Need a new charger (Upgrade)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two 2 channel chargers or one 4 channel makes charging many packs for an outing fast. As long as they have the right PSU.
By having 2 separate chargers, if one fails, you have a second one left. (redundency) One 4 channel failed and you are high and dry.
I only use a balance board once in blue moon. (Josh Bardwell Signature) That's another topic, more familiar with the quad crowd.

Last edited:
It isn't that you have to provide enough volts to match the lipo packs volts. Just that cleaner sustained watts occurs with 24v minimum. 12v PSU's don't cut it.
I have 2 Ac/Dc D6 Duo Pros. (HobbyMate) One I run on A/C. The Internal PSU runs at 29.4 volts (30v) but only supplies 200 watts (100 per channel if charging 2 packs simultaneously) The second identical charger, runs an external PSU at 23.9v( 24v) But can supply 400watts. Again the charger will split across 2 channels if charging 2 lipos on each CH. I can charge 2 (Gens of ACE) 6S 7k mah packs in under one hour (45min) at 1C from 3.8v/cell). (use 1c always w/any lipo I charge) The charger using its Internal A/C PSU (30v/200watt) cannot come close with almost double the charge time. Despite it having 30v. (6v more) Wattage output needs to be higher according to the capacity of packs charging. An extra 6v does nothing in this case.

HM uses high end 30v power supplies in this model. Its been reviewed as a decent AC/DC charger for this reason. F/W can be flakey at times for some. I never updated the F/W. I don't have any Fan throttling issues, as some have experienced. FWIW. I always prefer the external PSU+charger. My primary go to charger.
My spin.
:cool:
Hopefully this P30 future proofs me pretty good. I'm interested to see how much I can push my batteries. I likely wont go more than 2c as my Zee pack states that's the max. The graphene yowoo batteries I may push a little bit more. My hitec x4 only gains 100 watts with a max dc supply of 18v. That is across 4 channels though. Allows me to have 2 channels at 100w and 2 channels at 50w. Good for the small stuff so I will probably keep it around as well.

So I got my new P30 and power supplies all hooked up. WOW. Took me about an hour to get a 6s 6000mah graphene from storage to full with my Hitec X4 AC Pro.....with the P30....just less than 15 minutes at 2C. Fantastic difference in ability to run with the kids at the same time. Why didn't I get one earlier?! lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back