless you feel it necessary.
Awesome man, that's exactly what I was hoping for!! I just didn't want to set it up for 5 or 6 seconds & have a car pull out onto my road with my car just steamrolling towards them!! Thank you 😀👍

Awesome man, that's exactly what I was hoping for!! I just didn't want to set it up for 5 or 6 seconds & have a car pull out onto my road with my car just steamrolling towards them!! Thank you 😀👍
No problem dude! Think I had mine set to about 5-6 seconds too.
Good luck homie! 🤙

I set mine to 7.8 to 8.8 but as someone else said. It ramps up. But anytime that you let up it stops.. hard to explain. But if you need a video. I can make one tomorrow
To add to this. If you let off and then get back on it, it does NOT resume where you left off. The timer starts all over again.

To add to this. If you let off and then get back on it, it does NOT resume where you left off. The timer starts all over again.
Thank you, that's great to know. I think that I'd run out of road in a hurry!!

Thank you, that's great to know. I think that I'd run out of road in a hurry!!
I have a love hate relationship with the timer function. When used the logs show just how well it works. The part I hate is not knowing exactly when I’m at full throttle like when I just use my finger.

I have found my sweet spot between 7-9 seconds usually. Alot of it depends on your road. If you cannot reach full throttle by the 8 seconds then you need to turn it down shorter.

I really wish you could mix throttle curves/expo with the timer. I tried it yesterday and no such luck. I wanted to see if you could make it accelerate aggressively initially and then slow it down toward the end to reduce amps. That is reserved for the pros with a trigger finger with years of experience.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back