Limitless Need a little advice (suspension)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LicketySplit

Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Outcast 6s
So I'm setting up my new build. Shock collars for the front and rear were set at the same height (Same on rear, same on front, not the same all around). Set the initial height by using calipers to measure, measuring at the front and rear corners of the scorched chassis. Now here's where I need some advice. Once that's set I used the Raz method of lifting underneath the front and rear separately in the middle using a hex driver to make sure the tires came off the ground at the same time. They didn't so I adjusted as needed until they did. Now when the car is sitting it visibly leans to one side. I went back and forth around the car for the last couple hours and no matter what I do I can't get it level as well as get each pair of tires to come off the ground at the same time. Thanks!!

Edit: Since this is a speed run car only it has no sway bars. Figured I'd add that if it makes a difference.

So I'm setting up my new build. Shock collars for the front and rear were set at the same height (Same on rear, same on front, not the same all around). Set the initial height by using calipers to measure, measuring at the front and rear corners of the scorched chassis. Now here's where I need some advice. Once that's set I used the Raz method of lifting underneath the front and rear separately in the middle using a hex driver to make sure the tires came off the ground at the same time. They didn't so I adjusted as needed until they did. Now when the car is sitting it visibly leans to one side. I went back and forth around the car for the last couple hours and no matter what I do I can't get it level as well as get each pair of tires to come off the ground at the same time. Thanks!!

Edit: Since this is a speed run car only it has no sway bars. Figured I'd add that if it makes a difference.

Not sure if I have a good answer for you with the Infraction and not a speed car only drifting. However, I am picky on the stance and how it sits.

I saw the same but for me, it worked better for me to use a point off the chassis to measure. First I got my shock collars how I wanted it to sit but still droop has a play in that so it's really a combination. Shocks are set first. I move to the droops. For the front, I find a point off the lower arm or chassis and measure the driver's side. Then I move the passenger side and do the same with the droop adjustment. I do not even look at it when the wheels come off the ground. My focus while on the ground are both sides even by my ruler. I do the same for the rear last. Then I stand back and do a visual and adjust off that if needed by eyeball

Been happy tires wear evenly and the suspension is good. Of course, all my toe and camber have been adjusted prior to the above.

All about the ground measurement for me not lifting it. I do like what he did :)

Not sure if I have a good answer for you with the Infraction and not a speed car only drifting. However, I am picky on the stance and how it sits.

I saw the same but for me, it worked better for me to use a point off the chassis to measure. First I got my shock collars how I wanted it to sit but still droop has a play in that so it's really a combination. Shocks are set first. I move to the droops. For the front, I find a point off the lower arm or chassis and measure the driver's side. Then I move the passenger side and do the same with the droop adjustment. I do not even look at it when the wheels come off the ground. My focus while on the ground are both sides even by my ruler. I do the same for the rear last. Then I stand back and do a visual and adjust off that if needed by eyeball

Been happy tires wear evenly and the suspension is good. Of course, all my toe and camber have been adjusted prior to the above.

All about the ground measurement for me not lifting it. I do like what he did :)
Thanks. I get all that but was more wondering if I should focus more on the car being level or what since I don’t have the sway bars. My other Limitless has them and I didn’t have this issue.

Thanks. I get all that but was more wondering if I should focus more on the car being level or what since I don’t have the sway bars. My other Limitless has them and I didn’t have this issue.
Ahhh...my oversight I see now. OK. Good question see if some others chime in.

Ahhh...my oversight I see now. OK. Good question see if some others chime in.
I, unlike my car, am not Limitless. Lol. I usually try to figure stuff out for myself before posting since that’s most of the fun for me. But after spending a couple hours I figured I’d ask. I did get it pretty level and the front lifts up evenly, but not the rear.

matthew broderick school GIF

Nobody else?

matthew broderick school GIF

Nobody else?
That is the proper way to solicit more helpful responses. Not like that one new dude I saw recently that whined and complained his premium membership wasn’t worth it because nobody would pay attention to him and his rather generic build 😂
I love that movie also.

That is the proper way to solicit more helpful responses. Not like that one new dude I saw recently that whined and complained his premium membership wasn’t worth it because nobody would pay attention to him and his rather generic build 😂
I love that movie also.
Yea that’s a classic for sure. I’m gonna run it regardless. I guess if it stays on the ground and goes straight then it’s good. It’s level and when I lift the front both wheels come off the ground at the same time. Just not the rear. Im gonna be making low speed passes for awhile anyways with this car. Sometimes I hate having OCD. Lol.

Yea that’s a classic for sure. I’m gonna run it regardless. I guess if it stays on the ground and goes straight then it’s good. It’s level and when I lift the front both wheels come off the ground at the same time. Just not the rear. Im gonna be making low speed passes for awhile anyways with this car. Sometimes I hate having OCD. Lol.
That’s a good idea, you may find that it’s great. If it sucks you can start on it again. Fortunately my OCD has limitations. Things don’t have to be perfect, just have to be as perfect as I can manage. And if I can’t even get to that point I simply adjust my expectations and proceed on. I wish you good luck with it man!

Throw it all to the side,make 2 equal length turnbuckles an adjust again.shocks do absolutely nothing for you over 100mph. Shocks in this video don't move at all..

But then there’s the Raz video at around 160mph and it clearly shows his front suspension working. My road is good but not 100% sure it’s no suspension good, that’s my main issue.

Can't you level it back out using your droop screws?
That’s the thing. I can get it completely level. When I lift up the front both wheels come off the ground evenly. The rear doesn’t do that. Although in Raz’s video I don’t remember if he lifted the rear. Maybe only the front is import in that aspect.

That’s the thing. I can get it completely level. When I lift up the front both wheels come off the ground evenly. The rear doesn’t do that. Although in Raz’s video I don’t remember if he lifted the rear. Maybe only the front is import in that aspect.
I adjust the "tire lift" with my droop screws and then use pre-load on the shocks to adjust traction. For example, if the car turns to the left off the line then I increase pre-load on the right rear shock to increase traction on the right side until it goes straight.

I adjust the "tire lift" with my droop screws and then use pre-load on the shocks to adjust traction. For example, if the car turns to the left off the line then I increase pre-load on the right rear shock to increase traction on the right side until it goes straight.
If I adjust tire lift where all the wheels come up at the same time then the car leans to one side. That’s what has me banging my head against the wall. Are you running away bars?

If I adjust tire lift where all the wheels come up at the same time then the car leans to one side. That’s what has me banging my head against the wall. Are you running away bars?
Nope, removed those too. Didn't seem to make sense on a speed runner.

Think I got it. Adjusted the preload on one side. Seems to be level and come up even after I set the droop. I lost my level surface for the night since my wife is now working so I can’t be 100% sure since I’m laying on the bathroom tile.
Measuring the shock collars is a starting point. Not the end all be all. Learned something today.

Think I got it. Adjusted the preload on one side. Seems to be level and come up even after I set the droop. I lost my level surface for the night since my wife is now working so I can’t be 100% sure since I’m laying on the bathroom tile.
Measuring the shock collars is a starting point. Not the end all be all. Learned something today.
Suddenly had a vision of you flat out on a tile floor squinting, looking at your car closely…
😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back