Need a new ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark_RC_Corpses

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Senton 6s
20180113_072016.jpg

Well the ESC in the Kraton released the magic smoke this week. I am in need of an ESC. What do y'all use? I am torn between a HobbyWing XR8 plus, a Tekin RX8 gen2 and an Orion R8 pro X. I don't care for the programming options on the max series or it would be a Max6. Hobbywing has always done me well. So like I said what are any suggestions for a good ESC replacement for my Kraton?

There have been plenty of members here that use the HobbyWing ESC and like it. That said Tekin and Orion both make high quality products as well.
Do you have any experience with the rx8 gen2? We all run HobbyWings and we have the one r8 pro x in Vinnie's Nero. I was also looking at the Mamba monster x from castle. I guess i just can't decide where I want to go lol.

So if anyone cares I grabbed a stock BLX185 system and an alien 300a esc from eBay (too huge to fit in anything yet). I grabbed a Castle MMX from the LHS and thought about returning it after i saw i need the programmer link to even adjust punch. Bought a XErun XR8 plus that night. I called castle and got a free programmer so i decided to keep the castle. Decided I'm putting the Xerun in the senton with a 4274sd 2250kv XErun motor and bought it. Grabbed a Reedy sonic 877 for the kraton and the castle MMX. Realized tonight that the free castle link is still on backorder so i grabbed a team Orion r8 prox tonight. Long story shorter I'm putting a XErun XR8 plus system in the senton and a team Orion r8 prox and reedy 877 in the kraton. That being said I also have a castle MMX for sale i suppose.

Is the xerun ESC and motor waterproof though?
Judging by the look of your truck, you'll need it

Is the xerun ESC and motor waterproof though?
Judging by the look of your truck, you'll need it
The Xerun is resistant as far as I know. I'm gonna run that in the Senton anyway. As of a few minutes ago i have a Reedy sonic 877 and orion r8 prox freshly installed in the kraton with a fresh HRB 6000Mah 50-100c battery and one on reserve for the Xerun in the Senton. I'm not trying to run in the salty nasty slush anymore thats why the kraton looks destroyed. Although it was fun lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back