Need a bench vise and don't want to spend much $ Here's what I'm thinking:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what I did to a small but good vice for loosening the bbl nuts on an AR15. I do this with a lot of stuff so it takes up little room and can be put away when not in use. I use deep clamps and have never had any trouble. Taking a bbl nut loose is a HEAVY strain and this handled it fine.

All of it came from Lowes Hardware and was well under $100.00. The vice is bolted with flange/blind/lock nuts underneath the 2X6 and I'vw even used it to hold mower bladea for sharpening.

View attachment 39720View attachment 39721View attachment 39722View attachment 39723

I like the idea of mounting it to a big board.

Right now I'm going D'OH! and slapping my head for not thinking of doing it. I'm tight on garage space, and bolting a vise down on my small workbench would just take up too much space.
Personally I wouldn't waste my time or money on the cheap Lowes and Home Depot stuff. Head over to Craigslist and find yourself an older Wilton, Reed, or Prentiss.

I was going to suggest craigslist. I've gotten some amazing deals on there.....

This is what I'm planning to get.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LPFITWA/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_6?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back