Kraton necessary upgrades for k4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
so im tyred of fixing my k4s from broken parts. (WHO THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO BUT PLASTIC DIFFERENTIALS IN THIS!!?!?!)
anyways im looking for aluminium parts. i was thinking aluminium front and rear differentials and lower shock mounts. is there anything else i should get?
also i reversed the kraton at 50 punch and it snaked around so is there something wrong with the front tyres?

so im tyred of fixing my k4s from broken parts. (WHO THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO BUT PLASTIC DIFFERENTIALS IN THIS!!?!?!)
anyways im looking for aluminium parts. i was thinking aluminium front and rear differentials and lower shock mounts. is there anything else i should get?
also i reversed the kraton at 50 punch and it snaked around so is there something wrong with the front tyres?
Not sure my K6s would swerve around in reverse. (I assume that's what you mean by snaked around??) Not sure for aluminum diff though as I don't own a k4s.

They all do that in reverse due to the toe out on the front tires.

My typhon does that, even though I made the toe out less aggressive. 🤷‍♂️

I would get the arrma metal diffs and yolks(~$125-$150 full set front and rear), or the hot racing metal diffs and yolks(~$200 full set front and rear).

They all do that in reverse due to the toe out on the front tires.
Toe out or due to significant castor as it is negative while in reverse? While reversing, the rear tires are the "front" are toe out just like going forward, and the fronts are "rear" with toe in, just like going forward.

Toe out or due to significant castor as it is negative while in reverse? While reversing, the rear tires are the "front" are toe out just like going forward, and the fronts are "rear" with toe in, just like going forward.
This is true, but your rear tires that are toe in while going forward are not wobbly (no left and right steering allowed). When reversing your front tires that are traditionally toe out going forwards are now toe in and this causes them to wobble, against the will of the servo and servo saver. That's my theory anyway.

This is true, but your rear tires that are toe in while going forward are not wobbly (no left and right steering allowed). When reversing your front tires that are traditionally toe out going forwards are now toe in and this causes them to wobble, against the will of the servo and servo saver. That's my theory anyway.
It doesn't matter if you are going forwards or backwards imo, your toe is the same "hourglass" as seen from above. Would be fairly easy to test, however. Run some decent toe in on the front and go forwards

It doesn't matter if you are going forwards or backwards imo, your toe is the same "hourglass" as seen from above. Would be fairly easy to test, however. Run some decent toe in on the front and go forwards
thats the thing though ive run it on the lawn all the time. when the reverse function would actually work, it would never snake around.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back