Need a bit of help with getting something printed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exc3l

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
Aight guys just bout to get something printed. I need help with what Material I should use. PLA or PVA? Here's what Im up to. Changed @suchtragedy 's design a bit.
1614991413520.png

For wings I usually use CF/Nylon. I have made rc parts out of ABS or PETG+ that are holding up pretty well, PLA tends to get maliable in the hot sun. Once in a great while I use HTPLA but its not really strong until you bake it and it tends to warp a little and shrink so adjustments in the slicer need to be made to compensate. Side note I made a mount and wing for my big rock out of TPU that is holding up exponentially better than I thought it would.

For wings I usually use CF/Nylon. I have made rc parts out of ABS or PETG+ that are holding up pretty well, PLA tends to get maliable in the hot sun. Once in a great while I use HTPLA but its not really strong until you bake it and it tends to warp a little and shrink so adjustments in the slicer need to be made to compensate. Side note I made a mount and wing for my big rock out of TPU that is holding up exponentially better than I thought it would.
I print a lot in tpu. Ninja armadillo is great for rc type parts. Btw welcome fellow michigander

PLA and less infill, as it will break at the mount points due to weight

Can you share a little more about armadillo? Why is it good for RC parts? I’m curious about it’s so expensive that I’m hesitant.
I got some. It isn't. Too brittle. Not even sure how it is called a tpu 🤔

I printed something similar to that for my Typhon. For testing I used PETG.
When it was all done and said I went a different direction.
PETG will be a good material however something with a Nylon base would be
your best bet especially if you are planning a Speed run vehicle with the F1 style front like above.
I would personally not go less than 50% infill if you expect it to survive a direct blow.
That part depending on settings could take up to 12 or more hours to print if you want a good solid end result.
TPU....TPU would take the smack much better and likely would not tear or separate depending on the level of crash.
Again it depends on the settings, when I do TPU for Quad parts I (personally) use 60% or more infill, just me.
No matter what you stick on the front its eventually going to break :)
Depending on your vehicle there are F1 types on eBay that are metal but like I mentioned what ever
you use will end up getting blasted at some point.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back