Kraton Need a new esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaper007

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Well it's time to replace my esc..I'm looking at the max 6 from hobbywing..my question is..is the max 6 compatible with the stock motor or do i have to buy a esc and motor combo..I'm not trying to change the motor if i don't have to..just looking for plug and play..

Well it's time to replace my esc..I'm looking at the max 6 from hobbywing..my question is..is the max 6 compatible with the stock motor or do i have to buy a esc and motor combo..I'm not trying to change the motor if i don't have to..just looking for plug and play..

IMO, I would use the Max 8. The kv of your motor is over the kv rating on the Max 6. That limit is on the ESC due to how fast it's electronics can perform the necessary switching for the pulses. I believe either rpm could be limited by this or premature ESC/motor failure could result. Neither will be "plug and play"

I put the Max6 in my Outcast with no issues. It's been great, never hit thermal, no lack of power. It's 160 amps and up to 8S capable.

Wow thanks for that info..would have hated to get something that wasn't that wasn't compatible..i guess it's time to do some research and learn about the electronics..and I'm assuming that no esc is plug and play so what is involved in removing an esc..i don't mean bolt by bolt but anything special to look for when it comes to the esc motor combo..

I'm guessing the motor limit is relational to the motor size, not just the kv. The specs say max of 1500kv on 6S, but it also lists it with the 5892 motor, which is a physically much larger motor than what comes in any of the arrma trucks.

If the Nero has the same motor as the Outcast then it will be fine. I've had the max6 in my outcast for o er 6 months now with no issues.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back