Need a good radio and receivers for bashing around a new build kit vehicle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can also get a Futaba 204GF-E for about $15 less than the 304SB-E.

By the way, I just made a video explaining how to figure out which receiver will work with your radio (Futaba, Sanwa, Spektrum).

By the way, I just made a video explaining how to figure out which receiver will work with your radio (Futaba, Sanwa, Spektrum).

I have one of the R204GF-E rx in my Granite that I used with my 3PV and I dislike that I have to power cycle the radio when changing to my Granite model.

I think there is a difference in the signal type? Maybe I didn’t bind it right?

Ok, on the other angle;
What's the compatibility of the TR325 receiver (no antenna) with other transmitter company?
From what I understand, the DXC5 won't fit with the TR325 (not Spectrum), but DXC5 will fit on basic SRX200 receiver. (…)

Ok, on the other angle;
What's the compatibility of the TR325 receiver (no antenna) with other transmitter company?
From what I understand, the DXC5 won't fit with the TR325 (not Spectrum), but DXC5 will fit on basic SRX200 receiver. (…)

?‍♂️
I have one of the R204GF-E rx in my Granite that I used with my 3PV and I dislike that I have to power cycle the radio when changing to my Granite model.

I think there is a difference in the signal type? Maybe I didn’t bind it right?

The 204GFE is S-FHSS, the 304SBE is T-FHSS. I don't know why the 3PV has to restart, that's weird.

Last edited:
Ok...
The Sanwa RX-82 is antenna less.
RX-482.jpg

We don't want antenna with shroud cover, (not much of guys at the track riding with loose antenna…) Like Razor said in video, the MT-S seems a pretty good pick, but $$. The RX-482 won't fit with a basic Sanwa MX-6. (from the chart)
In resume, there's Futaba, Sanwa and Spectrum with antenna less.
With Spectrum, you can use the SR-2100 with a basic DX5C (from their specs)
SPMSR2100-450.jpg

But, the receiver will cost more than the transmitter… Not sure that I want to stretch ($) for a DX6R... But, a SR2100 with a basic DXC5 could be an option for an entry level racing… Right?
note; my goodnees, the Tactic 300 is so good with build in antenna TR325... No trouble at all in anyway and some guys struggleg with Futaba at the track...

Last edited:

Excellent video RazorRC.
Slightly off topic. Can you please explain why when installing Sanwa Rx kits (RX481) there is a need to shave down the plugs of the ESC and servo to fit into the receiver? Is this a Sanwa thing, or a high end RX thing that applies to several brands?

Excellent video RazorRC.
Slightly off topic. Can you please explain why when installing Sanwa Rx kits (RX481) there is a need to shave down the plugs of the ESC and servo to fit into the receiver? Is this a Sanwa thing, or a high end RX thing that applies to several brands?

Thanks. I think that's just a Sanwa thing. Some plugs are perfect rectangles, some are angled on the corners, the Sanwa receivers are crazy tight, so yeah I shave them down.

Thanks. I think that's just a Sanwa thing. Some plugs are perfect rectangles, some are angled on the corners, the Sanwa receivers are crazy tight, so yeah I shave them down.
Thanks Razor - I've successfully installed the RX-481 into my Kraton after shaving the plugs.... and she was still a tight fit..... in retrospect, I should have shaved more off, as any future servo replacement will be a nightmare! Keep up the good videos. Subscribed. =)

Higher end Spektrum are worth considering but check receiver prices to be sure you're comfortable there too. I really like the DX5 Rugged but receiver prices scared me off.
I fly with a Spektrum DX6 and yes receiver prices are kinda out there but I use a Orange receiver if I’m not mistaken there should be a surface variant out there
I saw the receivers on the DX5 run like $80. Is there a cheaper receiver option?
Try the Orangerx receivers $20ish I fly with them lol

Still undecide on radio… :) Been overbusy on the past weeks and track reopened… o_O

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back