Need a DX5C Knob...I broke it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Engineer worked out like a charm. Just needed to find a very, very small washer since the center hole was a bit larger than stock for the center screw...used a 2mm nylon washer. Thx (y)

@Camaroboy383 I'm good Sir so disregard...thx as always!

1645653835696.png
1645653844952.png

Surprisingly its metal

Yes, and it looks awesome man...😎.. glad that worked out for you my man..

You know I'm always here for help my friend if you need it, @Engineer knocked this one out of the park..👍

I did this to my DX5r the other day. Adapted a touring car wheel to fit. I prefer the larger wheel and the 42 shore foam feels good in the hands.
20220224_061156.jpg

Details man! I'd like to do that with my DX5C. Not particularly fond of the stock wheel on that transmitter.
A little bit of epoxy, an unused hex extension (12mm hex, 8mm thick) from one of my crawlers, and a longer screw is all it took. The DX5r and DX5 Pro have a bit of a different shape where the wheel attaches...they use a small hex, whereas the DX5 Rugged and the DX5c use a square, but the method should be pretty much the same, as they all have the wheel backing plate (cam plate). It's important for the hex extension to have the circular base on it, as this will center the hex between the 4 little "tabs" on the wheel backer.

Drill out for larger screw
20220224_202036.jpg

12mm x 8mm hex extension for an Axial Capra. I believe this is a Treal. Again, it's important for the circular base to exist as it helps center the hex on the backing plate.
20220224_203146.jpg

Center hex extension between the 4 tabs on the backing plate and epoxy in place. Let it dry overnight...I've put a pretty good amount of torque on here and it hasn't budged...it probably won't hold up if you hulk out on it, but it will hold up to normal driving. I imagine CA glue or a good quality super glue would suffice if you don't have epoxy.
20220224_202049.jpg

Mount the backing plate to the transmitter, at which point your wheel will attach like it would to a car. I use a 1/10 touring car wheel. I prefer foam over rubber, but that's user preference. Depending on the offset of the wheel you use, your hex extension length will change (the more offset the wheel has, the less of an extension you need...this wheel has a +0 offset...if you use a +3 use a 5mm extension, and so on.
20220224_202106.jpg

Bob's your uncle. M3x12mm button head screw. An M3x10mm will work too, but I wanted a little extra thread engagement. You'll want to use a shorter screw for positive offset wheels.
20220224_203752.jpg

Same method, DX5 Rugged with a smaller 1/10 Tamiya M-Chassis wheel.
20220224_204347.jpg

Last edited:
Details man! I'd like to do that with my DX5C. Not particularly fond of the stock wheel on that transmitter.

Keep in mind his is a hex. My DX5C was a square so the common wheels or the replacement Spektrum sells did not come as a square but as a hex. This is why I started this because I was disappointed when I began to replace it to find their replacement was a hex and my remote had a square stem for the wheel.

Happy with what I had but I did need an adapter and if I used the replacement I'd still need a square to hex adapter as well.

Best of luck!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back