Need a DX5C Knob...I broke it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Fam

Been my day good bash but one puffed battery and now I just broke the knob on my DX5C. Luckily that's all that broke it fell right on the knob when it dropped.

What I do not know if I can order a new know does that circle disc with the square come with a new knob? Damnit I cannot find the "exact" knob i have. I do not like the look of the replacement?

Would a replacement come with the knob and the disc?

Anyone have one to sell or trade?

I have lots of DX3, SLT3, etc radios would those even work?

Thx

1644542372255.png

I think a generic wheel comes with multiple hubs - I purchased a generic one for my DX2e and it came with a bunch of hubs for different radios. Can't guarantee it will work for the DX5C though...

Fam

Been my day good bash but one puffed battery and now I just broke the knob on my DX5C. Luckily that's all that broke it fell right on the knob when it dropped.

What I do not know if I can order a new know does that circle disc with the square come with a new knob? Damnit I cannot find the "exact" knob i have. I do not like the look of the replacement?

Would a replacement come with the knob and the disc?

Anyone have one to sell or trade?

I have lots of DX3, SLT3, etc radios would those even work?

Thx

View attachment 199335
Are you using the DX3 remotes? Just wondering because I recently fried my Kraton 6s receiver and ESC. Just thought I'd ask. Sorry about this being off topic.

Are you using the DX3 remotes? Just wondering because I recently fried my Kraton 6s receiver and ESC. Just thought I'd ask. Sorry about this being off topic.
Using DX5C...but I have two DX3 I use with other bashers not paired with the DX5C for guests and visitors to use vs mine.

Head over to thingiverse and look at the wheel that's available to print.. if you like the style of it I can print you a couple..

The other option is I can print an adapter that converts the dx5c to 12mm hex.. you can use any onroad rc rim with a 12mm hex at that point...😉

Sent you a pm too buddy..
Just let me know..👍

After waiting for days on this to get my DX5C radio back in action, I got my order from Amain. The one and only wheel that they sell is a HEX and not a square...plus the wheel is smaller. I cannot find the stock or just disc with the square for the DX5C. Did something change along the way why this is not correct?

What's in the new package but the stock has a CENTER square, not hex.

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 10.17.14 PM.png

Give me the dimension of the Hex and the original please
The square on the radio is 7.10mm and the HEX that comes with the replacement is 7mm when. I also PM a few people and those people used the original square adapter off the stock radio with the new wheel...but mine broke in half.

I am not sure if this is the new design of the new DX... radios and maybe has changed with my older model....

I just tried fitting an SLT3 wheel to the DX5C and that's a no go. :(

While they are both square interfaces, the SLT3 wheel is too small so it won't fit on the DX5C transmitter.

I'll check to see if I have anything else...

None of my other RTR Spektrum wheels fit on my DX5C. The "R" wheel might work. I would call HH to get better info on this.
There are upgrade brands that offer fancy alloy radio wheels. Some are Brand/Model specific and others have universal adapters included.
But I find that Spektrum radios are not supported well. I have searched around in regards before.
Like @Engineer stated try this. Trial and error to find the right one maybe?
But I would call HH direct first. Call their sales dept. Double check.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/spektr...ll-wheel-black-dx5c-5r-pro-6r-spm9062/p866983

Last edited:
None of my other RTR Spektrum wheels fit on my DX5C. The "R" wheel might work. I would call HH to get better info on this.
There are upgrade brands that offer fancy alloy radio wheels. Some are Brand/Model specific and others have universal adapters included.
But I find that Spektrum radios are not supported well. I have searched around in regards before.
Like @Engineer stated try this. Trial and error to find the right one maybe?
But I would call HH direct first. Call their sales dept. Double check.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/spektr...ll-wheel-black-dx5c-5r-pro-6r-spm9062/p866983

Thx Boss and that is the one I bought!

OK - I just dug out the adapters for this Integy wheel that I put on my DX2E and one of the hub adapters fits the DX5C. This might be a way to go if you can't get the OEM part from Horizon.

View attachment 200230

View attachment 200231

View attachment 200232

^^^^ agree this looks like a winner and has the color match....so never seen this before but sounds like it has the wheel center hub is square but on the outside has the screw that fits this wheel for the adapter...

OK on it!

Thx Boss and that is the one I bought!

^^^^ agree this looks like a winner and has the color match....so never seen this before but sounds like it has the wheel center hub is square but on the outside has the screw that fits this wheel for the adapter...

OK on it!

Yep, screw the adapter hub onto the transmitter with the center screw and then put the wheel on the adapter and use the “lug nuts” of the wheel to screw it to the adapter.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back